The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Apparently, doing quests in normal dungeons is a kick-able offense now.

SinNoAria
SinNoAria
✭✭
So was doing a quest, got kicked because the party ran ahead and I ended up soloing the boss I needed instead of following them. I had stated that I had the quest at the start of the run.

They basically told me to buzz off and kicked me.
Edited by SinNoAria on February 17, 2018 6:23AM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had the same bad experience a couple of months ago, since then I did the ones needed for the questline alone as these as mostly public dungeons anyway, at least the ones I've encountered so far (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Other then that, being in a guild helps here of course :)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need a checker, when you queue to clsssify - I'm a first timer and want to do the question or I'm here for the XP and want this done ASAP or I'm here for the pledge need all the bosses.

Would help. Sadly people are....people
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    They need a checker, when you queue to clsssify - I'm a first timer and want to do the question or I'm here for the XP and want this done ASAP or I'm here for the pledge need all the bosses.

Would help. Sadly people are....people

Yeah, like options:

- Willing to help with quest
    - Doing pledge (no mid-pledge dungeon queue)
    - Want all Damage

If you select the first, you can be queued with others that need the quest. If you select the second, you don't get thrown mid-dungeon for pledge dungeons. If you select the third, you get thrown into a different queue where everyone is dps.

As it is, you get a lot of players who will skip everything that they can, completely ignoring the needs of the party. And these days, they double queue so you can't kick them (Makes you wonder if maybe they realize that they are doing something underhanded). They also rarely speak so it is near impossible to report them (not that there is any option to report them under) unless they feel especially mean and decide to harass you on top of everything.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 17, 2018 8:28AM
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, got kicked once, first dungeon i did, Fungal grotto 1. Told them i was new. They asked if i had watched youtube and learned mechanics. Said no and they kicked me for being a noob and they wouldnt carry me. Havent touched dungeons again.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, got kicked once, first dungeon i did, Fungal grotto 1. Told them i was new. They asked if i had watched youtube and learned mechanics. Said no and they kicked me for being a noob and they wouldnt carry me. Havent touched dungeons again.

Well, you probably entered vet ... try normal first. Never had any trouble or complains in normal, even with my level 12 baby kitten without barswap and green "whatever - lies -around"-armor.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear that. My first dungeon, I saw someone in my trading guild ask for some help with a dungeon so I jumped in and said id help. We fight the first boss in BC and the group leader is typing saying "I knew I should have picked up a real DPS" and over all saying I'm a bad player. I left group and didn't go back into a dungeon for easily over a year. Oh well, guy is a tool and he can take is BS and shove it "where the bright moons don't shine" ;) .
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

Well, you probably entered vet ... try normal first. Never had any trouble or complains in normal, even with my level 12 baby kitten without barswap and green "whatever - lies -around"-armor.

I was 11 at the time, can i enter vet dungeons at that level?
    Edited by Charliff1966 on February 17, 2018 9:48AM
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭

I hear that. My first dungeon, I saw someone in my trading guild ask for some help with a dungeon so I jumped in and said id help. We fight the first boss in BC and the group leader is typing saying "I knew I should have picked up a real DPS" and over all saying I'm a bad player. I left group and didn't go back into a dungeon for easily over a year. Oh well, guy is a tool and he can take is BS and shove it "where the bright moons don't shine" ;) .

Hehe, yeah the game is a blast and i wont let a bunch of idiots spoil that. Now to find a ps4 eu guild that isnt full with cp400+ people
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

I was 11 at the time, can i enter vet dungeons at that level?

If they want you to watch mechanics, I would think its vet you entered. Lately you can't enter all dungeons at once anymore (I have no idea since when) and asking someone to watch spindle mechanics for a normal run just seems too hilarious. If so just be glad to be kicked, or else you might have gotten traumatized by really bad play. :D

Nevertheless, check your group settings and stick to normal, appart from some really weird playstiles (just my personal opinion which I usually keep to myself) you shouldn't encounter much trouble there. Good luck.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran the vet vaults of madness pledge on my tank last night. The "healer" (I don't even tho k he had a resto staff equipped, tbh) kept running ahead of the group and pulling things and being generally annoying. I told him in chat that tanks tend to prefer being the first one in/pulling because it makes aggro gain easier. He ignored me.

Then at that boss that instantly melts someone in the party if you don't stop dealing damage for a few seconds , I ended up getting melted because this *** didn't know the mechanics. I said again that he needed to slow down and let me pull instead of rushing ahead. He responded with "its just a vet dungeon, you died cuz you're a trash tank".

So he rushes ahead again while I'm reviving and starts fighting the snake daedra chick. Blue flames show up on the bridge so he's cut off from the group and he gets owned by the boss. Me and the other 3 guys manage to get across the flames and killed the boss without his help at all, didn't revive him, and then kicked him from the group for being a moron.

We got a replacement and the rest of the run went smooth (except last boss who I practically had to solo because the other guys kept getting killed by the bubble/no bubble mechanic).

Moral of the story: don't speed run dungeons unless every one in your group is onboard with it.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I ran the vet vaults of madness pledge on my tank last night. The "healer" (I don't even tho k he had a resto staff equipped, tbh) kept running ahead of the group and pulling things and being generally annoying. I told him in chat that tanks tend to prefer being the first one in/pulling because it makes aggro gain easier. He ignored me.

Then at that boss that instantly melts someone in the party if you don't stop dealing damage for a few seconds , I ended up getting melted because this *** didn't know the mechanics. I said again that he needed to slow down and let me pull instead of rushing ahead. He responded with "its just a vet dungeon, you died cuz you're a trash tank".

So he rushes ahead again while I'm reviving and starts fighting the snake daedra chick. Blue flames show up on the bridge so he's cut off from the group and he gets owned by the boss. Me and the other 3 guys manage to get across the flames and killed the boss without his help at all, didn't revive him, and then kicked him from the group for being a moron.

We got a replacement and the rest of the run went smooth (except last boss who I practically had to solo because the other guys kept getting killed by the bubble/no bubble mechanic).

Moral of the story: don't speed run dungeons unless every one in your group is onboard with it.

Problem is as I said earlier, they started duo queuing. two dps as healer+tank, ignoring party. Can't kick because one will deny. Can't report because at most one will talk, if any and there is no report for ignoring party needs nor queue evasion so unless they harass you out of spite, you have no case.

This was nVoM that I was doing. I could solo it, but it is still upsetting.

Hehe, yeah the game is a blast and i wont let a bunch of idiots spoil that. Now to find a ps4 eu guild that isnt full with cp400+ people

Honestly, I find console players better on an overall for online games. Sure, the majority might be less skilled, but you have the few that care enough to gain skill (As I have shown some people in cross-system games or stats, controllers aren't necessarily worse (if the game allows for '400%' sensitivity), they are different and the main issue is people tend to not consider that in). (In ffxiv, my ps4 friends were both consistently more friendly and did better than my pc friends in dungeons/trials. And I had quite a few pc master race types.) I am guessing that because consoles favor tv gaming so the entire family sees the playing (for some) vs pc where you don't often have someone watching, consoles favors more friendliness.

Sadly, I see it often. Normal dungeon, "oh, sub cp 160? kick him, dps too low." It is a normal dungeon! That tank left us and we had to wait for a new tank (I switch to semi-tank to clear a bit while we waited). Same tank, same dungeon, next day, we had a full team of cp 690+ (minus me). At the end of the dungeon, I was like, "BTW, that low level player yesterday did over six times the DPS of both our CP 690s combined, maybe you should stop judging based on CP."

I think that tank got mad at me, but it was true.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 17, 2018 4:42PM
  • SynodicOracle
    SynodicOracle
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it happen, but I'm always willing to hang back for someone to do a quest, if the others get annoyed I will never vote to kick them. Everyone had to do quests once, we all started as noobs and that's okay.

People definitely shouldn't be put off dungeons for having one bad group though, that's silly and there are many good groups out there. If someone says they need a quest I will automatically work at their pace and will not leave the group until they have turned in the quest, it's courtesy, and to not do it is a giant ***-move.

With regards to the DPS being under CP160, that is *never* an issue on normal dungeons (though White Gold Tower and other DLC dungeons might make me hesitate). If it's vet I totally understand, but it's easy on normal for most and if a high level is complaining maybe they're the problem.
    @SynodicOracle
    "I'm a God, how can you kill a God? What a grand and intoxicating innocence"

I'm a PvE Healer but mostly play solo questing these days. Lore enthusiast and long-term Elder Scrolls Fan, dating back to Morrowind, but my favourite is Oblivion.

GUILD: The Thalmor Embassy PC EU
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be banned from the game..I RARELY get to finish quests in dungeons.

Ban them for abusing the kick system.

Also should be an algorythm..if x player gets x ahead of rest of group..auto kick and banned from game
    Edited by monktoasty on February 17, 2018 5:53PM
  • SynodicOracle
    SynodicOracle
    ✭✭✭
    @monktoasty No need to be so excessive as to ban them xD

The kick system is hard to abuse as it is a vote that all people must agree too.

Banning people for going ahead is absurd, I go ahead sometimes because I can solo dungeons and I can clear the way for people behind me to the next boss.

Banning them is wayyy overdoing it. It's just something we have to accept until they hopefully make a system where you can queue and check an option saying "Doing quest" so the right people get paired together.

I help people on quests but I certainly wouldn't want people banned simply for being a bit of a ****
    @SynodicOracle
    "I'm a God, how can you kill a God? What a grand and intoxicating innocence"

I'm a PvE Healer but mostly play solo questing these days. Lore enthusiast and long-term Elder Scrolls Fan, dating back to Morrowind, but my favourite is Oblivion.

GUILD: The Thalmor Embassy PC EU
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People just need to be careful judging others by there toons lvl. That lvl 10 might be years ahead of you in skill and or gear.

I like to build OP lvl 10's. My lvl 10 build for a magdk has just over 5k spell damage, 41k max mag and 2.4 mag regen. I like to duel on him. They see a lvl ten and think they are just going to stand there and block lol. Then they res at the shrine.

***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody is sayimg people need to stop it but they wont..so zos needs to take action.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks and i feel sorry for those unfairly kicked but just try to shake it off, its not important and not about you.

You dont need to find a guild with only low level players and you dont have to avoid dungeons until you can sneeze everything to death just because you ran into a couple of misfits.

There are alot of friendly and helpfull people in this game.
    Have fun :smile:
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    I got kicked earlier for pulling 1 pack of trashmobs (in CoA1vet) that would have just melted from my aoe anyway (720petsorc). They were even right next to the boss. People are just weenies
  • dutchthunder
    dutchthunder
    Soul Shriven
    Funny story: yesterday I got kicked with my lvl 27 account on a random dungeon just before the last boss of City of Ash I, because apperently I waited to long to read the dialog of the quest.. Kinda sad tho especially if they first shouted I should not run ingame..

This makes me kinda lose hope on my fellow gamers. I can't understand how you can be that grumpy with your 720 cp account..
    ~Roman Legion Citizen~
    DutchThunder ~ Imperial Pve Tank
    LilTimezz ~ Wood Elf Pve DD
    Templar Molay ~ Redguard Pvp DD
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    It's an MMO and sadly you will get grouped with ***holes from time to time. Whenever I join a group I always ask if anyone has the "skill point quest" or if they need all bosses killed for the Undaunted Exp and I'm always willing to help them out. Many a time I've had to solo a boss for that purpose of helping the 1 group member out who needed it whilst the other two ran ahead. It's annoying but you just have to get on with it.

PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more