The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest Names of the Fallen very broken

Mystrius_Archaion
Mystrius_Archaion
✭✭✭✭✭
This quest has 2 major bugs that happen at the very start of it, which behave like ancient quest behavior that was fixed for almost every other quest. This is a side quest in The Rift related to the very last story quest for Ebonheart Pact in Trolhetta to defeat Sinmur.

1) You pick up the item called "Pact Amulet" from the dead npc to start the quest and it does not go into quest items or automatically offer the quest. You have to find it in your inventory under supplies. This is also true of the diaries of the 2 npcs in Rivenspire you kill and have to deliver news of their deaths to another NPC.
That's just bad quest item design still sitting here unfixed after years.

2) Even worse, using the Pact Amulet to start the quest Names of the Fallen will unequip your primary weapon without any notice. This is unacceptable.
I noticed this when I tried to fight the very first enemy right after this. I don't know how that is even possible in the code for this to be coded such that it is equipped in the primary weapon slot to force the primary weapon out and yet not equipped when it is a "supplies" item and am amulet which wouldn't go in that slot anyway.

It's about time this item gets a quick and easy fix to match all other quests, along with those Rivenspire diary quest starter items.