The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crasfting Costs BACKWARDS!

smacky
smacky
✭✭✭
I love the idea of showing the level on the material selection area.

But PLEASE swap the cost and level ratings around.

Put the Material cost back where it was, and show the CP underneath, or at least give use the choice to swap this in the interface options.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its too much info displayed there now. i dont like it. it wasnt hard to understand before, now its just too much packed into a small space
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, I think knowing how much material yoiu are spending is far more important than the level.

The level was always there before, just in a different spot (above the item)
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I spent a strangely long amount of time staring at the new UI when doing my writs today - like I couldn't help myself zone-out as my mind was struggling to figure out what I was looking at and whether I was about to make a costly mistake, even though all the figures looked fine. Not a pleasant experience.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall are worried about this, when every outfit is blocked being a 15$ paywall? Priorities guys priorities
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Yall are worried about this, when every outfit is blocked being a 15$ paywall? Priorities guys priorities

Well tbh when it seems that every plate is going to get dropped and smashed, you may as well ask for as many to be in the air as possible in the first place.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I have over 20 different costumes. Why would I be worried about the outfit system. When 80% or more of the in game armor sets look like they was designed, by a low budget designer studio that only have interns. Then you have a lot of costumes that look really good, depending on the theme of your character/s.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Fearless one here sorry. I use Costumes, so Outfits don't bother me.

And I'm sorry but MY Priorities are NOT WASTING MATS accidentally. I mean you only have to scroll your mouse wheel to 160, and since I do my daily writs on 2 toons, 1 screw up is 300 ingots instead of 30 for example.

If you have an issue with Outfits, create your own thread!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was their solution to a problem that would occur when crafting in lower tiers (at least for me, as I only saw it happen specifically when trying to craft linen or cotton gear for writs), but my spouse had it happen at the top tier.

When you selected a robe to craft, it would cost, what 8 or so? Then when you moved over to breeches, it would default to the same material cost, rather than level, so you would end up wasting mats crafting a level 18 breeches instead of a level 16. Then, when you scrolled over to epaulets, if you hadn't caught it before, you would then be crafting level 20 epaulets because it was keeping the mat cost rather than the level. So instead of crafting all level 16 gear for your writ, you'd craft 2 level 16 robes, 2 level 18 breeches, and 1 level 20 epaulet, if you weren't paying attention and changing the level back to 16 as you went along.

I'm not saying this interface is better, but I think it was to correct this recurring issue of the material cost jumping higher when you moved to another piece of gear. My husband had this happen with a tier 10 writ once, where he used up a bunch of mats crafting a CP160 piece rather than a CP150 piece for a writ. He's been super careful after that happened.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 13, 2018 6:36PM
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe. I know the issue you are referring to perfectly, have seen it myself many times.

All I ask is the ability to switch the the Mats and Level.

I think knowing the Mats used (especially for CP150-CP160 where the difference is 10x the amount of materials) is far more important.

I can afford to waster and extra 16 rawhide, but not 90-270 extra Ancestor Silk.

I just think this should be a choice if which you preferm or at least make the Ruby / Rubedite Mats first.