Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Client Fatal Error (Error 3)

Kilara
Kilara
✭✭
Ok, so I also posted previously in another thread...

PC/EU here... and I DONT HAVE STEAM, and all i get the whole time is Fatal Error 3, please submit report.

I deleted the launcher and downloaded it again (as directed by @ZOS_BillE in another thread), but I still have the same problem. As soon as I enter my password and press "log in", the screen goes black and the game crashes.

Seriously, I'm a big fan, love the game, here since beta, bla di bla, but this is just really f.... p... me off.

Ideas?
Edited by Kilara on February 17, 2018 9:01AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kilara

Have you also tried running another repair as described here?

If you are still getting Fatal Error 3 after trying a repair, the next thing we recommend is starting a support ticket. If you have any trouble doing so, please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kilara
    Kilara
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I first tried running repair and deleting the launcher and installing a new one - the problem persisted.

Now, when I try running repair I get stuck at 82% (tried 3x now), so I can't even get repair to finish. Login problem still here (Fatal Error 3).

I've opened a ticket...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kilara

We've just sent you a message with an update on the support ticket you've started.
    Staff Post
  • Kilara
    Kilara
    ✭✭
    Ok, just to give an update here... @ZOS_BillE

I have been in communication with the technical customer service team for OVER A WEEK NOW and jumped through all manners of hoops that they have asked of me...

clean boots, uninstalls, new drivers, new installs, etc etc etc...

and i still haven't received a solution to my problem: Fatal Error 3

repair gets stuck at 82% and doesn't progress... login fails and I get above error message.

anyone, please help. this is so ridiculous, all i've received are canned messages with standard support/error solving measures, but i still can't log on and am seriously mad at the moment :s
  • Kilara
    Kilara
    ✭✭
    So here's an update, plus asking for help...
    also, @ZOS_BillE

I started this thread 3 weeks ago yesterday, and my problem is STILL not resolved.

My ticket has been ongoing for the past 2,5 weeks, and now I got the really helpful message that they have exhausted all resources and don't know how to proceed. Ticket closed.

So for the (feels like) 100th time, deinstalled, tried a new install (which previously always worked), and now my game install/update is stuck at approx. 75%....

i've been playing since launch, vip member, spent alot of money on this game. But this is seriously disheartening, and feels like i'm running out of options...

ideas?

Edit:
    I tried to submit a new ticket that I'm having problems with the download (update stuck), and I can't do that because it required me to upload a game consultant file - which I can't do because I can't generate a game consultant file because I haven't even got the game installed on my computer?!?!?!? what gives? who thought of this ridiculous thing?!?!
    Edited by Kilara on March 11, 2018 8:27PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kilara

We've sent you another message to further follow-up about this.
    Staff Post