Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Stamblade 51.5K DPS 3mil [Dragon Bones]

Araxyte
Araxyte
✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to share my first attempt at stamblade DPS this patch. I have no idea if my traits or CP are right so could possibly do better, also not played for a few months.

Notes
  • Gear: TFS, Warmachine, Kraghs, VMA bow, Poison back-bar, Axe/dagger setup (mechanical acuity instead of TFS for dungeons and trials is filthy deeps)
  • Blue resource food
  • Lover stone (Warrior stone for dungeon and trials is even more deeps)
  • CP I don't even know tbh, probably all in blessed
  • Sure you can use velidreth
  • All abilities used in the video would be what I would use in dungeons and trials, even the marked for death (pre-debuff, crit passives, healing and major berserk when target dies)
  • This build is very easy to sustain now, just do a few more heavy attacks than what you saw in the video and take synergies. The synergy patch made sustaining so so easy.
  • Infused axe with precise dagger. Nirnhoned bow.
Edited by Araxyte on February 22, 2018 12:56AM
| All classes | PC EU |
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Araxyte wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my first attempt at stamblade DPS this patch. I have no idea if my traits or CP are right so could possibly do better, also not played for a few months.

Notes
    • Gear: TFS, Warmachine, Kraghs, VMA bow, Poison back-bar, Axe/dagger setup (mechanical acuity instead of TFS for dungeons and trials is filthy deeps)
    • Blue resource food
    • No, using an axe is not "waaah you're cheesing it waaah". You want more single target dps most places.
    • All abilities used in the video would be what I would use in dungeons and trials, even the marked for death (pre-debuff, crit passives, healing and major berserk when target dies)
    • People using dawnbreaker front bar for stamblade BIG FACE PALM
    • This build is very easy to sustain now, just do a few more heavy attacks than what you saw in the video and take synergies. The synergy patch made sustaining so so easy.

TFS + The Lover + Kra'gh and you run completely out of stam at 30%, and you think people are going to call out using an axe as cheese? lol

Nice parse though.

Also, Dawnbreaker on the front bar works totally fine, and is probably optimal if you are using Mechanical Acuity as you have War Machine on both bars and want to maximize the Acuity proc time for Spectral Bow/Killer's Blade rather than using Incap while it's procced. Particularly since most people use Nirnhoned/Infused on the front bar (as opposed to the Infused/Precise setup you're using here), Dawnbreaker gives a massive weapon damage boost.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 20, 2018 4:32PM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Notes
    • Blue resource food
    • No, using an axe is not "waaah you're cheesing it waaah". You want more single target dps most places.

TFS + The Lover + Kra'gh and you run completely out of stam at 30%, and you think people are going to call out using an axe as cheese? lol

Nice parse though.

Also, Dawnbreaker on the front bar works totally fine, and is probably optimal if you are using Mechanical Acuity as you have War Machine on both bars and want to maximize the Acuity proc time for Spectral Bow/Killer's Blade rather than using Incap while it's procced. Particularly since most people use Nirnhoned/Infused on the front bar (as opposed to the Infused/Precise setup you're using here), Dawnbreaker gives a massive weapon damage boost.

Did you not read "do more heavy attacks"?
    Did you not watch the video? Did you know that for more war machine up time incap is superior He did say he wasn't sure traits were bis, so before nit picking, try to read and understand hes done a lot of dps as it is, far more than anyone's knowingly done. So right now, his set up is absolutely fine.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on February 20, 2018 4:47PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

Of course I'm going to change how I fight on targets with more health... you think I'm just going to let my stamina drop to 0 like an idiot lmao. Yes people do find things to flame about such as an axe so I had to mention it. And you want to maximise WM up-time for your team which means using incap on front-bar - this fits in perfectly with your ultimate regen rather than having to wait until you're on your back-bar.

Also in a dungeon and trials you would have countless synergies for regen...

| All classes | PC EU |
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Notes
    • Blue resource food

Nice parse though.

Did you not watch the video? Did you know that for more war machine up time incap is superior He did say he wasn't sure traits were bis, so before nit picking, try to read and understand hes done a lot of dps as it is, far more than anyone's knowingly done. So right now, his set up is absolutely fine.

@Valkyn_Eltrys

Far more than anyone else has knowingly done? lol OK. I've seen people parse 52-53k+ months ago. A thread of those parses is linked in this very thread.

Also, the point of Dawnbreaker front bar is not to use it. You fire incap from the back bar and swap out of it. Major Slayer uptime is the same regardless because you're still using Incap, just on a different bar. You could try reading the part where I explained why people use Dawnbreaker on the front bar. You can see it in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFKxPQCzk
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 20, 2018 5:11PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice parse :smiley:

Hi ZoS!

I'd like my magicka templar to be welcome as a DPS.

Thx.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

Of course I'm going to change how I fight on targets with more health... you think I'm just going to let my stamina drop to 0 like an idiot lmao. Yes people do find things to flame about such as an axe so I had to mention it. And you want to maximise WM up-time for your team which means using incap on front-bar - this fits in perfectly with your ultimate regen rather than having to wait until you're on your back-bar.

You don't need to use Incap on the front bar to maximize Major Slayer. You can use Incap on the back bar, as in the video I posted in my prior comment. Colt from Mechanically Challenged runs it the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoMFyjViFoo

As I said, it's advantageous when using Mechanical Acuity because often there are other things you'd rather be doing in the Acuity proc than casting Incap.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We recently removed a few unnecessary comments. Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

You don't need to use Incap on the front bar to maximize Major Slayer. You can use Incap on the back bar, as in the video I posted in my prior comment. Colt from Mechanically Challenged runs it the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoMFyjViFoo

As I said, it's advantageous when using Mechanical Acuity because often there are other things you'd rather be doing in the Acuity proc than casting Incap.

Will try this out, ty for the input.
    Edited by Araxyte on February 20, 2018 5:14PM
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

No problemo.

Personally I also use Incap on the front bar (typically using War Machine + Hunding's) but Warfire and Colt are hitting insane numbers so what they're doing is probably worth a try.

Colt posted his complete stamblade build recently, I'll try to track that down. I also noticed that Warfire is using Axe + Sword in recent videos. Now, when I first started testing Mechanical Acuity I was also using Axe + Sword, but honestly there was very little difference in single-target parses and Axe + Dagger will be better for cleave. But honestly not sure what the ideal weapon setup for Mechanical Acuity on a stamblade is.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 20, 2018 5:20PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah good parse man..! But I do have to ask: why do you need this much cheese? You could easily get more or less the same results by using a raid setup:

oZqm2Q2.png?1

- 5 War Machine
    - 5 Acuity
    - 2 Stormfist
    - Warrior Mundus, 23 CP into Piercing

I remember having fun cheesing a few parses with the same gear setup as you and getting 52.6k ish back in Clockwork City, but I did start to question the usefulness of those parses. They don't reflect anything at all. Its not even close to a build that you would use in a raid situation. And a target dummy provides 2 things: build/set comparisons on the same class and rotation practice. You can't compare a full penetration build to a raid build and the rotation would also look different due to the difference in sustain.

Then again, 3mil dummies are basically pointless anyway since they are short fights in which you have 2 factors that dictate everything: critical hit luck and the fact that you don't need to think about sustain. 6mil dummies are a much more accurate representation of what a raid rotation would look like.

This is one of my 6mil dummy parses from last patch:

6peV84B.png

Exactly same thing as the 3mil dummy parse, but with 5 CP less in Master at Arms, 4 CP less in Thaum and 1 CP less in Piercing.

So yeah. Just my thoughts on why its un-needed to overstack penetration.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice parse though.

About Incap on the front bar: you know you can always barswap to the back bar and apply Incap when its up and swap back to the front bar, right?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    impressive !
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice parse though.

No problemo.

Personally I also use Incap on the front bar (typically using War Machine + Hunding's) but Warfire and Colt are hitting insane numbers so what they're doing is probably worth a try.

Colt posted his complete stamblade build recently, I'll try to track that down. I also noticed that Warfire is using Axe + Sword in recent videos. Now, when I first started testing Mechanical Acuity I was also using Axe + Sword, but honestly there was very little difference in single-target parses and Axe + Dagger will be better for cleave. But honestly not sure what the ideal weapon setup for Mechanical Acuity on a stamblade is.

I kinda prefer Dagger cause... lots of different reasons :D More spefically, the fact that in good groups, you'll have high War Horn uptime which won't always line up with your Acuity proc. And having 45% crit chance while Major Force is up is just... you get what I mean.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Nice parse though.

About Incap on the front bar: you know you can always barswap to the back bar and apply Incap when its up and swap back to the front bar, right?

You do realize he was using War Machine weapons right? If he Incaps on back bar, War Marchine DOESN'T GO OFF.

He obviously wants TFS on the body (as he has) so it applies even when he switches to his backbar. Even bar switching after using Incap back bar isn't going to magically proc Major Slayer; it applies the SECOND the ultimate is used. Even though the graphic looks like it's being used with two daggers, be very assured you are hitting it with your bow (and as such, no Major Slayer)

Also, a fat no on whoever mentioned Stormfist. Stam Sorc maybe through implosion, but offers nothing to a Stamblade.
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on February 21, 2018 3:48AM
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

@LiquidPony

Dear god, is this what the game looks like on PC? There is no lag!

<sigh>

If my PS4 can run a 10th of that, I'd consider it an improvement.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Notes
    • Blue resource food

Nice parse though.

Guildmate on ps4 has done 55k on stam nb. OP is in that ballpark. Well done OP! I'm working on stamblade atm, thanks for posting
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice parse though.

You do realize he was using War Machine weapons right? If he Incaps on back bar, War Marchine DOESN'T GO OFF.

He obviously wants TFS on the body (as he has) so it applies even when he switches to his backbar. Even bar switching after using Incap back bar isn't going to magically proc Major Slayer; it applies the SECOND the ultimate is used. Even though the graphic looks like it's being used with two daggers, be very assured you are hitting it with your bow (and as such, no Major Slayer)

Also, a fat no on whoever mentioned Stormfist. Stam Sorc maybe through implosion, but offers nothing to a Stamblade.

Yeah and using War Machine weapons is not a good idea in a raid scenario because you want to be using Mechanical Acuity on the front bar in order to control the proc.

And Stormfist does more Single Target and AoE DPS than Velidreth, plus it gives you a sustain piece which limits the number of heavy attacks and allows you to do a full light attack rotation in raids. Plus I never said it was mandatory, I just said I was using it when I linked my parses which were done with raid gear and no penetration cheese. Did you even read what I wrote or did you just see Stormfist and jumped to a conclusion that I was talking nonesense?
    Edited by Izaki on February 21, 2018 12:30PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

First off, the OP himself said "font-barring Flawless big face palm" which implies he meant it for every one not just his specific build.

Secondly, I don't mind people switching sets or mundus stones to perform better against the dummy but where I personally draw the line on cheese is when it ends up changing your skill configuration to match the specific sets that you'll only really use against the dummy. Like, what are you even testing on that parse? If you're not practising the skill rotation you'll use on Trial, what is it for?

You're not gonna use TFS on trials, never mind Kragh. Alkosh, Sunder, Torugs with Crusher enchant, and 2000 points in CP penetration will debuff the boss fully. You'll therefore want War Machine on the body rather than the weapons and Acuity on the swords. Which means you'll be front-barring Flawless for more damage on SA, Spectral Bow, and Killer's Blade and back-barring Incap. It's the most efficient set up.

He's altered the skill set up to suit a dummy parse cheese and it also seemed he tried to lecture others on skill set up, that's why some people responded. It's all good though, it's been cleared up.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi ZoS!

Thx.

@Joy_Division

At least beam hits harder this patch..........
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Hi ZoS!

Thx.

@Joy_Division

At least beam hits harder this patch..........

So ZoS says. But they said the same thing about Sweeps and it only hits harder Vs. targets with minor vulnerability. And Sweeps does a lot less damage in PvP because they messed up how the CP system mitigates the incoming damage from Sweeps.
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Izaki Yeah I'm thinking trying mechanical acuity proc front-bar then warmachine back-bar and then maybe testing out this sword thing.

This was just a first attempt thing. Also I do actually use this setup in dungeons with my friends when we're doing trio's n stuff with low penetration debuffs. I don't think it's fair to call anything cheesing unless you have someone buffing you on the dummy. At the end of the day it's still self-buffed and a good choice of gear if you're not running with optimal teams.

| All classes | PC EU |
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nice parse though.

@LiquidPony

Dear god, is this what the game looks like on PC? There is no lag!

<sigh>

If my PS4 can run a 10th of that, I'd consider it an improvement.

lol

My XB1X actually runs pretty smooth on the Pinnacle Factotum fight. The Triplets and Assembly General are garbage, though. Yuck. Just watching that video reminds me how much I hate vHoF. What an awful Trial. So many stuns and snares and resource drains and that obnoxious final boss with 105mil health and non-stop meteors and stuns where you're totally SoL if one of your healers happens to catch a 1-second lag spike ...

But yeah, having run some (normal) Trials on my low CP PC account recently, it's really amazing how absolutely awful the game is on console.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Izaki Yeah I'm thinking trying mechanical acuity proc front-bar then warmachine back-bar and then maybe testing out this sword thing.

This was just a first attempt thing. Also I do actually use this setup in dungeons with my friends when we're doing trio's n stuff with low penetration debuffs. I don't think it's fair to call anything cheesing unless you have someone buffing you on the dummy. At the end of the day it's still self-buffed and a good choice of gear if you're not running with optimal teams.

Generally people that do dummy tests for trial guilds frown upon anything that you wouldn't use in a raid. Now TFS + Lover + Kra'gh is definitely the 3 things you won't be using in raids neither individually, nor all together. Even in non optimal teams, you still get some kind of penetration support, like NMG or Torug's Pact. And after all, dungeon setups don't really matter much, when people do dummy tests, they have raids in mind more so than dungeons. In dungeons, you don't need to have that much penetration to reach high numbers, just like you don't need penetration to reach high numbers on the dummy.

Its not about trying it out, its what the current absolute BiS for Stamblade is. Mechanical Acuity, War Machine and a monster set of choice (mine being Stormfist for pretty much every fight in the game except 3). I personally don't like the sword. Obviously with a "cheese" setup, you can get higher numbers on the dummy, I think the best I've seen was a 55k parse from one of my mates back on Xbox and I hit a 53k back in Clockwork City before heading off to PC. But when you think about it, these parses are completely meaningless since they rely solely on crit chance and lucky procs. So as much as 3mil dummies are fun, the real deal is 6mil dummies. I find a 6mil 46k parse with raid gear much more impressive than a 49k parse with gear that is only good for dummies or places where you don't have any armor debuffs and I'm fairly certain that most people who actively raid share my opinions on this.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Notes
    • Blue resource food

Nice parse though.

Guildmate on ps4 has done 55k on stam nb. OP is in that ballpark. Well done OP! I'm working on stamblade atm, thanks for posting

Plenty of people have hit 51k+ actually since CwC dropped. At this point, its not even about skill, its about lucky crits and lucky procs.

But if you want to work on Stamblade, don't get used to using dummy setups, because the skill setup and the rotation is very different to what you'd use in a raid. It used to be the same thing for both more or less, but now with Acuity, things changed quite a lot between the two. So if anything, I'd recommend working on a light attack rotation with 3 bow procs per cast of Relentless on a 6mil dummy. Don't be afraid to do extra barswaps depending on the number of light attacks you've already done! Dynamic rotations > static rotations.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BiS Cheese, I like my cheddar sharp though so nice job
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to say something, but @Izaki literally summarized everything ^^
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    so i was looking at the value of your posions how did you get them that high. I have the 2 trait ones and still i only get 1367 and 887 with a nirnhoned weapon
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Nice parse though.

First off, the OP himself said "font-barring Flawless big face palm" which implies he meant it for every one not just his specific build.

Secondly, I don't mind people switching sets or mundus stones to perform better against the dummy but where I personally draw the line on cheese is when it ends up changing your skill configuration to match the specific sets that you'll only really use against the dummy. Like, what are you even testing on that parse? If you're not practising the skill rotation you'll use on Trial, what is it for?

You're not gonna use TFS on trials, never mind Kragh. Alkosh, Sunder, Torugs with Crusher enchant, and 2000 points in CP penetration will debuff the boss fully. You'll therefore want War Machine on the body rather than the weapons and Acuity on the swords. Which means you'll be front-barring Flawless for more damage on SA, Spectral Bow, and Killer's Blade and back-barring Incap. It's the most efficient set up.

He's altered the skill set up to suit a dummy parse cheese and it also seemed he tried to lecture others on skill set up, that's why some people responded. It's all good though, it's been cleared up.

These are the skills I use everywhere :/ This is what I used to do for 60K+ rakkat hard-mode months ago. I shouldn't of made the comment on the dawnbreaker but don't nit-pick my post. If you have something constructive to say then fine but don't just indirectly flame me, I'm sure you have better things to do.
    Edited by Araxyte on February 22, 2018 3:37AM
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭

Notes
    • Blue resource food

I did very clearly explain what I would use in a dungeon and trial situation. It seems some people just watched the video and didn't bother to read the points I made. But I'll repeat what i said anyway - More heavy attacks than what you saw in the video, mechanical acuity instead of TFS for dungeons and trials, warrior stone for dungeons and trials, sure you can use velidreth
    Edited by Araxyte on February 22, 2018 12:54AM
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah good parse man..! But I do have to ask: why do you need this much cheese? You could easily get more or less the same results by using a raid setup:

oZqm2Q2.png?1

- 5 War Machine
    - 5 Acuity
    - 2 Stormfist
    - Warrior Mundus, 23 CP into Piercing

I remember having fun cheesing a few parses with the same gear setup as you and getting 52.6k ish back in Clockwork City, but I did start to question the usefulness of those parses. They don't reflect anything at all. Its not even close to a build that you would use in a raid situation. And a target dummy provides 2 things: build/set comparisons on the same class and rotation practice. You can't compare a full penetration build to a raid build and the rotation would also look different due to the difference in sustain.

Then again, 3mil dummies are basically pointless anyway since they are short fights in which you have 2 factors that dictate everything: critical hit luck and the fact that you don't need to think about sustain. 6mil dummies are a much more accurate representation of what a raid rotation would look like.

This is one of my 6mil dummy parses from last patch:

6peV84B.png

Exactly same thing as the 3mil dummy parse, but with 5 CP less in Master at Arms, 4 CP less in Thaum and 1 CP less in Piercing.

So yeah. Just my thoughts on why its un-needed to overstack penetration.

What traits/ glyphs are you using for your weapons in these parses? I'm getting around 44k with your setup on 6mil dummy but I can't seem to get my abilities to hit as much. Also the storm fist seems interesting, I'll have to farm it - the regen would be nice :)
    Edited by Araxyte on February 22, 2018 3:30AM
    | All classes | PC EU |