The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

shield and one hand ultimate rework

Ep1kMalware
Ep1kMalware
✭✭✭✭✭
I think this ultimate could be adjusted to suit the needs of a great amount of players without significantly altering much to the game. The change I propose is that the 2nd morph does an aoe pulse that applies a tuant to all nearby adds. For the animation, I'm picturing the character shield bashing the magical shield infront of him and causing this resonating pulse. Something like the liquid lightning synergy does.

Now, there are multiple benefits to this. So I'll list off my reasoning for these changes here: the snb ulti sees limited use in pve. This morph would promote build diversity amd strategy. It would also weaken some of the perma block tanks in pvp since they won't be allowed to ise discounted damage abilities along with the rapid resource/free blocking regen the current morph gives. Many people have been requesting an aoe taunt, and this would provide a means for ANY class to have this ability while not having to abandon gear that gives them similar pkayability to other classes, or strategic setups, or setups that allow build diversity. In this way, we can incorporate this long sought after skill without needing to murder build diversity with a 5 peace with awkward triggering, or need to incorporate a specific new weapon/skill line to achieve these benefits.

Additionally, it is a buff to pve as well. Because you also need to be setup as a tank to use it, minimizing the potential for newer players to accidentally use this skill without meaning to taunt. Being locked behind an ultimate makes it so that you would need to time it effectively, which bonds to my next point. It is a buff to pve because you save resources that are valuable to tanking as you don't need to apply so many taunts. This skill could also be used by more experienced players as a means to ease the artificial damage difficulty of dungeons by protecting them from damage that they don't have the means to mitigate.

I think this would be a really good boon to the pve side of things while maintaining your attempts and quelling permablock builds in pvp.

Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 18, 2018 11:47AM
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO doesn't need an AOE taunt though. The tank just needs to keep agro on boss and any big monsters. More skill is needed this way as well. If an AOE taunt is introduced it would make tanking so boring, also it would be a pointless ultimate as well. Save up what 125 utilmate for an AOE taunt? Pfft.

I don't see any strategy if you could AOE taunt and just get everything on you. The current two morphs give the reflect which is useful for PvP and PvE though not much so for PvE as again you would have to save up ultimate for it so you probably have better skills to use at that time in crisis. The other morph gives free cost to any SnB skill which is pretty sweet as well for both PvE and PvP.

The ultimate isn't the best but I don't think it needs to be changed. The game needs more important changes before that one gets looked at I reckon.

New players just need it unlocked and to have a SnB equipped. I've seen "DPS" players use a SnB AND ransack/Pierce armour, I don't think having this AOE taunt be locked behind an ultimate will help new players read the skill description before equipping it.

It doesn't really save resources if the taunt is AOE, you get EVERYONES attention for X period of time. Meaning everything will be on you, causing the healer to have to pump out more heals, the tank to use more resources on blocking and skills all so that the DPS can burn down some small mobs with AOE damage while hurting the boss at the same time which wouldn't have been that much of a different situation to the current situation.

If you are wasting resources because of taunting you have bigger issues than not having an AOE taunt.

It would be cool if the ultimate would help out the whole group. Maybe give some sort go shield, or buff for stamina recovery or stamina cost reduction. Stamina because the skill line is stamina based.

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    ESO doesn't need an AOE taunt though. The tank just needs to keep agro on boss and any big monsters. More skill is needed this way as well. If an AOE taunt is introduced it would make tanking so boring, also it would be a pointless ultimate as well. Save up what 125 utilmate for an AOE taunt? Pfft.

I don't see any strategy if you could AOE taunt and just get everything on you. The current two morphs give the reflect which is useful for PvP and PvE though not much so for PvE as again you would have to save up ultimate for it so you probably have better skills to use at that time in crisis. The other morph gives free cost to any SnB skill which is pretty sweet as well for both PvE and PvP.

The ultimate isn't the best but I don't think it needs to be changed. The game needs more important changes before that one gets looked at I reckon.

New players just need it unlocked and to have a SnB equipped. I've seen "DPS" players use a SnB AND ransack/Pierce armour, I don't think having this AOE taunt be locked behind an ultimate will help new players read the skill description before equipping it.

It doesn't really save resources if the taunt is AOE, you get EVERYONES attention for X period of time. Meaning everything will be on you, causing the healer to have to pump out more heals, the tank to use more resources on blocking and skills all so that the DPS can burn down some small mobs with AOE damage while hurting the boss at the same time which wouldn't have been that much of a different situation to the current situation.

If you are wasting resources because of taunting you have bigger issues than not having an AOE taunt.

It would be cool if the ultimate would help out the whole group. Maybe give some sort go shield, or buff for stamina recovery or stamina cost reduction. Stamina because the skill line is stamina based.

Idk. For me it's tedious to run around and puncture all the primary targets. Wastes stam, or I can use innerfire amd waste magica. It'd be clean just to pull them all over to me, use talons, drop lightning wall and nx breath. Then keep up talons/lightning heavy.

Maybe you're not seeing it, but add positioning plays a big factor. As for heals? I wouldn't need any, but an alkosh proc would be timely at that point in my life.

(This would also be a buff because I'd be able to use minimal resources while position, lock down, and debuff the trash)
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 18, 2018 12:31PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What non-DK tank in PVP would actually choose the morph that doesn’t reflect stuff, though? Also, the game doesn’t need an aoe taunt.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    What non-DK tank in PVP would actually choose the morph that doesn’t reflect stuff, though? Also, the game doesn’t need an aoe taunt.

You're right the game doesn't need it. But people keep asking for it. And given this way all I have to do is slot warhorn on my destro bar it could be neat for weaker groups.