The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why was the housing quest "A Friend In Need" replaced?

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
I searched for it can't find it, and it's not in Patch 16 notes in which it was removed.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was renamed to something I can't recall at the moment...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took away the interesting delve quests to get the apartments and replaced them with a chick standing in a hallway giving away an apartment for free just for the heck of it. At least that's how it is in Ebonheart Pact.

Yeah, that was disappointing. I really don't know why they dumbed it down so much.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because once you've done it on one alt it's annoying as feck to repeat it on the rest of your alts.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, right. Pity though, I wanted to try it. Maybe they should have instead the option of talking to two different NPCs, to be able to try the original quest.

I'm surprised it wasn't included in the patch notes though (unless UESP lists the wrong patch).
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because once you've done it on one alt it's annoying as feck to repeat it on the rest of your alts.
    But you only have to do it once per account, per house, and it unlocks the apartments for the whole account.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe and please correct me if I am wrong, but when you make a new character you have two choices. Mind you this is in the Aldmeri Dominion. You can either go to your room and talk to the girl OR you go to the Bank and speak to the owner of the lease just like you would do it the first time.

If this has changed, I don't know about it. I made a new character I saw the black quest marker above him in the bank and it reminded me to go to speak to the girl so I don't have to do the quest all over again.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I believe and please correct me if I am wrong, but when you make a new character you have two choices. Mind you this is in the Aldmeri Dominion. You can either go to your room and talk to the girl OR you go to the Bank and speak to the owner of the lease just like you would do it the first time.

If this has changed, I don't know about it. I made a new character I saw the black quest marker above him in the bank and it reminded me to go to speak to the girl so I don't have to do the quest all over again.

It's been changed, they removed the quest.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this as a dumbing down.

The quest seemed like it had a secondary purpoose to get people into a delve and refuge, but the delves were poorly picked for the purpose. In the end, the quest was probably blocking people from ever getting an apartment due to it being too hard.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kumbiya
    Kumbiya
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this as a dumbing down.

The quest seemed like it had a secondary purpoose to get people into a delve and refuge, but the delves were poorly picked for the purpose. In the end, the quest was probably blocking people from ever getting an apartment due to it being too hard.

I'm trying to fathom how doing a delve would be too difficult to complete and I'm drawing blanks to be honest
    CP 700+
    Rohuku - Redguard StamDK/Tank & Master Crafter
    Mogubishu - Altmer Warden Healer/Mag DPS
    Ruyanril - Dunmer Magblade
    Treads-Muddy-Waters - Argonian DK Tank

vAA HM/vHRC HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF/vAS/vDSA/vMA
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it wasn't hard. i sucked pretty bad when housing hit and killing the bandit (or whoever she was) didn't even get my pulse up.

it was tedious. when i went to get it on the second character in a different alliance i was like "okay here we go" and it took forever without having the wayshrines available.

i still wouldn't have complained. i did it a third time the next day. for the cost of a Tea Table, Rough i got a place to put down my stuff and a free travel nearly to a wayshrine from anywhere. it was worth it. this is the first i'm hearing of it, and it doesn't sound like a smart change.