The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, I didn't read the patch notes and...

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Paid 500 vouchers, set it next to my dye station, and then discovered the dye stations became outfit stations....

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid 500 vouchers, set it next to my dye station, and then discovered the dye stations became outfit stations....

That is unfortunate. :|
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not the end of the world, but that would have been two more attunement stations!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least you didn't pay 1500 vouchers, which was the price they first introduced on the PTS. After feedback, they lowered it to 500.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Dye Stations still sold? Or only Outfit Stations?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Both are still being sold, based on my limited PTS testing. So, you can still pick up a dye station for 35 vouchers if you don't want to splurge for an outfit station.

I'm at work right now, so can't confirm on live, so hopefully someone who's been on today can confirm.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be bound, yeah? So you should be able to more than make your money back by charging first-day premiums in a guild store/in zone chat - lots of housing people don't have that many vouchers/crowns and the new station is a status symbol. :)
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • ghinaglia
    ghinaglia
    Soul Shriven
    If I understood correctly Old Dye stations are still sold at 35 Vouchers.

New Outfit station costs 500 Vouchers.

So the only difference is aesthetical?

Players can continue to buy Dye stations ignoring the new one?

That makes Outfit Stations barely useless.

Thanks
    Edited by ghinaglia on February 13, 2018 3:15PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghinaglia wrote: »

Thanks

I think that they wanted to keep the barrier to entry low on the outfit system, since they want people to really play around with it, spend lots of gold or rather outfit change tokens and then purchase additional slots.

Thus, while anyone can go to any one of a number of outfit stations in the world, it seems that they wanted people to also easily do this in their homes. Plus, there would be an uproar if already purchased dye stations became obsolete, so they gave them the outfit functionality while keeping the dye station appearance. They kept all dye stations the same (already purchased and those at the vendor) since there would also be an uproar from players if they didn't have access to the same cheap outfit station as those who purchased a dye station before the update.

But, they wanted to offer players the opportunity to get their hands on the new outfit station model. Why they feel it needs to cost 500 vouchers, I don't know. Perhaps they think there's a need for a voucher sink.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    ghinaglia wrote: »

Thanks

I think that they wanted to keep the barrier to entry low on the outfit system, since they want people to really play around with it, spend lots of gold or rather outfit change tokens and then purchase additional slots.

Thus, while anyone can go to any one of a number of outfit stations in the world, it seems that they wanted people to also easily do this in their homes. Plus, there would be an uproar if already purchased dye stations became obsolete, so they gave them the outfit functionality while keeping the dye station appearance. They kept all dye stations the same (already purchased and those at the vendor) since there would also be an uproar from players if they didn't have access to the same cheap outfit station as those who purchased a dye station before the update.

But, they wanted to offer players the opportunity to get their hands on the new outfit station model. Why they feel it needs to cost 500 vouchers, I don't know. Perhaps they think there's a need for a voucher sink.

Well, the funny thing is as I was buying it I was feeling all warm and fuzzy that ZoS was significantly lowering the price from that of the 1200 voucher transmute stations. When the reality sank in and I understood that ZoS was grossly overcharging, I felt all resentfull, then angry, then stupid for believing ZoS would price something reasonably.

The insult to injury is that I 100% like the old color pot station better. The only thing the new station really adds is displaying a cuirass. But my first instinct is that it's an armor station and not an outfit station...

It also has a really big footprint if you are into furniture and space is a premium.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

Both are still being sold, based on my limited PTS testing. So, you can still pick up a dye station for 35 vouchers if you don't want to splurge for an outfit station.

I'm at work right now, so can't confirm on live, so hopefully someone who's been on today can confirm.

Ty! @Jayne_Doe

Did you have a chance to check now on the Live servers?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ouch. :(

Z0bYr.gif
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the clockwork style dye station bought from the crown store also becomes an outfit station after the patch? On console and I want to know what to expect from mine.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per the patch notes (for people who asked)

EVERY dye station in the world now performs the function of outfit stations.

The CLOCKWORK dye stations perform the function of outfit stations.

All stations in the world, and ones you’ve placed in homes, will upgrade automatically. Their appearance will NOT change, it they will gain outfit functions.

You may continue to buy the old style stations at the same prices from the same vendors. Same rules as above apply.

You may buy a new looking outfit station from the writ vendor. It’s only distinction is the appearance.