The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

light fortified brass for a dk tank

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Came across this idea in another thread and it got me curious. Fortified brass offsets the loss of armor from using light vs heavy, and allows you to take advantage of the light armor passives for reduced spell cost and increase magicka recovery. Is it worth giving up the heavy armor passives to run this?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. The argument is valid for medium, but for light i don't think so. The gain from LA passives is marginal for a tank.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Not really. The argument is valid for medium, but for light i don't think so. The gain from LA passives is marginal for a tank.

Well most dk tanking setups already focus on high magicka recovery because stamina is regained through the helping hands passive when casting igneous shield. Medium would be less useful for tanks actually because stamina regen means nothing when blocking.
    PS4 / NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really worth it. Heavy armor is good chiefly for the passives that gives you extra health, healing received, and resource return from heavy attacks while the resistance is secondary. In any case for a tank resistance is not that important, since it is only considered after block mitigation has been calculated so capping it won't give you a lot more mitigation.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was wanting to run a recovery set, this would be one of the last ways I'd do it. I'd start with dragonguard, as it gives you quicker warhorns for the group in addition to helping sustain through battle roar.

If you want to run a dedicated, selfish recovery set, then nothing beats heavy seducers. You get all the heavy armor passive (constitution, increased healing received, and more health), and the relevant stats from light armor passives (magicka recovery and cost reduction)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess ill just stick to my torugs+ebon then
    PS4 / NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I was wanting to run a recovery set, this would be one of the last ways I'd do it. I'd start with dragonguard, as it gives you quicker warhorns for the group in addition to helping sustain through battle roar.

If you want to run a dedicated, selfish recovery set, then nothing beats heavy seducers. You get all the heavy armor passive (constitution, increased healing received, and more health), and the relevant stats from light armor passives (magicka recovery and cost reduction)

That's exactly my setup for dungeons, where I usually run without a dedicated healer:
    5 Akaviri Dragonguard 5 Armor of the Seducer 1 Choklethorn 1 Shadowrend.

Would also work well for off-tanking, since most times the adds don't need debuffs, since they are not supposed to be killed fast or even at all: ex. axes in vAA, Ozara's adds and lamias in the boss fight in vSO

My DK is full stamina so I run maximum healt+magicka food with this setup. My resource pools are about 20K Magicka 30.5K health and 24K stamina with about ~2K magicka recovery so I'm basically a hybrid without changing any of my attributes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asardes I do the same. Stack attribs in stamina, glyphs in health, and run witchmothers for the recovery.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fortified Brass is good training gear. And maybe a bit for PvP.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Fortified Brass is good training gear. And maybe a bit for PvP.

Honestly, you can get ~24k in resistances with a 5h/1m/1l setup in 5 Axiom, 5 Sun, 2 Valkyn. Just use a nirnhoned shield. You can keep all the light armor passives as well! Lots of fire damage and a pretty good amount of resistances.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 22k running 5 alma mercy + 5 allesia's bulwark + a monster (5-1-1) and 2 defending swords... with S/B I should get even moar
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As DK and Templar you can stack a lot of spell resistance anyway - that's important since most ground based AoEs and other stuff that's not mitigated by blocking is spell or elemental - so you don't really need sets with spell resistance bonuses. For example my Templar has ~27K spell resistance in 5/1/1 setup. My DK has ~24K spell resistance in 1/5/1. That's why I never bothered running heavy armor on those characters in PvP. But for PvE tanks heavy is needed due to the aspects underlined above. You can tank normal dungeons, base game veteran ones and vWGT in light armor with shields and block strategically to save your tiny stamina pool, by simply replacing Inner Light with Inner Rage and mostly doing you DD rotation but for harder DLC vets that's basically no deal, since no amount of shielding will save you from they heavy hitters like Dranos, Velidreth, the stone shapers, minotaurs, Earthgore amalgam, gargoyles etc. if your health is low, due to the way damage mitigation is calculated. I consider 28K the bare minimum for doing those as tank, with 30K+ being safe, and it's difficult to reach that in light armor because you lack the health multipliers and the sets that give health bonuses.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I suggested light armor brass in another forum post for dk because some guildies and I run a few sorc tanks that use rattlecage heavy. Prior to clockwork city when the wrath passive was a thing. We could tank and once the wrath stacks were up have 100% sorcery and brutality up from rattle and have 4500 spell damage. With crit surge running we were pulling very nice dps and full health bar while doing damage while tanking which got us many no death speed runs. Since that is gone..we have switched to light fortified with either alkosh, ebon, or beekeeper sword and board. Tri glypgh enchants and asylum resto back bar for the reduced cost. We then have high health, resist, and magicka for days to cast absorb magic or dampen for the huge shields. You loose out on healing recieved and constitution from heavy, but obsidian shiled gives major mending is more than enough to top yourself off. Since we have ligjt armor, we can ditch obsidian and slot a different earthen heart abikity for mending and minir brutality. Dk regen passives have been nerfed and fortified gives us all around good stats for magicka and helps with sustain. Both stam and magicka dks have to rely on magic for survival with the exception of vigor or a 2h backbar for rally. It also allows for a little bit of damage fir tanks that would like to contribute a little bit. Now the set is selfish meaning u loose some group utility on your main 5pc, but is very viable. You get 10% reduced spell cost, 20%mag recovery and increased spell resist which is the majority of the damage dealt in pve. We are vampires so magic is a non issue combined with undeath passive. With light champion back bar which is very cheap ult cost 100. Your group and yourself will be very hard to kill and high sustain from casting a cheap ult. With bloodspawn this ult will be up very very often. Since we have a high magicka pool we run max health max stam bi stat food to block those heavy hits. If in trouble we have access to very large shields and the asylum resto gives us further reduced cost to cast another shield or heal up with blessing of protection. Most dks die because they run out of magicka. In light this a non issue. This is not meta whatsoever and will change the game for tanking. Since we have resto back bar we will slot lights champion 100 ulti cost and you get increased crit damage to your teams dps along with major protection reducing incoming damage to 30%. A dk tank can keep this up almost 100% and is better than standard in my opinion. Then we will have force siphon to apply lifesteal to the enemy for 600 heal per second which is an effective 1200 health recovery for 20 seconds and since you cast it the healing has an extra 150% bonus healing taken to urself and heals your group. It will also give u magicka steal giving 400 magicka every second, which is an effective 800 mag regen for 20 seconds, then ward ally to give you and the lowest health ally a sheild that gets up too 300% stronger the lower your health is. The third sheild if u have slotted obsidian and dampen is prolly overkill but we are a tank and dying is not an option when you have to rez your whole team fighting earthgore when all 3 minions are up so yeah very strong. Front bar will be ur normal s&b skills so nothing special there. We loose a little bit of utility from the 5 pc but will take a lot of pressure off of yourself and your healer. The less time your healer is healing, the more time he has to drop a destro ulti and keep up concussed via lighting wall in if u have 2 stam dps. Eso is in a great place to break out of the box and try interesting builds. If you build aroundbthe set ur are utilizing a lot of different possibiites arise. Good Luck and bring on the light armor tank meta lol. With that said the hate mail will come!