The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Idea Enchanting: Aspect Runes Rarity From Level/Passive

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
Ok, im sure every crafter knows this scenario. Im sitting on thousands of Ta, Jejota and Denata, the white, green and blue rarity of the round aspect runes, that absolutley noone uses or has used ever.
My idea would be, only getting Rekuta and Kuta from looting runestones in the world, if you have Enchantinglevel 50, and/or skill a passive that gives you this ability or something. And i dont want to make Kutas less rare or drop the price or something, let them be as rare as they are atm. But at least give us Rekutas IF an aspect rune drops from a runestone, and if we use a skillpoint for a passive like this.
We just cant use the first 3 aspect runes, for absolutley nothing. Even throwing them away isnt worth the effort.
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daily enchanting crafting writs call for Ta runes. There's 14 a day right there for masochists who do writs on all their characters every day.

The greens and blues come in handy for helping alts or other players level their own enchanting skill.

I also use blue when crafting training gear for other players unless they ask for purple quality stuff.

So they're not totally worthless. :)
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be quite happy to never get another Ta from looting a Runestone again. It would be okay to just get nothing rather than more Ta. I'm sitting on several thousand as it is. I do daily writs on 2 toons almost every day. So if I only averaged to recover 1 Ta a day through deconstruction, Wet Gunny Sacks or Hirelings, it would still take me 10 years to use up what I already have!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    My daily enchanting crafting writs call for Ta runes. There's 14 a day right there for masochists who do writs on all their characters every day.

The greens and blues come in handy for helping alts or other players level their own enchanting skill.

I also use blue when crafting training gear for other players unless they ask for purple quality stuff.

So they're not totally worthless. :)

1. They could change that to rekutas too imo... then there would be not too many of those either and theyd keep their worth.
    2. If you want to help others leveling, you also use rekutas, they give a LOT more exp then the other 3 runes.
    3. I would use rekutas for that TOO, but maybe thats just because i have enough of those already too for my lifetime...

And i didnt say you couldnt get any of the other 3 runes anymore, youd get enough from deconstructing glyphs i would guess. At least enough Ta... or from sources like other containers and stealing and from daily writs and whatever.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've left /feedback a few times about starting a "rune exchange" system. Mages' guild npc can exchange X number runes for a higher level. Like:

50 Ta for 1 Green/Denota
    75 Ta for 1 Blue Jejota
    and so on. More Ta for purple and gold. And you could do the same with the green and blues, of course. I have never had a request from a player to make a glyph for them using anything lower than rekuta. I have more than a few thousand Ta runes; yes I do writs, and they are useful for that. Doing the number of writs that I usually do my supply of Ta runes will last me until I retire from RL work and have more time to play. [hint; I am about 20 years off retiring] If it wasn't for the crafting bag I'd be npc vendoring lots of Ta, Denota, and Jejota runes, or destroying them.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, thats a much better idea then mine. And i requested something like that in the game Trove, wich got even implemented, im amazed i didnt think of that here. Ye ignore my idea, yours is way more realistic.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be ok with them simply requiring you to upgrade glyph quality 1 tier at a time.
    Ta x10 > Jejota x5 > Denata x3 > Rekuta x2 > Kuta x1
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe more then 10 ta for one kuta, but yes, this idea is very good.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    Maybe more then 10 ta for one kuta, but yes, this idea is very good.

You misunderstand my intention. When you create a glyph, you start at normal quality and it costs x10 Ta plus the other required runes, then to upgrade to green you must spend an aditional x5 Jejota, x3 Denata...
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    To upgrade to green you would need white and blue youre saying? That makes not much sense to me. o-o'
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To upgrade to green you would need white and blue youre saying? That makes not much sense to me. o-o'
    No, just a system that is more similar to crafting armor and weapons. x10 Ta to create a normal quality glyph. To upgrade that glyph to green you must use x5 Jejota. To upgrade the green glyph to blue x3 Denata. Blue to purple x2 Rekuta. Purple to gold x1 Kuta.

Edited for clarity.
    Edited by Ley on February 15, 2018 6:57PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whites I use for Writs, and sell.
    Green no use now but I used to use for leveling gear
    Blue I use for alts / strangers I help / leveling gear

Personally.I think rune harvests should.go back to how they were before with the three split was way more interesting seeing am Aspect rune and hoping for the Kuta. I don't bother getting most I re now
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    No, just a system that is more similar to crafting armor and weapons. x10 Ta to create a normal quality rune. To upgrade that rune to green you must use x5 Jejota. To upgrade the green rune to blue x3 Denata. Blue to purple x2 Rekuta. Purple to gold x1 Kuta.

Youre talking about glyphs. That why i was really confused.
    So you mean you would need 5 green RUNES to upgrade one white GLYPH to green?
    But using 10 Ta to go to normal is redundant, as you said, you would start at normal/white. No need for using something to get to white.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, just a system that is more similar to crafting armor and weapons. x10 Ta to create a normal quality rune. To upgrade that rune to green you must use x5 Jejota. To upgrade the green rune to blue x3 Denata. Blue to purple x2 Rekuta. Purple to gold x1 Kuta.

But using 10 Ta to go to normal is redundant, as you said, you would start at normal/white. No need for using something to get to white.

Edited that post, I did say glyph in the other posts though :confused:

Since Ta runes are already around, mine as well use them to create normal quality glyphs.
    Edited by Ley on February 15, 2018 7:00PM
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭

Edited that post, I did say glyph in the other posts though :confused:

Since Ta runes are already around, mine as well use them to create normal quality glyphs.

Oh, yes you did... well my bad then, cant read right. ='D

Ok yes, for crafting the normal ones you would ofc need Ta.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The numbers I threw out were pulled from thin air. The amounts would depend on the devs, of course. With the number of Ta I find, it probably wouldn't be hard to do "number of full stacks" instead of single runes. :sigh:

Now if I could only come up with different uses for alkahest.................