The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Text Chat/Voice Chat Issues - 2/14/2018

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've been experiencing the inability to text chat and voice chat for the last 12-24 hours. Is this a known issue / is anyone else experiencing this?
Edited by brandonv516 on February 15, 2018 6:18PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit or miss has been the experience however I’d say if you’re able to voice and text chat using Xbox party chat as well as chatting in other Xbox One games, it’s likely just this game and more than likely not just you.

There are some other threads for differing timeframes. Maybe those can help you confirm or deny if it’s just you but if nothings changed on your end......prob not just you
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 15, 2018 7:00PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two different Xbox consoles and I still have no in-game voice chat or text chat. I'm beginning to think I got a communication ban lol.

Yes Xbox messaging and chat is working.
    Edited by brandonv516 on February 15, 2018 10:49PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I press START, then Y for Voice Chat and I get this:

Voice chat is unavailable. This could be due to routine server maintenance or a configuration issue.

I press START, then X for Text Chat and it does nothing. There is also no chat window present to see what others are chatting about.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Bug report submitted today through game.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed on it's own. Just took time I suppose.

Close please.
  • POPSadopalis
    POPSadopalis
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, brand spankin new here to the forums as you can tell with my sad 1 star :(... anyway text chat will not work for me either on my xbox one x! very irritating to say the least. I sent help request they sent possible fix with deleting saved data file restart UI stuff but that does not seem to work... anyone else have this issue and if so have you discovered the secret to fix it???
  • POPSadopalis
    POPSadopalis
    ✭✭
    Just in case anyone happens by and sees this thread, the problem was with my xbox live social settings in that i did not have my setting to adult... First make sure your live social setting are all on adult and then if the problem still persists go to games and apps and delete all save data for your profile then do a power cycle and if all done correctly text chat will work again! booya!!