Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling mages guild after story?

MrZeeck
MrZeeck
✭✭✭
So I've completed the main story line for the mages guild, but only got it up to a bit over level 5. Is the only way to continue to level it up to find lore books or are there any side quests related to the mages guild that I have missed?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no other quests so you need collect the blue glowing lore books, that's the only way sadly.

There are guides and add-ons (for PC/Mac) which show where they are for quicker levelling.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lorebooks
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    There are no other quests so you need collect the blue glowing lore books, that's the only way sadly.

There are guides and add-ons (for PC/Mac) which show where they are for quicker levelling.

Alright, thanks for the info :) Thought that might be the case. Back to hunting books for me then.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Mage's guild daily (recovering Sheogorath associated artifacts from public dungeons) makes progress towards the guild level also.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    The Mage's guild daily (recovering Sheogorath associated artifacts from public dungeons) makes progress towards the guild level also.

Yeah we had a large group sharing their quests with everyone the other day doing these. We got lots of mages guild xp, skill points from the group event bosses and Dragur motifs too. Good time was had by all.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Yes, this is how my characters finish the trip to level 10. Works great.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    trust me, do the daily don't just wait until you find the notebooks to get XP for mages guild, I did that for the first month after finishing the guilds main story line because I am not too too big on doing Dailies unless they are the really important ones or pledges for monster sets but in that time combined with all the ground I cover/ books I found I was only able to go from level 5 to halfway thru level 6 which seemed to really take forever. One day a guild member I was playing with had the quest helped me pick it up and ran it together that is when I realized its not so bad and actually gives you quite a big of amount of XP compared to lore books, it also doesn't take very long to do even solo so I would say it is definitely worth it doing Dailies from certain places to help level the skill line faster, some even give overland gear pieces that maybe hard to get.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**