Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Half of the times I can't log in and the other half the game kicks me out if I change the instance

quillquill
quillquill
Soul Shriven
The game has always worked well for me, but yesterday, just right after I renovated my eso plus subscription after the winter holidays, the game basically stopped working properly. Half of the times that I try to log in, it either gives me an unidentified error, the error 108 or the error 200. If I manage to get into the game and I am in an instance, I have no problems with latency or anything, but if I try to fast travel (or change instance in general) even once, it just kicks me out: "an error has occured". Just one moment ago I managed to log in: the last time I logged off I was in front of the harborage door (because the last time I tried to get through that door, the game kicked me out), and now it did it again. It's not the harborage itself but the location-changing thing. I really don't understand why it does this all of a sudden, and I really don't understand what the problem might be. My internet works just fine in general. May it be connected to the firewall? Also: yesterday, after noticing all these problems, I went into the "Windows defender firewall" and there were quite some ports for ESO. I did a "reset" of the initial firewall settings, hence these ports disappeared but it doesn't really look like anything changed at all. When I opened overwatch, eso and google chrome, something about the firewall "letting these applications run" popped up, and I let it do it but still, I keep getting kicked out.
Atavar, where are you?
  • quillquill
    quillquill
    Soul Shriven
    I also wanted to clarify that when the errors are "known" they are:
    Error 200 (7:4:178:597)
    Error 108 (7:5:315:0)
    P.S. Sometimes when I press play on the launcher and it opens the game, right under the password box, in the space where announcements are always written, there are no announcements and it states something like "there are no announcements to display". Sometimes instead they are all there.
    Atavar, where are you?
  • MarcoLQ
    MarcoLQ
    ✭✭
    it's a serious issue happening to all noobs as i heard lately. try to get better dps in trial and the problem will be solved!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @quillquill

The message "an error has occurred. please wait a few minutes and login again." is often the result of outdated add-ons. Please try removing add-ons and see if it resolves the login errors you are receiving.

PC:
    • Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    • Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    • Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    • Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    • Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • quillquill
    quillquill
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you Billie, I actually did nothing but wait for 24 hours and now it works just fine. Thank you though.
    Atavar, where are you?