The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Clarify something for me

Myshapyn
Myshapyn
Soul Shriven
Today I heard a lot of ingame talk about the Offbalance changes. Mostly negative. Can someone please clarify that this throws Magicka builds up onto the shelf due to the loss of Exploiter being such a big part of those builds? Is the Magicka NB the new ranged magicka meta? It can be hard to sift through the facts as there will clearly need to be new builds as a result and I'm not sure if guys like Alcast and Gilliamtherogue have talked about it yet? Or at least I haven't heard if they have...

Thanks. A (former?) mag sorc.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of recent threads on this issue if you just do a simple search in the forums ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myshapyn wrote: »
    A (former?) mag sorc.

I've played my Pet Mag Sorc for a while last night and he was doing just fine.

I'm sure the sky is falling somewhere for someone but apparently not me ...
    smile.gif
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Off balance is 25% uptime on bosses. 5 seconds up time 20 seconds cooldown. Heavy attacks no longer consume off balance anymore and can only be applied once every 20 seconds. You get double resource return while heavy attacking an offbalance enemy. Lighting wall will be pushed back in the closet in favoe of minor vulnerabikty and flame status effect. Essentially going from everyone using lighting staves to maybe 1 or 2 people and the rest using inferno staves for flame wall