The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bar swap while running not working

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Doesn't seem to be working.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to only happen with a style equiped to a weapon. Maybe it's happening because only had 1 weapon changed.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be working.
    Oh well. Does it work while the character is walking? (It should.) For what it's worth, I have not observed attempts to swap ability-bars ignored since Update 17 in contexts in which it was effected before the update.

In my experience:
    • Ability-bar swapping works while a character runs, but not while a character sprints. (See the Note below.)
    • It also works while a character is buffed by Major Expedition (+30% increase in walking and/or running speed).
    • It also works while the character walks or runs faster during the Rapid Maneuver ability's buff. But I don't recall whether bar swapping can occur while both of the Major Expedition and Rapid Maneuver buffs to walking and to running, respectively, are in effect.
    In my experience:
    • Ability-bar swapping works while a character is mounted (e.g., on a horse); it works while the mount walks, and it usually works while the mount runs. However, I've never seen it work while my mounted character was under attack, before either I dismount the character or the character is dismounted by the Host.
    • A bar-swap attempt might be ignored while a mount moves faster during the Rapid Maneuver ability's buff. But I do not recall whether the Major Expedition buff affects bar-swapping while a character is mounted, although the mount walks or runs 30% faster.
    • A mount also sprints 30% faster while buffed by Major Expedition, and sprints faster while buffed by Rapid Maneuver. But attempts to swap bars have always been ignored while the mount sprints.

NOTE: ordinarily a character cannot do anything else while sprinting. This is not a bug, it is a feature of the game design.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi