The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I can't figure out which race and class to use

BretonAltmerNord
So for a while I have been trying to figure out which race and class I should use, but couldn't ever decide
Could someone answer these questions

What is the best class for stamina (most abilities that morph into stamina or most effective)
What is the best race for a stamina build (listing top 3 would be better)
Best class for magicka
best race for magicka

Thanks!
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all: PvE or PvP?
    Second: All classes are good with stam builds as they are with mag; you'll just have to tweak skills, rotations. Granted some are easier than others, but with enough dedication and practice you can do even the hardest content with "improper" races and classes.
    Best races for stam builds are: Redguard for sustain, Khajiit for bonus crit chance, Orsimer (Orc) for raw damage and tankiness. I think...
    Best races for magicka: Altmer for Sorcs, Wardens and DKs since Altmer have bonus damage to elemental spells, Dunmer as DKs since Dunmer have bonus fire damage and magDKs are a lot of fire damage, then Breton for reduced cost, very good with healing, or Argonians for more health and, if going healer, stronger natural heals. Bretons and Argonians, while they have extra magicka, do not have bonuses to magical damage types, unlike Altmer and Dunmer.

Hopefully this all helps. If you don't really care that much about being the top 1%, you can take any race, any class and any playstyle and for like 80-85% of all content, it'll be fine.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • BretonAltmerNord
    I do pve mostly but once I get to a higher level intend to do pvp as well

Are Nords good for stamina builds as well?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are pretty much the weakest race currently. All they have going for them is damage reduction, which isn't that good after calculations, cold resist, there are very few ice abilities in the game, and maximum stamina which, all in all, really is a lackluster set of racial bonuses. But again, for that 80-85% you can do whatever you want.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • BretonAltmerNord
    For a stamina nightblade would an orc be any good? Or a Khajiit?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As evident by your name. lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc