Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

warden: druid outfit options?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm running a warden tank and looking for motif options to create his outfit. I used to play a druid in world of warcraft and like the nature style, so I'm trying to find something that will fit. Dragonbones hasnt released on ps4 yet so this is just speculation for now - but are you able to change the appearance of heavy armor to light armor or vice versa with the outfit system?

The character in question wears heavy armor and uses 1h/shield front bar and staff back bar. For shields, I kinda like the trinimac cult style, as the shield has a big tree etched into it. For staves, the skinchanger style has the antler attachment on the head. I'm thinking possibly low level wood elf shoulders as they look like tree branches, but not sure if there's something more appropriate or animal themed.

Any suggestions on a 1hander or the rest of the armor? Looking for anything animal-looking or plant-looking.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    In general, the styles like Barbaric, Mazzatun, Wood Elf, Skinchanger, Bloodforge, and Dreadhorn(the tribal/savage/furred styles) would do well for a heavy armored druid. The Bloodforge heavy helmet is a pretty nice looking helmet with antlers especially for the nature ward, or you could go Mazzatun heavy/medium helmet for a bird skull helmet.
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    Mazzatun shoulders are made of bones , if that interests you. The Daggerfall heavy shoulders are made in the shape of a lion.
    The Skinchanger helmet (light) uses a wolf head, the bloodforge ones have antlers.

For the rest, I don't really see anything truly animal or plant related, though quite a few motifs have fur in them, or a tribal theme (mazzatun, malacath, bloodforge, dreadhorn ...)

And yes, you can make a heavy piece of armor look like a light one, and vice versa.

Here are two of my outfits, maybe they'll interest you or give you some ideas :

okwHnqe.jpg

Armor :
    Head : Stahlrim Frostcaster heavy
    Shoulders : Mazzatun light
    Chest : Stahlrim Frostcaster heavy
    Hands : Skinchanger light
    Waist : Dreadhorn heavy
    Legs : Worm Cult medium
    Feet : Skinchanger light

Staff : Soulshriven

J04OVDT.jpg

Armor
    Head : Skinchanger light
    Shoulders : Malacath light
    Chest : Malacath heavy
    Hands : Argonian light 1
    Belt : Nord light 3
    Legs : Bloodforge medium
    Feet : Orc medium 2
    Edited by Aedh on February 19, 2018 4:02PM
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think Mazzatun as ElFonz0 points out, would give you the best results. Personally I use Wood Elf tier 1, but thats cause I use a Bosmer. Wood Elf Heavy 4 helm might be worth looking at, there is some other bird head helm too, don't remember what it is.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the look of the mazzatun mace, but can you dye the red feathers a different color now?
    PS4 / NA
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    No, just checked ingame. Feathers remain red
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElFonz0 wrote: »

We that's disappointing. Any other options for naturey 1handers?
    PS4 / NA
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

We that's disappointing. Any other options for naturey 1handers?

I'd say something Barbaric, Dreadhorn, Skinchanger, Mazzatun, or Wood Elf. Some styles are more "civilized" or "clean" than others if that matters, but these are generally the styles for that theme. Also worth considering are Argonian and Malacath
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much as I do like the wood elf and barbaric maces id prefer something less aggressive. The spikes are a bit much - that's one reason I like the mazzatun mace; its a rounded war club and could double as a scepter-style magic weapon. I just wish I could make those red feathers look like green leaves.
    PS4 / NA
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r03q11joh8vx.png
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    Primal melee weapons have an interesting vibe to them, especially the lower level ones
  • DarkBones
    DarkBones
    Aedh wrote: »
    Mazzatun shoulders are made of bones , if that interests you. The Daggerfall heavy shoulders are made in the shape of a lion.
    The Skinchanger helmet (light) uses a wolf head, the bloodforge ones have antlers.

For the rest, I don't really see anything truly animal or plant related, though quite a few motifs have fur in them, or a tribal theme (mazzatun, malacath, bloodforge, dreadhorn ...)

And yes, you can make a heavy piece of armor look like a light one, and vice versa.

Here are two of my outfits, maybe they'll interest you or give you some ideas :

okwHnqe.jpg

Armor :
    Head : Stahlrim Frostcaster heavy
    Shoulders : Mazzatun light
    Chest : Stahlrim Frostcaster heavy
    Hands : Skinchanger light
    Waist : Dreadhorn heavy
    Legs : Worm Cult medium
    Feet : Skinchanger light

Staff : Soulshriven
    Hi, how do you create this look? Do you craft all the items and equip them? I just returned to ESO and cant remember much of the game.