The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blade of Woe

Gnortranermara
Gnortranermara
✭✭✭✭✭
In light of the current Blade of Woe synergy bug, I'd like to bring attention back to a long-time Blade of Woe problem and propose a simple fix for the development team.

PROBLEM: The Blade of Woe and vampire feeding are bound to the same key, and which action occurs depends on the distance to the target. Also (on console at least, not sure about PC), synergies are triggered by pressing two buttons simultaneously and sometimes an ability fires instead of the desired synergy. This causes numerous obvious problems during Dark Brotherhood assassination missions.

SOLUTION: When in the crouched position, disable emotes. While crouched, replace the emote wheel with a crouch-action wheel, allowing the player to toggle between pickpocket, feed, and BoW. Bind the chosen action to A. When crouched, pressing A will perform the currently-selected crouch action.

This is a quick and easy fix to an annoying problem, a simple QoL improvement that will take little effort to implement and greatly improve the experience for vampire assassins.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC we have a single key to trigger synergy.

I had the same problem on my thief vampire, finally I figured out the correct distances for both abilities and now make mistakes only 1 for maybe 20 attempts, usually when in hurry :). No mistakes if I make a slow approach to the target and kill it while it doesn't move. The problem is only when it moves and I follow.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."