The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Little help with selecting Crafted armor set

DocDova
DocDova
✭✭✭
I am a late comer to ESO and I am still playing with my only character at CP 241. Mine is a Stamina DK (don't know if you can call him that, since I put equal points in both health and stamina).

I just leveled up my heavy armor+ one hand and shield to 50 (in weapons/Armor line), Now I am using dual wielding skill as I thought I was doing too little damage. Though I was tanking enough for my satisfaction, I am mostly a single player and only do PvE so far.

I researched at-least 6 traits on every piece of heavy armor and axe/dagger/mace (5 But 6th will be done soon), and I am a master crafter. I want a complete heavy armor, One hand and shield and dual wield.

Currently I am using Fortified Brass set Which is giving me 5000+ Physical+Spell resistance, I am not sure how much it would reduce my tanking ability If I take it off without a good substitute, On other hand I also wanna create Hunding's rage set as it gives about 300 weapon damage, SO I could be changing from an average tank to average DPS to average tank by simply switching the weapons. I was hoping experts can point me in right direction.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have enough resistances by wearing heavy armor plus CP as it is, @DocDova. Having Fortified Brass in heavy could potentially put you over the resistance cap (32k) ... meaning you’re losing out on other areas of your build.

For all-around solo play, Hunding’s is a really good option to boost your offense ... and since it is heavy, you still should be able to tank fine.

Note that when you start doing more difficult group content (and have more traits researched), you’ll want to think about a tanking set for group play.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks alot, I would go for Hunding soon.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look at Hunding's and Morkuldin's. Or Hundings and Night Mother's Gaze. Both seem to work for my dk and nb.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I checked some stats, With Brass fortress set equipped and one handed mace with defending trait (1328 physical+spell resistance) My physical and spell resistance are 30756 and 30492 respectively. All of my armor pieces and shield has training trait (as I missed New Life festival quest line, didn't know It was timed).

I have 33 in health and 31 in stamina.

As far as CP are concerned most of those choices were spur of moment as well,

Thief: Mooncalf 38, Healthy 40, Tenacity 2
    Warrior: Expert defender 25, Heavy armor focus 43, Quick recovery 13
    Mage: Physical weapon expert 71, Master at arms-9.

What have I done wrong, What could be best course of action to correct it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding`s Range, Nightmother`s gaze, later farm in trials for Twice-fanged serpent or War Machine. maybe also Mechanical Acuity (crafted)
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »
    I am a late comer to ESO and I am still playing with my only character at CP 241. Mine is a Stamina DK (don't know if you can call him that, since I put equal points in both health and stamina).

I just leveled up my heavy armor+ one hand and shield to 50 (in weapons/Armor line), Now I am using dual wielding skill as I thought I was doing too little damage. Though I was tanking enough for my satisfaction, I am mostly a single player and only do PvE so far.

I researched at-least 6 traits on every piece of heavy armor and axe/dagger/mace (5 But 6th will be done soon), and I am a master crafter. I want a complete heavy armor, One hand and shield and dual wield.

Currently I am using Fortified Brass set Which is giving me 5000+ Physical+Spell resistance, I am not sure how much it would reduce my tanking ability If I take it off without a good substitute, On other hand I also wanna create Hunding's rage set as it gives about 300 weapon damage, SO I could be changing from an average tank to average DPS to average tank by simply switching the weapons. I was hoping experts can point me in right direction.

Ok I see what you want to do, so here is my pov, note that this is based on my experience with a character who is specified for something like that.

First, if you want to have a toon for tanking and dps, dont go the route you are going. I recommend respec to all stamina points, you can get easily a set of Ebon (bis), plague doctor to make up for the health, and make sure to change trait or get it all sturdy, use it in body so you get use to change to other sets depending on what you want to do.

The other set should be 3 jewelry, and both bars 1h+s, other recommended set for tanking are:

Alkosh
    Footman
    Plague dr (if you are using ebon which again is Bis)
    Bahraha's curse (is good not op)
    Leeching plate (a bit hard to farm though shield is quest reward)
    and one of my new favourites Livewire

This way you can tank basically anything except vet trials (tanking in trials is very restrictive)

As for DPS, I don´t recommend going the route of having the same armor for both things, I know I know I was the same when I started I weared the same outfit for all but the sooner you understand this the better, so in this case you want to change to medium armor (stam DK is one if not the best stam classes for dps).

This is the reason I tell you to get all attributes in stamina, this is where you need them, all your damage skills are based on weapon damage, and resource pool (in this case again stamina), and there are some modifiers like class, passives etc.

If you feel that you are to low on health, you can enchant all your ebon/plague dr pieces body to tristat, that way you get also more magicka which is way to important in a tank to have self heals, spam range taunt etc.

Also for tanking I would go for 3 magicka recovery enchants, so you can have magicka sustain, You can go for 1 reduction of block cost, but that's up to you.

as for DPS i recommend going 5 pieces medium minimum, dont go below that number you lose to much and gain is none.

enchant in dps jewelry whatever you choose should always be weapon damage as sustain in stamina is mostly based on heavy attacks

So what you want to do, is possible, probaly won't take you to end game but is doable Just remember:

You need a lot of skill points to do it
    Is not cheap to do it

Hope that helps
    Edited by Hixtory on February 19, 2018 8:38PM