The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Master at Arms tested for various abilities.

Valdek
Valdek
✭✭✭
Hey all. Please could someone point me towards the main thread for Master at Arms? Can't seem to find it.

I have tested the Master at Arms CP and have found some interesting things. By putting points into Master at Arms, this is how things change:

Blazing Spear: Tooltip damage increases. Actual damage does NOT.
Elemental Blockade: Tooltip damage increases. Actual damage does NOT.
Ritual of Retribution: Tooltip damage increases. Actual damage does NOT.

While testing, I also found some other very weird things happening. For example, putting CP into Thaumaturge appears to increase my light attack damage, even with a fire staff.

Also, as I have mentioned in a different post, with a fire staff for the single target damage buff:

Radiant Oppression: Tooltip damage does NOT increase. Actual damage DOES.

If screenshots would be useful for you, please let me know.

p.s. 'Actual damage' refers to the numbers I see when my attacks deal damage to a target.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The initial damage from Blazing Spear should increase with MoA since it is direct damage. The dot starts afterwards and would not be affected.

I would expect Elemental Blockade to be pure DoT and not be affected.

Ritual of Retribution should not see any affect either. The damage component is pure DoT.

I also expect Radiant is pure DoT also. I do not recall anything in the tooltip that states there is an initial damage.

I have not tested it specifically but it is now the skills are designed.
    Edited by idk on February 16, 2018 1:22PM
    Options
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The initial damage from Blazing Spear should increase with MoA since it is direct damage. The dot starts afterwards and would not be affected.

I would expect Elemental Blockade to be pure DoT and not be affected.

Ritual of Retribution should not see any affect either. The damage component is pure DoT.

I have not tested it specifically but it is now the skills are designed.

According to posts I have read, because they read as 'deal X damage every X seconds' rather than 'deals X damage over X seconds' they are infact direct damage skills.

That said, either the tooltip or the damage is wrong and will hopefully be fixed at some point.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested elemental blockade with and without MoA and your results are not correct. It does affect the tooltip, but it also affected my actual damage as well.

Not sure why you are not seeing it but I noticed a clear increase of damage with points only in MoA compared to no points in anything. I suggest you verify your testing and do it again.
    Edited by idk on February 16, 2018 1:54PM
    Options
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    I just tested elemental blockade with and without MoA and your results are not correct. It does affect the tooltip, but it also affected my actual damage as well.

Not sure why you are not seeing it but I noticed a clear increase of damage with points only in MoA compared to no points in anything. I suggest you verify your testing and do it again.

I've retested on my magblade and magsorc.

magblade with 0 points in M-a-A
    Blockade - tooltip: 1720, actual: 1719

magblade with 10 points in M-a-A
    Blockade - tooltip: 1778, actual: 1719

magsorc with 15 points in M-a-A
    Blockade - tooltip: 2103, actual: 2102
    Liquid Lightning - tooltip: 2802, actual: 2500

magsorc with 25 points in M-a-A
    Blockade - tooltip: 2168, actual: 2102
    Liquid Lightning - tooltip: 2885, actual: 2500

Both of these classes have confirmed what I found on my templar. Master-at-Arms is increasing the tooltip damage but NOT the actual damage.

I am on PC, EU servers. What system / character are you on if you don't mind me asking?
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice information this is very important.
    Normaly one just checks tooltips to see if its working.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    PUNDIT!
    Valdek wrote: »
    The initial damage from Blazing Spear should increase with MoA since it is direct damage. The dot starts afterwards and would not be affected. ....
    According to posts I have read, because they read as 'deal X damage every X seconds' rather than 'deals X damage over X seconds' they are infact direct damage skills.

That said, either the tooltip or the damage is wrong and will hopefully be fixed at some point.
    Hmmm..... in my humble opinion, either ZOS has hired a lawyer to write the tooltips, or the players are expected to be legal analysts in order to understand them. In mundane English, the respective phrases mean the same thing. :wink:

Regardless, the real question is, what do the specifications for the design of the ability require it to be coded to do? If the written "specs" are as murky as the text in the tooltips, then we can hardly blame the programmers for coding each ability to actually do whatever it does, regardless of any discrepancies or inconsistency among the abilities as a result.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options