The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you fix that you have to be an immoral char to get the all quests achievement in Cyrodiil?

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
There's a quest in Cropsford where you have to kill a chef's goblin friend, and if you refuse to kill him, you can't ever get the Cropsford Adventurer achievement because there is no way to refuse and finish the quest. So if you're playing as a good character, you can't ever get that achievement, or the one in Stonefalls, because an NPC asks you near the fountain in Davon's Watch to steal someone's wine and you can't say to him, "No, I will not steal it for you," and that would mark the quest as completed.

If you can refuse to give a beggar gold and then you'll never be able to give them some later, why not be able to refuse a quest you don't want to do (especially when it's not morally right)?

It would be so simple to implement a fix, just add an additional (perhaps one of those red choice ones to make it clear) line where you can refuse such bad/immoral quests. Not to all of them, of course, but at least the ones that are plainly evil/bad, like killing that chef's friend, or stealing someone's wine (not sure which one it was).

I understand that with TG and DB out people probably don't care, but for those who do, it would be very nice if you could just add a way to finish those quests so we can get that quest adventurer achievement on good characters.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ESO is very mean to roleplayers :( just ask @Fallewarrior about all the problems he has faced!!!!!!!!
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm well you could always just pretend the goblin is a registered sex offender.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    or group with someone and have them kill them for you
    eisley the worst
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a completionist and roleplaying will never go together, you have to make a choice.

It's a sucky thing if you're both (like me) but games are very rarely developed in a way which allows for it especially the TES series.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Being a completionist and roleplaying will never go together, you have to make a choice.

It's a sucky thing if you're both (like me) but games are very rarely developed in a way which allows for it especially the TES series.

I wouldn't normally mind, but if they have an achievement for all quests then it sucks. It's okay if you decide to opt out of TG or DB in my opinion, but not completing a base region achievement because one of the quests wants you to do morally ambiguous or outright wrong? That's a bad design IMHO, because you are implied to be a good person otherwise, since in all the starter zones you help people. You can always RP that you do it for selfish/evil purposes, but from an unbiased point of view most of the quests lend themselves to a morally good character.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

I wouldn't normally mind, but if they have an achievement for all quests then it sucks. It's okay if you decide to opt out of TG or DB in my opinion, but not completing a base region achievement because one of the quests wants you to do morally ambiguous or outright wrong? That's a bad design IMHO, because you are implied to be a good person otherwise, since in all the starter zones you help people. You can always RP that you do it for selfish/evil purposes, but from an unbiased point of view most of the quests lend themselves to a morally good character.
    There are a number of zones which have immoral quests within base zones though and some require those completed to get the clear complete zone achievements.

I understand what you're saying and personally I would love if every quest had separate paths to follow to allow us to roleplay better alignments or personalities.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ozium
    Ozium
    ✭✭✭
    i like the idea of grouping with other and have them do it, we hire people all the time to do things we can't or don't want to do. really if it mean that much to you ... lol
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a quest in Cropsford where you have to kill a chef's goblin friend, and if you refuse to kill him, you can't ever get the Cropsford Adventurer achievement because there is no way to refuse and finish the quest. So if you're playing as a good character, you can't ever get that achievement, or the one in Stonefalls, because an NPC asks you near the fountain in Davon's Watch to steal someone's wine and you can't say to him, "No, I will not steal it for you," and that would mark the quest as completed.

If you can refuse to give a beggar gold and then you'll never be able to give them some later, why not be able to refuse a quest you don't want to do (especially when it's not morally right)?

It would be so simple to implement a fix, just add an additional (perhaps one of those red choice ones to make it clear) line where you can refuse such bad/immoral quests. Not to all of them, of course, but at least the ones that are plainly evil/bad, like killing that chef's friend, or stealing someone's wine (not sure which one it was).

I understand that with TG and DB out people probably don't care, but for those who do, it would be very nice if you could just add a way to finish those quests so we can get that quest adventurer achievement on good characters.

you're trying to get through the entire game without killing anything?

wow.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, that was a heart-breaking quest. Killing a poor innocent goblin who was someone's friend. Terrible design, IMO.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always roleplay a reason why it would be appropriate. Perhaps the story is that you're killing an orc chef, but if your character digs a little deeper, it appears that he's not an orc chef at all, but a daedra in disguise and he's looking to unleash a deadly poison pie on the citizens of Tamriel. Only you can stop him!

Basically, just make up a reason why it's ok to do something. You are roleplaying after all. Use some imagination.