The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about last boss on Fang Lair

Star_Carrier
Star_Carrier
✭✭✭
Ok to start off this is a Tanking question. While tanking the last boss I'm getting nuked by something called Biting Cold. I'm sure I'm over looking something simple here but I'm curious if anyone can help. I'm 720cp with the appropriate allocations for tanking. My group and I were able to finish it I'm just curious because I usually have no issues with damage I any other dungeons. Thanks!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank in my group was also complaining he got insane dmg from boss. We found out it was from the shalk beatle that was debuffing the tank. When your dd's are dps'ing boss/killing crystals, let them keep an eye on you and kill any shalks that spawn. We did it in between every time we moved from crystal to crystal. But im not sure if that is the biting cold you are speaking off.
  • Star_Carrier
    Star_Carrier
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the shalks are also a problem if they aren't taken down pretty quick. I wanna say bitting cold is one of his basic attacks. But it seems to be worse at times? Not sure.. I noticed some tanks use wings on him.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the shalks are also a problem if they aren't taken down pretty quick. I wanna say bitting cold is one of his basic attacks. But it seems to be worse at times? Not sure.. I noticed some tanks use wings on him.
    Well, our tank said the boss dmg went from 6k to up to 28k, because of the shalk debuff. So that might be why it is worse at times.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    Root the bugs when they spawn, and get away from them. They want to debuff you to death. a 6k tick from cold will go to a 18k in a second.

They will die by themself within ~8-10 sec if no one take care of them, but dont stay close to them. Root them far away.

There is a recap death tip that confirm it, but it is a very rare tip (as tank, i only got it once, a moment i died from a bug's 40 points damage)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you kill crystals fast enough, no shalks. DPS should ONLY be hitting crystals when they are up - or if GOOD dps - 1 per crystal etc.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Block or dodge the first shalk launched at you (happens shortly after the bile drool), CC the shalks, have the DPS nuke them or step away. (Correct in that the shalks both debuff (armor reduction) and defile (healing reduction) plus a Dot.)

Biting cold, specifically is from the Dragon's conal. Try to step into the blank spaces between or block if you can't.

You'll take less damage and not get knocked back.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok to start off this is a Tanking question. While tanking the last boss I'm getting nuked by something called Biting Cold. I'm sure I'm over looking something simple here but I'm curious if anyone can help. I'm 720cp with the appropriate allocations for tanking. My group and I were able to finish it I'm just curious because I usually have no issues with damage I any other dungeons. Thanks!

It's the little scarab indeed. Have at least 1 dps assigned to prio kill it. Whenever it spawns, use talons (or any other root/cc) and then sidedstep. Don't let it touch you while you keep tanking the dragon. Repeat root+sidestep as needed. Even with low dps random groups 3 roots and sidesteps should always be enough. 1 on high dps groups
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on February 16, 2018 1:26PM
  • Star_Carrier
    Star_Carrier
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!! This is gonna help out a ton! Im ready to get back in there and try it again now!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had 10 mins left at final boss scalecaller and game crash 2x in a row. Rip speed run