The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After Update 17, PC gamepad UI missing features

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Update! I finally found the "settings" button on the UI... on the right hand side of the screen in a completely left-hand orineted menu. And it tells you to press the left button. Seriously, I know thi isn't Apple level design or anything, but that's the worst placement ever. Please fix the gamepad/controller UI!!!!!

Guys - look, I know it's not popular that some of us A - can't play with keyboard due to physical limitations, and B - play from the couch because there isn't enough room for a desk. Yeah, I'm on PC and can drag out my keyboard, but is it too much to ask for Gamepad UI to have the SAME functionalities as keyobard UI?

1. Missing toggle to turn off Skills Advisor. I mean, the skills window was redone, all it needs is a toggle like Keyboard UI has. My husband (who does play with keyboard) had to tell me there's a way to turn it off. *sigh*.

2. Outfits UI - can armor PLEASE not be greyed out in the dye tab? I'd like to check what colors I used, as I forget with time. (I'm old, hey-o!)

3.... oh hey! I just looked at the Keyboard UI and there's a whole settings menu for Skills advisor that aren't in GamepadUI!

Please, please, please... I've been asking since 2016...please fix GamepadUI! Pretty sure you could re-use the code for consoles too. <3
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 20, 2018 5:21PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Further suggestion! I know maintining 2 different interfaces for PC isn't fun. Been there, done that. SO! If I could access and use the keybord UI with my controller that would be awesome!

Joysticks can move the pointer like a mouse... I'm fine with that!
    A is always select/interact. Etc! (PM me I can go on with ideas for a long time.)

Please understand - what seems trivial to you can be taxing to others. So easy - just lean over and whip out the keyboard quick everytime you need to work with a menu? Yeah, well... today my right arm is useless, I've got muscle spasms in addition to my carpal. Hey! And I can't afford surgery or drugs for these issues and all of our money goes to stuff that keeps me alive and mostly pain free.

So please, please, please!!!! Please make it so I don't have to switch to keyboard every 3 mintues. Please. This "heres soething that partially works if you're disabled whatever. No ADA rules to make us do any more" isn't a good look.

And for all of you about to comment about all this typing:
    1. Voice. Dictation. It's a thing.
    2. I have an old laptop I use for the internet, because I can hold it close to my body and it doesn't require a desk...