The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fish and Roe

jusplay
jusplay
White fish,you catch them and try your luck filleting them for Roe. But what about the blue and green fish? You cant do anything with them. Would it be a bad idea to maybe be able to fillet them too with a slightly higher chance of Roe? It would put some use to the item instead of just having to destroy or npc it.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Green and blue, from my understanding are treated as "treasures". It doesnt make a lot of sense why and its not the standard that most games have with fishing. Personally, i think it should be changed so they can be filleted with green giving a slightly higher chance of perfect roe and blue giving a decently higher chance of perfect roe.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    The green and blue fish are for the fishing achievements, comparable to the Monster Trophies needed for the monster killer achievement (which are also only good for NPC selling).
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for those fish, and the monster trophies, to be actual items we can display in our homes. Seems such a shame they aren't. They're nothing but vendor trash, missed opportunity IMO.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wondering if getting the fishing achievements have an effect on getting Roe? If not, then would it not make sense to improve the Roe RNG?
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Been wondering if getting the fishing achievements have an effect on getting Roe? If not, then would it not make sense to improve the Roe RNG?
    They don't. It would be a nice mechanic and buff to people who earn them but at this time they don't.

Also there are a number of locations you can fish and not get rare fish (I believe Crows Wood) for those only interested in Roe.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Over the years there have been many great suggestions on how to show fishing some love, but short of adding Perfect Roe (which had less to do with fishing and more to do with needing a place to generate a new mat to make Psijic Ambrosia) and the ability to Filet Fish, ZOS seems to have little interest in improving its appeal.

I would love to see the chance for Perfect Roe increased for those who have put in the time to earn the Master Angler title.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the caught baits could give a slightly better chance at either catching rare fish or getting Perfect Roe. As it is now they serve no purpose at all. They're just... there. I mean what is the point in them existing if they give nothing over gathered bait?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    Maybe the caught baits could give a slightly better chance at either catching rare fish or getting Perfect Roe. As it is now they serve no purpose at all. They're just... there. I mean what is the point in them existing if they give nothing over gathered bait?

Their purpose is to dilute the loot pool (pun not intended) of the fishing holes while providing another method of getting bait besides harvesting plants and buying used bait. I also like selling them at higher prices to people who don't know there's no difference between them and the more baits.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this extensive thread not long ago with improvement suggestions to make fishing more rewarding, appealing and more fully featured. I believe it was quite well received by the angling connoisseurs of the game. It did get MyNameIsElias' seal of approval anyway lol.

And yes, roes and trophy fish are some of the things I make suggestions for in that post.