The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do i understand crafting?

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
Returning player here.. planning on playing without eso+.. and to prevent ocd insanity this time around came to the following conclusions:

- The only thing useful from crafting really is the ability to craft sets at the in zone stations (since outfitting exists the cosmetic benefit doesn't matter).
- The main skill / activity then is research.
- I should be okay to start completely ignoring the production / writ activity, and just researching as i get drops (and using bank space to hold these items). If i get to end game and actually need to make some sets, catching up the levelling should be easy enough?

Ignoring the raw materials and just keeping up research sounds like something i can do and still play the game without eso plus, not totally screwing me should i need crafting later?

How does that sound? I have a whole heap of upgrade materials from what i've done so far.. Basically i just want crafting to be manageable and not the completely insane inventory management (or have to pay for the craft bag).

Any tips and/or confirmation appreciated, thanks!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like it'll be fine.

The research is the longest part of the process and it's normally advised to focus your traits research on the ones most used first before the less used ones.

Levelling the skill lines and investing SP will help you with a lot whilst playing, you get daily hirelings (materials), reduced upgrade material costs (massive for making gear purple/gold) and most important to what you're doing more research slots as well as a cap on research time (it increases for each trait known).

Normally you can just play the game, break down all intricate, green, blue & purple items you find, sell the white & ornate ones.

Provisioning, alchemy and enchanting take a little more active input and effort to level up.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Turelus wrote: »
    That sounds like it'll be fine.

Awesome thanks. Like the business model as tortured as it may seem up front, if you can just control yourself there's a way through, im pretty sure getting frustrated with inventory was the main reason i quit the first (and second) time around.

Looking forward to just doing what's fun with a bit more knowledge this time.