The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Achievements granted but not counting for meta achievements.

rhapsodious
rhapsodious
✭✭✭✭✭
tl;dr I'm locked out of ever being able to earn two achievements on my main that I collect achievements on

Ticket #180215-004196 for reference, PC/NA. I was told to report this on the forums, so well, here you go.

My game has a bad habit of booting me to login during boss fights. It did this while my friends and I were fighting Zaan in Scalecaller Peak (it was my first time in there). I came back just as she died, and I was granted the achievements for veteran completion and the speedrun among a bunch of others.

Achievements:
wLMCIch.png

However, probably as a side effect of crashing, the achievement progress didn't update for Dragon Bones Delver and Scalecaller Peak Challenger.

Dragon Bones Delver showing Scalecaller Peak unchecked:
MfNKZdR.png

We went back into the dungeon, hoping that "earning" it a second time would fix my issue. We even got the no death this time!

And they still didn't update, probably because the call to update the meta achievements is made when the achievement is earned, not that the meta achievement polls the smaller achievements to update its progress. Which makes sense, but now leaves me in a bizarre spot where I effectively can't earn Dragon Bones Delver or Scalecaller Peak Challenger.

Updated with no death, still missing vet/speedrun:
zvc7djV.png

I sent in a ticket asking for someone to essentially manually update the database with the progress or re-run the achievement check and I was first told that they don't give or restore Achievements (probably due to how I worded it), and upon clarification, told that no, they literally cannot update achievement data, which I understand and accept. So here I am.

The part of the game I enjoy most is achievement hunting so I'm hoping that some kind of intervention can be performed, if it is possible.

e: some clarifications, + I've ran it a third time and it's still not popping, so I'm pretty sure this can't be fixed without manual intervention or a change to the way that underlying Achievement code works. Figure I'll include that for posterity. Also the CS agents, especially the one who replied to me candidly instead of using the reply template, have been nice and I understand that they are unable to fix this.
Edited by rhapsodious on April 17, 2019 2:22AM
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they fix it for you soon! Zos pls!
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax, help this man!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rhapsodious did they ever help you out? I’m having same problem, only with different achievement. They are saying the same thing to me
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stelegrega Nope. I've been passively going for Mountain God which I know won't unlock it but would help my case :( What achievement is messed up for you? I know Loth'Na Caverns in Craglorn and the Vaults of Madness have a similar issue, but hypothetically you can keep killing the bosses until it decides to count, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

I've since earned the hard mode achievement (so now I would qualify for Scalecaller Peak Challenger as well as Dragon Bones Delver), but I don't think without a database admin going in and manually re-running the query that it'll ever be fixed, as much as I'd like to hope/beg/plead that someone sees this and can do that.

But given that the bugged motif achievements were fixed during a maintenance via a batch query, it's got to be possible on at least a developer's end. So that gives me the tiniest shred of hope that someone will see that and take pity on my poor, unachieved soul? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Granted I'm doing a lot of (I like to think educated) guessing about how it works...

Edited by rhapsodious on July 13, 2018 2:30PM
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not getting emperor achievement. I got crowned while offline (.because cyrodiil crashing all the time), so my Xbox never registered I completed it. Zenimax is saying that it’s microsoft problem, Microsoft is saying that it’s zenimax problem. And I’m the one with a problem not fixed while both companies sit and count money I spent on this game lol. Not fun