The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone explain what is happening with the new dyes?

VonNelson
VonNelson
✭✭✭
Am I going to have to craft an item at every level to deconstruct again to learn the dye?
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear god, I hope not :/
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is happening with the current dye functionality. Anyone can dye crafted items with dyes they have unlocked. Anyone with ESO+ can dye costumes. With the new outfit system you can dye outfits with dyes you have unlocked, but there is a gold cost to dying an outfit.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is happening with the current dye functionality. Anyone can dye crafted items with dyes they have unlocked. Anyone with ESO+ can dye costumes. With the new outfit system you can dye outfits with dyes you have unlocked, but there is a gold cost to dying an outfit.

There is also a new thing where materials grant dyes. OP? I have not read it all, so I'm confused too!
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought there were new dyes associated with the levels of existing clothing.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    There are 10 material levels, so you only need to craft and deconstruct 10 items.
    BASE GAME UPDATES

[*]Material Dyes
    • In addition to the existing dyes, we've also added a new category of "Material" or "Mixed" dyes. These dyes correspond to the color of gear crafted from each of the ten ranks of durable materials, and are each unlocked by deconstructing a piece of equipment made from materials of that rank.
    • For example, deconstructing an iron axe will unlock the "Rank 1 Materials" dye, which matches the colors found on Iron, Rawhide, Jute, or Maple equipment.
    • This allows you the flexibility to recreate any look you may have found appealing while leveling up through various tiers of equipment.
    Edited by Naomi_K on February 12, 2018 1:48PM
    PC EU
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Naomi_K