Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory - unobtainable books

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm nearing a full completion of all the Eidetic Memory books, and I've been collecting the ones you made available in the last couple updates.

I've double checked the ones I'm missing again, and they are still not collectible after you've done the quests accociated with them.

It would be really great if you could make these books available as well, so people can finish off their book collections.

42rskgf2ebss.png

"Letter to Egranor" is supposed to be found at this location in Auridon, most likely associated with the quest on that location. However, after the quest is done, the note is no longer found anywhere.

9jeez9kckxnh.png

"Pierced Note" is supposed to be found in the Redoran house on this location in Balmora, which is associated with a quest. However, after the quest is done, the house is locked off and the note not available. Please either put the note somewhere outside the house, or simply unlock the house after the quest has been completed. There are already way too many locked off buildings in Balmora, why did you have to lock this door as well after the quest has finished?

kliy86rbjb9r.png

"Eyes of the Queen Only" is supposed to be found in Stormhold, Shadowfen. Most likely associated with the quest in that city. However, after the quest is done, the note is no longer available, and the dungeon under the city associated with the quest is locked off.

t3utypjwd5ac.png

"Experiment Journal" is supposed to be found in the Vile Manse public dungeon. Most likely associated with the quest in that dungeon. However, once again, after the quest, the journal vanishes. Please make it available somewhere in the dungeon after the quest as well.

x4yvyg6halg2.png

"King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene" is supposed to be found in Honor's Rest in Orsinium, associated with the "Ashes of our Fathers" quest, where you get drawn into the past. Once finished with the quest, you can no longer access the place in the past with the note. Please make the note available somewhere in Honor's Rest after the quest. You could call it a lingering remnant of the past or whatever.

These are the final few I need to be able to finish off the Eidetic Memory collection. It's been a long and ardous journey, but please help me be able to finish it off, that would be nice.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Chris

Edited by Carbonised on February 19, 2018 7:50AM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although i've not checked it very recently, I can agree with "Experiment Journal" being no longer available. I've got a few others outstanding too, but don't have an overlap with any other of yours. One thing i have noticed is they gradually become available, or the lorebooks addon has old/wrong locations so don't treat is as gospel. i'd say it's *only* about 99.99% accurate! I've also found that some of the books have multiple locations, like another copy in cyrodiil, an area i've not yet 'havested'...

Off the top of my head, the book in Ophius Chapel is also not available (from the skeleton polymorph quest) and two lised as 'dungeon' in the north of Auridon. I was planning to compile my list once i'd finished off Cyrodiil in case there are further copies there :)

also double check "Letter to Egranor" - i *think* i picked that one up last week

Edited by aeowulf on February 19, 2018 2:51PM
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they fixed "Pierced Note" with the Dragon Bones patch? I immediately tried to get it after the patch as it's the only Vvardenfell book left for me, but I guess it's still up there inaccessible now.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found "Eyes of the Queen Only" in the Fighter's Guild in Stormhold/Shadowfen.
    Enter the Fighter's Guild, take the first left at the bottom of the stairs, then head straight and it's on the table.
    LPALnXu.jpg
    Edited by N00BxV1 on February 20, 2018 4:10AM
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add snowmeads missive and orders to halskar both are supposed to be found in eastmarch and are unobtainable after their quests are completed.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found them.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letter to Egranor and Queen's Eyes were a success. I haven't tried pierced note yet, since it requires quite a lot of pre-work and another player. I still think ZOS should fix this one fully, so you can get it alone even after the quest is done.

Experiment journal and King Joile's orders are still unobtainable.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonized @aeowulf @cmetzger93

There is an ongoing discsussion pertaining to missing and/or inacessible lorebooks, in which you might be interested:

Eidetic Memory Bugs & Comments

Please post your report(s) on that thread, and players who are experienced and knowledgeable with these issues might be able to help you resolve some of them.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Found them.
    Are you bragging, complaining, or trolling? :neutral:

Edited by Shadowshire on April 9, 2018 12:04AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonized @aeowulf @cmetzger93

There is an ongoing discsussion pertaining to missing and/or inacessible lorebooks, in which you might be interested:

Eidetic Memory Bugs & Comments

Please post your report(s) on that thread, and players who are experienced and knowledgeable with these issues might be able to help you resolve some of them.

I'm aware of that thread, and I've actually posted there as well and used it in the past.
    Found them.

Eh, who knows with that guy, he does a lot of weird things here on the forums.

Edited by Carbonised on February 21, 2018 9:32AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, just to recap.

- Letter to egranor: found
    - Queens eyes only: found
    - Pierced note: found. BUT, ZOS should just let the house be open after the quest. There's no reason to lock it off. I'll say this is more of a workaround than actually fixed
    - King Joile's orders: STILL needs to be available. Not fixed
    - Experiment Journal, same, not available, STILL needs fixing
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    I would like to add snowmeads missive and orders to halskar both are supposed to be found in eastmarch and are unobtainable after their quests are completed.

I know which two these are without even looking them up - in a house on the left. Can't get back in even after 'distracting' the guards from their life
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found them.

Just saying I found some.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene is located post-quest at the foot of the statue depicting Gaiden Shinji and The Orc Whose Name I Totally Remember fighting in Honor's Rest - the chamber at the end past the entrance with the camp and the hallway.
    zFTDFZC.png

I read that one during the quest, but I didn't read Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk (the other one), and the post-quest location for that one is in The Greedy Gut in Orsinium. Down the stairs, on a counter by the fireplace where a guard patrols and where Obgurob the chef is. So if you can't find the first one at the statue, check in Orsinium. If it's not there, either, then sorry ) :
    Edited by rhapsodious on February 22, 2018 4:54PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene is located post-quest at the foot of the statue depicting Gaiden Shinji and The Orc Whose Name I Totally Remember fighting in Honor's Rest - the chamber at the end past the entrance with the camp and the hallway.
    zFTDFZC.png

I read that one during the quest, but I didn't read Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk (the other one), and the post-quest location for that one is in The Greedy Gut in Orsinium. Down the stairs, on a counter by the fireplace where a guard patrols and where Obgurob the chef is. So if you can't find the first one at the statue, check in Orsinium. If it's not there, either, then sorry ) :

Thanks, it actually did work. They must have added the book in one of the updates after I was in Honor's Rest the last time, a while ago.

That's great, that means that the ONLY book I can't find right now is the Experiment Journal from the Vile Manse. Unless someone has a magic solution for that one as well, I will mark it down as still not available, and hope ZOS makes it available in the future!
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experiment Journal appears AFTER doing the quest line. It is located on the first floor in a sort of lab area filled with enemies not too far from the group challenge area.

I had a character that did not get that book on her first run through. But on her second run for the mage's guild, it was sitting right there waiting to be read.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised where did you find pierced note? I’ve looked everywhere for it. I know they claimed to fix it last patch but I still can’t find it lol
  • Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    @cmetzger93 its still in the kinhouse in Balmora. it was "fixed" on pc. and that fix presumes u grouping with a friend or a random that still does the quest. when u do that u can enter the house once again and search it at the third floor. its on the wall just before the stairs start.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miro wrote: »
    @cmetzger93 its still in the kinhouse in Balmora. it was "fixed" on pc. and that fix presumes u grouping with a friend or a random that still does the quest. when u do that u can enter the house once again and search it at the third floor. its on the wall just before the stairs start.

Thank you for the response that seems like a weird way to fix it since it’s still not accessible outside of the quest area
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I found the Experiment Journal on the place it was supposed to be. I had been looking there several times already, but I must not have been looking hard enough. The activator can be a bit hard to find though, doesn't work from all angles.

so to recap, all the books have now been found. All can be found, but you need to be in a group with a quester to get inside and grab the pierced note. Silly, they should just let the door be unlocked afterwards ..

That means I finally(!) have every single book in the Eidetic Memory section. The only 2 I'm missing are books from the IC bookshelves, but those can be farmed and eventually found.

Pity there's not even an achievement for this.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    Although i've not checked it very recently, I can agree with "Experiment Journal" being no longer available.

@Carbonised @aeowulf

I think the journal moves upstairs to the Manse itself. I just took an AD character who lived in that public dungeon back in the day into that place and found a book upstairs. It was not easy to find either. I did not pay attention to the title, I just read it and moved on.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Although i've not checked it very recently, I can agree with "Experiment Journal" being no longer available.

@Carbonised @aeowulf

I think the journal moves upstairs to the Manse itself. I just took an AD character who lived in that public dungeon back in the day into that place and found a book upstairs. It was not easy to find either. I did not pay attention to the title, I just read it and moved on.

Nope, at least that's not where I found it. I found it in the basement where the Lorebooks addon says it should be. Look at the screenshot in my original post. But the activator is kind of hard to find, which is why I must have missed it the first times I was there.
  • Mood
    Mood
    ✭✭
    Bump, the Pierced note is still not accessible!
  • Mood
    Mood
    ✭✭
    Mood wrote: »

Because the Redoran Kinhouse is locked that is.
  • vacantdoll
    vacantdoll
    ✭✭
    Hello, I am on my last few lorebooks and I need help finding them. I play on Xbox/NA any help would be greatly appreciated. I have completed every quest in the game so none of these are locked behind quests.

Note from Khezuli's contact - on uesp.net it says the page is located in the Mages Guild in Haven, but it is not there after the quest.

Letter of Understanding & To Captain Marck - on uesp.net it says they are both in the covenant lodge located in Pa'alat. I grouped up with someone who activated the quest and was able to enter the buildings, but the page was not in any of them. Are these pages/books moved after the quest?

Note to Sir Quatrius & The Grandeya is in custody - on uesp.net it says they are both located in At-Nimr Estate in Hallin's Stand.

These next books aren't listed on uesp.net that I need:

A Promised Made
    Note to Nurese
    Picnic Note
    On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 1
    On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 2
    Letters to Thalrinel

Assassin's Orders - on uesp.net says it's at the Rethan Manor, but did not see it.

If you're able to link a screenshot of your location on the map please screenshot your map. Thank you.
    Platform: XB1
    Server: NA
    GT: Usako
  • Cupco
    Cupco
    Soul Shriven
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Letter to Egranor and Queen's Eyes were a success. I haven't tried pierced note yet, since it requires quite a lot of pre-work and another player. I still think ZOS should fix this one fully, so you can get it alone even after the quest is done.

Where did you find "Letter to Egranor"?
  • dunngiven
    dunngiven
    Soul Shriven
    Knowing Satakal: Devoted and Deranged: IC Bookshelf (Book Stack room in Memorial) I went to the exact spot and no luck with finding this book. There were 3 stacks and 3 books the origins of conjuration, Sovangade: a reexamination & the night mother's truth. So back to Alikr Desert and it is still showing up there. Or was I just in the wrong spot?

4ojmikoj65sn.jpg
    x4rpo12ev9dz.jpg

• Amadeor
    Amadeor
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Carbonised @aeowulf

Nope, at least that's not where I found it. I found it in the basement where the Lorebooks addon says it should be. Look at the screenshot in my original post. But the activator is kind of hard to find, which is why I must have missed it the first times I was there.

Didn't find the note at those locations, and is currently on the quest that give me access to the house
    Beta tester of ESO and Elder Scrolls fan
  • Death_Courir
    Death_Courir
    ✭✭✭
    Cupco wrote: »

Where did you find "Letter to Egranor"?

Its in the northern ruins of Quenduluun, a small dungeon, on as desk straight down the stairs.wz8qolu2yxw1.png
    CP 1200+; Feierabend- und Wochendspieler mit realem Leben, Freunden und Verantwortungen; Lange dabei und trotzdem Noob!
  • longxboi
    longxboi
    Soul Shriven

Because the Redoran Kinhouse is locked that is.

Honorable writs of execution is not available for this same reason in Vvardenfell.