The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemist Writ - auto-completing glitch?

DragonRacer
DragonRacer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I seem to have encountered a glitch that is preventing me from completing any more alchemist writs for fear of a ban or something.

I grabbed all my daily writs yesterday and completed them. Went to the alchemy station to craft that one and saw it was already at "deliver goods" status. I thought that was odd, but also figured maybe I still had the potion in my inventory from completing it the last time (since I put the skill points in to make more than one potion at a time). Turned in my writs and got my rewards.

Now skip to today. Picked up my daily writs. Checked the alchemist one... sure enough, it had already fast-forwarded to "deliver goods" whereas all my other writs needed me to craft stuff first, like normal. Checked my inventory and I did NOT have an already-crafted version of the potion it called for. This thing is just flat-out bugged to apparently auto-complete when I pick it up. Now I'm paranoid to turn it in for fear it's cheating the system and could get me banned. But it also now means I can never complete another alchemy writ on this character ever again.

I have filed an in-game report... had to put it as "missing items" because there is no good drop-down selection for the issue I'm having with this quest.

Anyone else encountered this? Any other suggestions?

I'm PS4 NA server, so we don't have Dragon Bones yet.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its probably the Damage health poison. Even when you have a multiple effect poison it counts towards the writ quest.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep stashes of potions in my inventory to just hand in and i always get the "hand in writ". I hope it isn't a bug since i haven't checked if those stashes ran out!!!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Its probably the Damage health poison. Even when you have a multiple effect poison it counts towards the writ quest.

Ohhhh, that might be it then!

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Ohhhh, that might be it then!
    Both provisioning and alchemy has passives who let you get 2-4 items for each time you craft
    You can also make batches as its 8 or something variations
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.