Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO on PS4 Pro - is there an option to activate better graphics?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there! Got a Pro some months ago and just returned playing ESO on my console. Is there an option to activate the PS4 Pro ESO graphics? I ask because I don't have one but the guy in this video has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkAMBpPtTeA
0:12.

If I'm honest I don't see any difference between the normal PS4 and the Pro that's why I ask if there's an option. Or is the difference so minimal in the end? I thought lightning / colours would be better (I don't own a 4k / HDR TV but a Full HD).
Edited by Seraphayel on February 19, 2018 5:07PM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What about fixing this problem one year after the Pro version of ESO was released? Why can't I choose the graphic options on my 1080p TV although they're even existing for non 4k TVs?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your PS4 Pro’s “home screen” go to: Settings -> System -> Boost Mode.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Could you explain this a little more detailed please? :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Could you explain this a little more detailed please? :)

On your PS4’s “home screen”, go to “Settings” (should be to the right of “Trophies”, and left of “Power”). From there, scroll down until you see an option labeled as “System” (below “Power Save Settings”, and above “Initializarion”). Upon clicking on it, scroll down until you see an option listed as “Boost Mode”. Make sure that it is checked, and from there return to your “home screen”. Voila. Finished.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sure that option is turned on but there's an in game graphics option that you can only see when you've got a 4k TV although it works on every resolution...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sure that option is turned on but there's an in game graphics option that you can only see when you've got a 4k TV although it works on every resolution...

So... What exactly is your question? If you have “Boost Mode” activated on your PS4 Pro, and you lack a 4K television; or monitor... What exactly are you trying to do?
  • signed8bit
    signed8bit
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What about fixing this problem one year after the Pro version of ESO was released? Why can't I choose the graphic options on my 1080p TV although they're even existing for non 4k TVs?

It was supposed to have been fixed in a recent update. I believe when Clockwork City hit? There were reports that folks with a 1080p set and a PS4 Pro started getting the 1080p enhanced graphics by default. When connected to a 1080p set you will not see a toggle between enhanced and regular.

If you are not seeing the upgraded water reflections then it sounds like this isn't working for you. There is a work around though. Check out the following thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4279092/#Comment_4279092

You essentially fake a 4K display via Remote Play and set ESO to use 1080p enhanced graphics. Once you plug your 1080p set back in you will continue to see the enhanced graphics.
    Edited by signed8bit on February 20, 2018 9:07PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    signed8bit wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It was supposed to have been fixed in a recent update. I believe when Clockwork City hit? There were reports that folks with a 1080p set and a PS4 Pro started getting the 1080p enhanced graphics by default. When connected to a 1080p set you will not see a toggle between enhanced and regular.

If you are not seeing the upgraded water reflections then it sounds like this isn't working for you. There is a work around though. Check out the following thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4279092/#Comment_4279092

You essentially fake a 4K display via Remote Play and set ESO to use 1080p enhanced graphics. Once you plug your 1080p set back in you will continue to see the enhanced graphics.

@signed8bit Wow! Thank you for posting this! I didn’t even know about this neat little feature. Thanks for the heads up, if I should ever need it.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this was supposed to be fixed with CWC as signed8bit points out.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382653/playstation-4-patch-notes-v1-30

"Fixed an issue where the PlayStation 4 Pro would not automatically be set to 1080p Enhanced Mode when playing on a 1080p display." Filed under "Miscellaneous" - "General"

@Seraphayel if you see water reflections, then you're good. If not, you could try deleting local game save data first to see if that fixes it - see

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36158/~/how-do-i-delete-the-elder-scrolls-save-data-on-console

If not, then @signed8bit has already posted the more "involved" solution :smile:
    PS4NA
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So... What exactly is your question? If you have “Boost Mode” activated on your PS4 Pro, and you lack a 4K television; or monitor... What exactly are you trying to do?

Have the 4k experience without having to fork out the cash for a 4k tv. :p
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what's the difference between reflections and no reflections? Is it as obvious as it says *lol*?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • signed8bit
    signed8bit
    ✭✭
    Well what's the difference between reflections and no reflections? Is it as obvious as it says *lol*?

The PS4 Pro in 4K mode has the static reflections. In the video you posted, when 1080p Enhanced is selected you can see the more dynamic reflections enabled. Here you can see the actual environment reflected in the water vs. the previous mode's more "suggested" reflections.

If someone with more knowledge of 3D rendering can throw down the correct terms for these two techniques please do. :)
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all 4k TVs are compliant with PS4 Pro, when buying a 4K TV you need to make sure the TV meets the requirements for the PS4 Pro.
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 21, 2018 3:35AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an option for better graphics on a 1080p TV as well. So using a Pro on a Full HD TV gives you Better graphics as well BUT you don't see the option for that in game if you don't own a 4k TV.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    signed8bit wrote: »

The PS4 Pro in 4K mode has the static reflections. In the video you posted, when 1080p Enhanced is selected you can see the more dynamic reflections enabled. Here you can see the actual environment reflected in the water vs. the previous mode's more "suggested" reflections.

If someone with more knowledge of 3D rendering can throw down the correct terms for these two techniques please do. :)

Ah lol! The difference is massive if you know where to look at! Thanks.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

kMdEp1z.png
    Left is the 'normal' 4K setting, right is the 1080p enhanced setting :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

kMdEp1z.png
    Left is the 'normal' 4K setting, right is the 1080p enhanced setting :)

Yeah it is very obvious when you know what to look at and what to compare! I got it know, thanks. And I'm happy the workaround did work for me although the option in game is already gone.

Thanks @ all!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the ps4 5.50 beta update there is a option to enable "supersampling" which fixes all of these issues. It really enhances the graphics for ps4 pro players without a 4k TV...truly awesome!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    In the ps4 5.50 beta update there is a option to enable "supersampling" which fixes all of these issues. It really enhances the graphics for ps4 pro players without a 4k TV...truly awesome!

@jlboozer
    So that update is already live or coming in the future?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlboozer

@Seraphayel It's the next update to come out on ps4, its still in beta right now. I only know about it because I'm a beta tester. Ps4 update 5.50, I think there is more info on YouTube about it.
    Edited by jlboozer on February 23, 2018 3:22PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlboozer

@Seraphayel It's the next update to come out on ps4, its still in beta right now. I only know about it because I'm a beta tester. Ps4 update 5.50, I think there is more info on YouTube about it.

@jlboozer

Thank you very much! And you tested it with ESO and ESO is looking better with it even on 1080p? Sounds great!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -