The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change to Ayleid Well Buff

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
0ybwv2zei1u4.jpg
rw999t92gl6f.png

General
Increased the length of time Ayleid well buffs last in Cyrodiil to 30 minutes from 10 minutes.

It seems this buff was changed so that when you die, the buff now disappears. Previously I seem to recall it would last the full ten minutes, even if you died a few times.

Is that correct?
Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 17, 2018 1:47AM
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    yes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I believe Gina noted somewhere it was missed in the patch notes but it's intended that it's lost when you die now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Yes, I believe Gina noted somewhere it was missed in the patch notes but it's intended that it's lost when you die now.

If so, it seems a bit pointless to increase the duration. If you go 30 minutes without dying it means you are on a dead campaign or gathering skyshards.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If so, it seems a bit pointless to increase the duration. If you go 30 minutes without dying it means you are on a dead campaign or gathering skyshards.

I guess its an extra reward for not dying? In the past, ten minutes was a short enough time frame that you might not die. 30 minutes is long enough that you should die sometime in that time frame (if you are actually fighting) but if you don't die in the fighting, well, I guess you deserve the full buff. It would be a really long time to have that buff if you could die and keep it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the buff is meant to make it harder to kill you. If you died with the buff, I don't think keeping it is going to make much of a difference the second time around.