The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add-On must have list?

MAEK
MAEK
✭✭✭✭
I have played this game since console release, but with the current steam sale I decided to buy it for PC, mainly to have access to the PTS (although I'll play a bit on the live servers too). One bonus that comes with playing on PC is add-ons, but where to start? I would greatly appriciate a list of helpful add-ons that can enhance my experience, links to where I can download them would be nice too!

Best Answers

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat Metrics and Action Duration Reminder are the two most important IMO.

Raid Notifier can be nice in trials, as well as some other utilities like Asylum Status Panel, Group Damage Share, Group Loot, various ultimate trackers.

Skyshards and Lorebooks are great for finding skill points and leveling Mage's Guild.

Master Merchant is good for pricing and trading. Improved Guild Store and Tamriel Trade Center also help here.

For downloading and updating, just get Minion. It makes the process very quick and easy.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 16, 2018 10:26PM
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some that I've used and recommend.

Trading:
    Tamriel Trade Center (shows averages based on global listings, global search function) or Master Merchant (shows averages based on sales in your guilds)

Farming:
    HarvestMap (lets you save locations of crafting nodes you've harvested, including chests)

Dungeons:
    Untaunted (shows a timer for your taunts)
    Votan's Mini-Map (shows a mini-map, super helpful for tracking group members) or use a different minimap
    Combat Metrics or Foundry Tactical Combat (I use FTC for its DPS tracker, Combat Metrics gives a more detailed breakdown of buff uptime and damage recount)

PVP:
    CyroHUD (shows how many siege are active on keeps)
    KillCounter (keeps track of kills and lets you accept the queue automatically)
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 16, 2018 10:25PM
    Answer ✓
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Minion add on manager to start with.

Must have add ons for starting out would include Lorebooks, Skyshards, Destinations and AUI (it comes with a minimap and has other features that I rather like). I also like some of the Wykkyd addons, so check those out to see if any would work for you (toolbar, acheivement tracker, couple other ones)

From there, if you are a crafter, get craft store. Want to sell things in Guild stores? Get Master Merchant.

PvP, I use Action Duration reminder, KillCounter, and FTC. And I probably have CyroHUD or something like it.

I have other addons as well, but these would be included in my bare minimum list.

Edited by Loralai_907 on February 16, 2018 10:30PM
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see, try to remember my list, but these are must haves:

Master Merchant
    Awesome Guild Store
    No, Thank You
    Lore Books
    Skyshards
    Destinations
    Dolgbuns (sp?) Lazy Writ Crafter
    Craft Store
    Junk It
    Assist Rapid Riding
    Alpha Gear (gear and skill switcher)
    Advanced UI (use parts of it)
    Slightly Improved Experience Bar
    Frykins Mini Map

Others, as I have about 10 more, just can't remember the complete list I installed them so long ago

All Public Bosses (although Destinations may cover this)
    AutoInvite
    Lost Treasure
    Potion Maker
    Advanced Filters
    LibAddon
    LibStub
    Summon Assistant
    Votan's Keybinder (makes keybinds the same across characters
    Wykkyd Mailbox (allows for replies to emails)

EDIT Updated List
    Edited by Nestor on February 17, 2018 12:23AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i came from console also but im on PC now and i have..

MUST HAVE:

lazy writ crafter-- *** AMAZING!!! epecially after coming from console!
    Azurah - for moving everything from standard UI where you want it
    Skyshards-
    Lorebooks-
    Master Merchant- i actually sell *** on PC without just saying oh this is 20k this is 100 i use actually good pricing
    Combat Metrics-
    Action duration reminder- i like it more that the other buff tracking it less intrusive, more like base ui and also tell you with a pop up when skills fade
    Awesome guild store- to search guild stores easily

ALMOST MUST HAVES-

Dark UI- makes base UI look way better
    Iakoni gear and skill changer(2 addons)- the newest one, save builds save a TON of time
    lovely emotes- give you 5 quick slots for preset emotes, i wouldnt use them without this!
    AP meter- tracks the AP of each session with a nice screen to break down how you got it

i know there is more but im at work and its time to go home!
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all! Got myself quite a lovely list now :smile:
  • noequal_1_ESO
    noequal_1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    hmm, is there an alternative to Awesome Guild Store? it works fine, technically, but if i wanna use any consumables, i have to turn it off. it gives me some LUI error saying it can't use consumables from my inventory or some bs. i could enable it when i shop and then disable it, but... that's a little annoying.
  • Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, is there an alternative to Awesome Guild Store? it works fine, technically, but if i wanna use any consumables, i have to turn it off. it gives me some LUI error saying it can't use consumables from my inventory or some bs. i could enable it when i shop and then disable it, but... that's a little annoying.

I thought AwesomeGuildStore was giving me a UI error when Dragon Bones launched, but after some fiddling I found the real culprit was an addon called ESO Master Recipe List. Dunno if you have it, but it might be worth checking your other addons to see if they're the real cause
  • noequal_1_ESO
    noequal_1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Shmoopy wrote: »

I thought AwesomeGuildStore was giving me a UI error when Dragon Bones launched, but after some fiddling I found the real culprit was an addon called ESO Master Recipe List. Dunno if you have it, but it might be worth checking your other addons to see if they're the real cause

hmm, i'll try doing that, but, looking at my mods, i'm not sure which would give me that error. i don't have ESO Master Recipe List installed.