The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FCOItemSaver - Marker icons lost and plans to prevent this in the future

Baertram
Baertram
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

sorry to say that ZOs changed some info at the items again so the item instance ids that the addon uses to "save" the marker icons changed and your marker icons were all lost after the update :-( This is not addon error but a problem which will occur everytime ZOs adds more info to the items.

I'm working on a method to save the markers for the items based on different data then the changing iteminstanceid as ZOs told me they'll probably change a lot in the future...

So it might be possible that you need to remark all once again in the future, sorry, but then it should remember them even if ZOs changes the item instance ids.
Maybe I find a way to "migrate" your markers to the new system I have in mind. I'm working on it and just wanted to post it here too as some addon comments, or ingame messages, were posted by "angry users" compalining about the addon(s).

Baertram
Edited by Baertram on February 14, 2018 7:31PM
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man, don't worry! You do your thing... re-marking all the items is definitely less hassle than using the bare-bones incredibly inefficient vanilla UI.

Your addon improved the game by 10000% for me, even if I have to re-mark the items once or twice every patch... so, don't worry.

EDIT: typos
    Edited by leeux on February 14, 2018 7:42PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    Hey man, don't worry! You do your thing... re-marking all the items is definitely less hassle than using the bare-bones incredibly inefficient vanilla UI.

Your addon improved the game by 10000% for me, even if I have to re-mark the items once or twice every patch... so, don't worry.

EDIT: typos
    Could not have said it better myself.

PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the positive feedback.

Just tested another way of determining a unique marker id by help of the item's base id, level, needed cp level, quality, enchantments etc. Unfortunately this takes too long to mass mark/automatically mark the items and the client will lag for about 1 to 5 seconds each time this happens :/

My current approach is to leave the marker ids based on the iteminstace id which might change every here and there, but build a settings button to backup/restore the markers with the above described unique marker ids. So you only need to do this once before a patch and hopefully the items are identified that unqiue that one can apply the markers after the patch again even if the iteminstance id changes.
    Edited by Baertram on February 15, 2018 10:53AM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most current version now supports backup & restore.
    Please check the addon description page at
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info630-FCOItemSaver.html
    under the "Backup & restore" section (scroll down near the end of the description or check the changelog of version 1.2.2).

You are able to backup your marker icons this way now, before a new bigger patch arrives. And restore it after the new patch was applied. Your items should be save against changes in the itemInstanceId now.
    If though the itemId changes (which does not happen often but could) no way to save the marker icons properly is known so far. Hopefully ZOs is not going to chage the itemIds that often.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Gonna update and play with it a bit later tonight :)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>