Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where's all the Nord stuff?

Silufadumar
Silufadumar
✭✭✭
I'm trying decorate a Nord house with mostly Nord furnishings, but there seems to be a real lack of items to choose from. When trying to buy from the Crown store, some categories have only 1 Nord item compared with 4 or 5 for other races (tapestries for example), while others have nothing Nord themed (like wells). And its not as though such items don't exist at all, they can be seen in game, just not bought from the homestead Crown store.

I've tried looking for Nord furnishing plans in guild stores, but guss what, they seem to be as rare as Unicorn poo (except for green, common plans). The few times I've found a blue or purple Nord item for sale it has been so over priced as to just not be worth it for 1 item, and blue or purple plans... not sure I remember seeing any Nord blue or purple plans for sale.

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno or anyone else, where can I get these Nord homestead items from?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a few Nord items in the game...but perhaps fewer than some other races. (The team has a constant *** for Redguard. Enough, guys, we get it...you love shawarma.) Mostly the Nord stuff is the blocky wooden furniture.

Eso fashion is a good place to look, then you can search guild stores. What server are you on? We can try to connect you with a master crafter to get stuff made.
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    There are quite a few Nord items in the game...but perhaps fewer than some other races. (The team has a constant *** for Redguard. Enough, guys, we get it...you love shawarma.) Mostly the Nord stuff is the blocky wooden furniture.

Eso fashion is a good place to look, then you can search guild stores. What server are you on? We can try to connect you with a master crafter to get stuff made.

I'm on Xbox EU. Making the items isn't the problem, I have a character that could do that, its finding the plans thats the problem and also not having them in the Crown store as a back up.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed actually Nord stuff is on the rarer side
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agreed actually Nord stuff is on the rarer side

Not particularly rarer than any other racial style.

The only reason why Redguard has so much more furniture is because lots of stuff was added with Hew's Bane zone, and possibly Craglorn too.

Orcs of course got a lot added with Wrothgar, and Dunmer got a lot added with Vvardenfell.

Khajiit don't have particularly many furnishing pieces either

Neither do Argonians, Bretons, Bosmer or Altmer.

For Nords, you still have several stools and chairs, several beds, several tables, several unique lighting pieces such as heavy antler chandeliers and horn lanterns, as well as several tapestries, carpets and a unique bear skin.

For knick knacks, other than the Nord specific ones, you can find plenty of Breton and Orc stuff and even a few Redguard ones that would match the style. Such as decanters, glasses, plates and jars. And on the PTS we saw several unique nord pieces from the Falkreath dungeon, such as nordic burial urns.

Altmer can at least look forward to Summerset Chapter this year, Argonians and Bosmer are still probably the worst races to buy houses and decorate for. They don't have particularly many items either, have had nothing new added since base game, and at least Nords get the Haknir's High Hall which is a huge player home, while Argonian and Bosmer only get some small and medium sized mud huts.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were supposed to have some ancient Nord stuff added, but it might come as a furniture pack later.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make a nord themed home without actually using a ton of nord objects.

The use of a lot of grey stonework, lighter woods, ancient nord items like the skald kings thrones, dragon priest alter, standing memorial stones and lots of orangish lights. Specifically fires as opposed to candles. Oh and a lot of added colors on the walls like the paintings.

I personally do not like most of the Nordic themed items in game. They have bad textures, looks like they were among the first made along with khajit and argonian way back in 2012 lol.

Lastly...lots of dead animal trophies, like the giant mammoth skull and bear skins. BEAR SKINS EVERY WHERE.

I'm trying to make a nord/ vampire themed home out of pariahs pinnacle. Using the ballista dragon heads with dreamshards in them for my hall and large common area lighting. Ice walls everywhere to block the openings and create rooms within the large main room. Oh and upside down coldharbour braziers for a big ass blue fire in my homebuilt stone fireplace. (Seriously...It's a very large fireplace.)
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    We had riekling furniture on the luxury vendor a few weeks ago, you might still find some in the guild auction houses, I find it very Nordic. Also there's some great stuff from the achievement vendors, plus we recently got snow, ice flows, snowy rocks, shrubs and columns. Throw in the Mists of the hag Fen and you got a great blizzard coming in at you.

You can get some great nord furniture and staues from the achievement vendors and the rare drop of a nord antler chandelier recipe is great!