The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting stuck sitting down on chair/benches

Valkysas154
Valkysas154
✭✭✭✭✭
This started for me in Morrowind pts i bugged it then but took a brake from the game shortly after MW came out but i just came back about a week ago and still getting stuck on chairs when i sit in them only way i can get out of them is to use a potion, please take a look into this thanks.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes using a memento or an emote will break it and let you get up. It is annoying though especially with hostiles respawing and you're stuck in a chair or on a bench.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening, have to force close the game, mementos or emotes won't work to break it.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Valkysas154 @SpiderKnight
    1. If you don't want to use a potion (which one do you use?), or potions and/or emotes don't work, then open the Map and port your character to a Wayshrine -- if the character has at least 149 GP to pay for it. That has always worked for me, and it is the method offered by <F1> Help > Customer Support > Character Stuck. If I recall correctly, accessing the <F1> feature to teleport won't cost any GP.
    2. Open the Map, select a Homestead which you own, then teleport to it, which should not cost any GP. Leaving the Homestead by teleporting to a Wayshrine any time soon thereafter will cost GP, however. If instead the character exits the Homestead instance into Tamriel, and moves to a Wayshrine, then the character should be able to teleport to any other Wayshrine or Homestead without paying GP.
    3. If you are a member of a Guild, then you could also presumably open the Guild UI, use the Roster to find the character which owns the Guild Hall, then right-click on the character's name and select "Travel to Primary Residence". That usually does not cost any GP. The costs afterward are the same as porting to or from a Homestead which you own.

Of course, these are just time-consuming work-arounds for errors in the game software that, IMHO, should have been fixed in the next patch after they were reported. However, since there are workarounds, the ZOS developers are not likely to spend the time to make the effort to correct their flaws and errors.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 2, 2018 7:43AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire Porting doesn't work though, not on PS4 anyway, that's why I said I'm forced to close the game.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please fix this? I had to redo a public dungeon because of this. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Choos teleport to Home, when character gets up from chair you can start moving around to cancel the teleport. Thats one way of getting out from chairs/benches.
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    This started for me in Morrowind pts i bugged it then but took a brake from the game shortly after MW came out but i just came back about a week ago and still getting stuck on chairs when i sit in them only way i can get out of them is to use a potion, please take a look into this thanks.

Most people are actually, slaying monsters, or doing pvp. but if logging in to sit in a chair turns you on, I say go for it.