Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Live February 16 @ 6PM EST – Dev Dungeon Challenge!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog post ESO: Live February 16 @ 6PM EST – Dev Dungeon Challenge. Tune in this Friday at 6pm EST as we challenge our devs to complete the brand new Scalecaller Peak dungeon live (and yes, it'll be on Veteran Hard Mode!)
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this one. :tongue:

Creative Director Rich Lambert (DPS)
    Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan (Tank)
    UI Design Lead Bobby Weir (DPS)
    Combat Lead Eric Wrobel (Healing)

6f6.gif
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog post ESO: Live February 16 @ 6PM EST – Dev Dungeon Challenge. Tune in this Friday at 6pm EST as we challenge our devs to complete the brand new Scalecaller Peak dungeon live (and yes, it'll be on Veteran Hard Mode!)

Will there be any godmode commands? :smile:
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will they use the official Skill Advisor builds they created?
    PC-NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yngol wrote: »

No! They'll be playing on PTS, so no cheating allowed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is PTS going to be updated to Live, then? <<< Edit: Apparently, yes.

Also, Rich's character has to be wearing shorts.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 13, 2018 6:31PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »

No! They'll be playing on PTS, so no cheating allowed.

:open_mouth: nice! out of curiosity, what's the usual ping from where they'll be playing? I hope it's not 60 or something :smiley:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is PTS going to be updated to Live, then? <<< Edit: Apparently, yes.

Also, Rich's character has to be wearing shorts.

Yeah, we'll be updating it tomorrow so it has the current patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be good!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess, too laggy for them to play on the main server like the rest of us.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *maniacal laughter*
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. :tongue:

Creative Director Rich Lambert (DPS)
    Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan (Tank)
    UI Design Lead Bobby Weir (DPS)
    Combat Lead Eric Wrobel (Healing)

6f6.gif

Eric will heal?

run-away-monty-python-gif.jpg

;)
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is if they know the mechanics already or if they will be learning the mechanics as they go. The bosses are mechanic heavy so they would be at an advantage if they already know the mechanics.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Rich be playing as his alter-ego, Lich Rambert?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel should switch roles with Mike and try blocking a bit.
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will be doing hardmodes: best way for them to get an insight into how frustrating rng AND bugged mechanics are for us!
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are in for trouble if Eric is Healing. Lich Rambert should listen to Finn's suggestions :)
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is this Bobby guy, has he been on "the show"?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Now is the time. All ye who should despise the new costs for the outfit system, gold and crowns, make for twitch and tune in to the stream. We shall voice in the chat, where we shall truly see how far ZOS will go to avoid confronting us.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do it as:
    1x nightblade tank
    1x dk healer
    2x magicka warden DDs
    ;)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Do it as:
    1x nightblade tank
    1x dk healer
    2x magicka warden DDs
    ;)

Challenge mode?

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they going to do the /emote challenge again or something else this time?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Haha I forgot about that from last time! I think they'll have enough of a challenge completing Vet Hard Mode in an hour, but we'll see if we can think of something fun. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So late, aren't they allowed to play at work?
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha I forgot about that from last time! I think they'll have enough of a challenge completing Vet Hard Mode in an hour, but we'll see if we can think of something fun. ;)

Really looking forward to it! Please bring LOTS of fire dmg to scalecaller peak (you will see why :D)
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭

What about playing in "PG mode?" Any time somebody swears, they have to take a penalty like doing /humble or /pushup
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    *maniacal laughter*

^

Also it would be nice if they would show of the new builds from the skill adviser.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭

I have another idea! If they all play in the same room, any time the whole team gets wiped they have to move to the computer to their right and play on that person's computer and character :D

OR! Any time someone dies, they cannot be resurrected until they correctly answer a trivia question about Update 17's patch notes. Either Jessica or Gina should have the patch notes pulled up and should quiz whoever gets downed!
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on February 16, 2018 2:58PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping they will address the issues with new update, especially the storage coffer bug when deleting chars.
    PC-NA