Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fashion Megathread

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    QGNT8C7.png

That is not an outfit but a transformation. It does look cool though, especially combined with the mount! :)

Honestly I think this thread should be expanded to allow for costumes and polymorphs. The costume thread is dead because it's a niche interest anyway. But sometimes people do come up with some pretty nice costumes/morph combos and dye jobs they'd want to show off. And I don't really see the harm in that.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I empathize, I disagree. Keep costumes separate. Polymorphs with motifs is one thing. The nice thing about outfits is (for the most part) you can design these things, and if another player likes it can replicate it with guidance from the community. Costumes.... Eh it's just whether or not you bought it from ZOS, and have ESO+ to dye it.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to have a companion outfit thread as well?
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I empathize, I disagree. Keep costumes separate. Polymorphs with motifs is one thing. The nice thing about outfits is (for the most part) you can design these things, and if another player likes it can replicate it with guidance from the community. Costumes.... Eh it's just whether or not you bought it from ZOS, and have ESO+ to dye it.

The same is true for the costumes though? There's a lot of costumes and dyes that people don't recognize at a glance. And finding which costume you are wearing can help them to know which costume to set aside some crowns for and not pass it up when it nexts cycles through the crown store. A much more daunting task than simply buying a motif. And the "which dye is that?!?" has the same value whether it's a costume or an outfit.

The only thing about the outfits is that they are totally original so there's a ton of different possible combinations and the same isn't true of costumes. But really we see a lot of similar looks in the outfits people post anyway. With minor variations catered to the personality of that character.
    I think we're missing out on some pretty cool pictures to enjoy not seeing these looks, like the person with wild hunt morph and mount took a pretty cool one. And the players are missing out on a place to show off their style. That seems a shame to me.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's some from the PTS:

Test Chracter:
    RcwCZv4.png

Bastian Hallix:
    jWtbijj.png

Mirri Elendis:
    p4BaNLg.png
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Here's some from the PTS:

Test Chracter:
    RcwCZv4.png

Bastian Hallix:
    jWtbijj.png

Mirri Elendis:
    p4BaNLg.png

Those are outfits from the Costume tabs or you can choose how to outfit them with the motifs you know ?
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're outfits. When you go to an Outfit or Dye Station, there are tabs you can choose, one for you and one for your active Companion. Weapons don't show up in there currently.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Making an outfit is different from just equiping a polymorph. Costumes are a bit more customisable but they are still quite simple compared to outfits, and there is a thread for costumes already. This is the Outfit Megathread, not Appearance Megathread.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Making an outfit is different from just equiping a polymorph. Costumes are a bit more customisable but they are still quite simple compared to outfits, and there is a thread for costumes already. This is the Outfit Megathread, not Appearance Megathread.

There's no thread for costumes. Old one is dead
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think costumes are fine as they don't pop up as often, and might attract more attention to the thread, thereby bringing more outfit ideas and showcases. I understand the want to keep them separate, but when a thread has gone on this long, it's pretty fine to amend the rules a bit.

Polymorphs, however, don't need to be shown off as everyone knows what they look like (regular npcs tbh). It would be fine though if the scene in which you're presenting them in is like actually cool, like a Daedric torture chamber and you're the torturer, then that's fine, but nobody wants to see all those skeleton polymorphs.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, this is not my character, but I was in Reaper's March and he totally rocked "the throne"

DGyWKl3.png

Second:
    I think costumes are fine as they don't pop up as often, and might attract more attention to the thread,

Therein lies the danger.

I have seen too many threads "discontinue" by random ZoS-ites just because they are old (and yes I am still peeved about the murder of "thread for PC users" which was a safe haven for many good discussions).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let’s compromise then. People can post creative mixing of costumes and dyes etc., so long as they post it along with pictures of outfits/motifs? That way, we all get to enjoy the variety and creativity <3
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only outfits no costumes. :)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

It's not. It's there, it just need a push by having people bother post in it instead of here.

It just isn't as popular as this one because costumes aren't as customizable and varied.

Costumes Megathread
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 25, 2021 8:23PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lets log in on our necro and do something about that costume thread!
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on April 25, 2021 8:44PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not. It's there, it just need a push by having people bother post in it instead of here.

It just isn't as popular as this one because costumes aren't as customizable and varied.

Costumes Megathread

The last post is over 30 days old and it's gotten 2 pages in a year. It's dead.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as it looks cool and is related to fashion I will post it here, it may not get 10 "awesome", but it may inspire someone.

Have you ever seen a money in a Wild Hunt Transformation ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMskkdcF2kY
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Costumes Megathread

Well, it's on the people that want to show of their costumes to keep the thread alive and well. If you want to keep it going, then just keep posting there. Keep it on first page so people see it more often. But maybe there's just no big interest in showing off costumes at all?
    The only thing about the outfits is that they are totally original so there's a ton of different possible combinations and the same isn't true of costumes.

I think that is the reason why costume threads are lacking attention.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we can file it all under the category of fashion, I think part of the larger appeal of this dedicated outfit creation thread is hunting for the plethora of available motifs and using "our' creativity to mix and match something that is cohesive and unique that actually competes with using available costumes. They have appeal, but I just don't wear any of the costumes I've obtained anymore, as I've developed 10 looks that are centric to my character. And I appreciate seeing everyone elses unique take on it and how they make fashion part of the individual lore of their character.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep costume to the costume thread
    They take way less creativity to do than outfit

Its on costume wearer to keep their thread alive
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You try out the costumes on your companions and post them too. It's still your costume.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Costumes Megathread

Well, it's on the people that want to show of their costumes to keep the thread alive and well. If you want to keep it going, then just keep posting there. Keep it on first page so people see it more often. But maybe there's just no big interest in showing off costumes at all?
    The only thing about the outfits is that they are totally original so there's a ton of different possible combinations and the same isn't true of costumes.

I think that is the reason why costume threads are lacking attention.

Yes. It's literally too niche for it to make any sense to have It's own thread. I think this thread would be fine if like 10 people posted their costume in a year. I really don't see how someone is harmed by having to dislike one post in an entire month. Makes no sense to me.

And frankly whenever some new (to the thread) player excitedly shows their costume only to be told off for not wearing an outfit, I seldom see them ever again. They have an absolutely miserable first experience to what should be a forum that encourages creativity rather than kills it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 26, 2021 9:45PM
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me show you my Planescape Torment character set :p
    Know that as this is ESO, for some character I can only make them "feel like" Planescape characters :*
    Please show me your "impersonation" if you think yours is also cool!

My main
    He is not really one of the Planescape characters when I created him way back
    But I would like to think he is one of the incarnation that travelled far, preferably after his redemption
    https://ibb.co/XZCGrr9

Morte the Skull
    Morte, enough said :p How I wish I can give him the Angur's voice
    (Forgive me for the little joke about using hammer and sickle as weapons...I can't find teeth
    https://ibb.co/5nBcNdr

Dak'kon Githzerai
    The old loyal Dak'kon with his mind sword
    https://ibb.co/BZkvrbY

Annah Tiefling
    It was a hard decision to use Khajiit....the things I do for tail :p
    https://ibb.co/PTJTk9h

Xachariah Blindshot
    The one I had most freedom creating...a sightless brash warrior
    https://ibb.co/sWnQw5h

Fall-from-Grace I
    I feel like I did not do her justice..but to get the wings I need to use the Welkynar (also picked dragonknight for her to get extra wings)
    There is no ESO personality like her so I had to use the custom idle animation addon
    https://ibb.co/8jG6m0V

Ignus Smoldering
    Gotta find a momento that makes him flame up
    Needless to say he is going to use the firewalker personality once it's out
    https://ibb.co/31xr6xt

Nordom Modron
    Well....face it, I'm not going to make him any more like a robot, I tried XD
    https://ibb.co/yhv3j5K

Vhailor of Justice
    One of my favorite. The outfit looks cool especially with the red eyes behind helmet
    https://ibb.co/NpRMSCY

Deionarra Ghostsong
    I hope I got that sad lonely ghosty feeling right
    https://ibb.co/Bf8Hqyc

• MissingCosmos
    MissingCosmos
    ✭✭
    "Silver Knight" Yisrille

y1.png

More of Her
    y2.png
    y3.png

Celia Nightgrass

c1.png

More of Her
    C2.png

Alea the Beast

a1.png

More of Her
    a2.png

Qo'zmos

cos1.png

More of Him
    co2.png
    co3.png
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creativity is allowed to anyone. Some can do extaordinary outfits, some can not but have still great idea to personally modify a costume (colors, personality, and appearance).

I do not enjoy costume personally because those are not unique.

But i agree when some of us says that there is no harm in welcoming outfits. You dont like it, pass. You think the person made something great with that costume, then show it.

Separating is not always the way to go. If we follow the separate road, then we may miss something. Lets be a whole in creativity and smile
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Main - StamDK
    Screenshot-20210427-121746.png
    My most recent character - Magicka Necromancer
    Screenshot-20210427-120853.png
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on April 27, 2021 4:22PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost like looking in the Mirri :smiley:
    m2.png
    And both can ride the same mount at the same time:
    m3.png

"Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    QGNT8C7.png

That is not an outfit but a transformation. It does look cool though, especially combined with the mount! :)

Actually, that is incorrect.That's an outfit with a transformation memento applied on top of it. The memento takes the underlying outfit into consideration, similar to how dyes are applied.

If he were to go into the appearance menu and click "Hide Your Helm," you'd be able see his toon's whole head/face. Similarly, if he were to go to an outfit station put big bulky plate mail on his toon, that would be reflected as well. Any change he makes to his toon's outfit/weapons/etc is reflected by the memento.

So he posted in the correct thread.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana is the original poster of the Outfit and Costume threads, as far as I'm concerned it's up to them whether or not people can start posting their Costume outfits in this thread or not. That being said, I have a character wearing a costume and hat I'd share, but will wait for their opinion.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    [img][/img]rsPkgK3.png

This is Skinchanger with Wayward chest and Staff, high elf for shoulders :)