Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

How to Skip Steam

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
This works for me, but your mileage may vary: I use direct link to ESO Exec file; that bypass the Steam and the Launcher. At some point, one still need the Launcher to download any updates / patches.

Here is the path for the Exec file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe"
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this to work, you need to have your ESO login and password which, if I'm not mistaken, many people do not. I personally don't.

Also, again, if I'm not mistaken, none of your steam purchases (ESO+, DLCs, etc.) will work when logging in outside of Steam.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This doesn’t activate ESO Plus though.
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    For this to work, you need to have your ESO login and password which, if I'm not mistaken, many people do not. I personally don't.

Also, again, if I'm not mistaken, none of your steam purchases (ESO+, DLCs, etc.) will work when logging in outside of Steam.
    krachall wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4868457/#Comment_4868457
    Options
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just create a link from steam and use it from your desktop? I even removed the little shortcuts arrows to make it look prettier.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you? Doesn't work for me, and you don't need to go to the eso exec file, can use the bethesda launcher for same result, just don't have steam running.
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. My Account was made during beta. may be that is why works for me while others it will not work. Also, I always buy my DLCs via ZOS's website, not by Steam.
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Ah, I see. My Account was made during beta. may be that is why works for me while others it will not work. Also, I always buy my DLCs via ZOS's website, not by Steam.

So, none of your stuff is linked to steam but you got the magicsauce to bypass steam....k.
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's worth trying if you've been around for long enough. I bought ESO via Steam in 2015, created a Nord not even sure what class, played through the Wailing prison, and then promptly stopped with that character parked in a random house in Davon's Watch, Prophet waiting to talk to him. When I started back up last year, eso prompted me as if it was a first purchase, and I'd lost track of the account details, so I made a new account. That second account (my main) cannot login if the launcher is bypassed. Last night, though, I decided to try the original account (login details were cleverly hidden in my password database under ESO), and that one, although I can't use the steam based login, I can login if I bypass the launcher.
    Options