Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

The Face-Snaked Queen

Axmalexia
Axmalexia
✭✭✭
I'm rather curious. Who would say that ESOs portrayal of Almalexia is to her Morrowind: Tribunal counterpart? Do you like her portrayal or would you rather it fit with standing Lore?

For me personally with her being my favorite Tribune (I know, unpopular opinion) I felt as if she was lackluster, there wasn't much of the Mother Mercy to her but yet there was a lot of the Warden aspect of her. With her defending her City, and people, though it seemed as if this overshadowed Mother Morrowind or Mother Mercy, the Lover and Healing Mother aspects of her. What possibly draws the most ire I suppose is her usage of saying "Appearances are everything!" It doesn't seem like anything pre-Tribunal (TES III) Almalexia would just say at any point.

In comparison to the Lore we got with Vivec and Sotha Sil, it seems like they dwarf her in having the most written about them and how they are fan favorites; meanwhile, Almalexia is here with just her Blessed Homilies and stories for the Morning, Afternoon and Evening. Would you like new Lore over her? Or what would you rather see?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur; I was kind of hoping we'd see her when she wasn't axe-crazy in ESO. It's kind of hard to believe everyone calls her 'Mother Morrowind' when the only facet she seems to have is the selfish me-me-me kill the unbelievers! facet. How did she get a reputation for being kind and caring when she's manifestly not? And if it was a deliberate PR choice, why does she want to be perceived as kind and caring when she isn't?

I cut her a little slack because ESO is probably a bit of a stressful time for her - we learned from one of the Ebonheart quests the Tribunal haven't made their pilgrimage to Red Mountain lately (which on an unrelated note still hasn't been explained) so she hasn't topped off her power recently, plus the Dark Anchors dropping everywhere probably isn't doing the Tribunal's image as gods much good. Still. I'd understand her public characterization better if, for example, she'd made a brief appearance to heal a few plague carriers as a deliberate PR stunt and warped off someplace else as soon as she was done. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having just played Tribunal, that ending scene in Clockwork City where Sotha Sil talks about Almalexia is pretty much right on the nose. I thought she was well-presented in the Deshaan storyline back when she was the only Tribune in the game in any real role, but I agree that she's been largely overshadowed by Vivec and Sotha Sil with the latest content.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, I'm fine with the depiction of Almalexia. She isn't as compassionate or kind as she's made out to be in Vivecs Sermons (which are about 40% *** already), but it would make even less sense for her to actually be like that in real life.

The Tribunal essentially holds Morrowind hostage (literally, in the case of Vivec and Baar Dau), and it seems like the Nerevar betrayal story is the more accurate version, according to Sotha Sil and Vivec. If Almalexia was as kind and caring as the stories make her out to be, I'd find it odd she'd murder her husband for the use of the Heart.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it's all just sarcasm. She is the "benevolent mother" because if anyone says something else, they have to expect the inquisition knocking at their door.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I bet it's all just sarcasm. She is the "benevolent mother" because if anyone says something else, they have to expect the inquisition knocking at their door.

"Did you clean your room like I asked you too?"

"Yes, Benevolent Mother..." *grumble, grumble*

(My sister and I may have gone through a phase of telling our mother "Yes, your Majesty," when she asked us to do something. Being an English teacher, my mother whipped up a "Your Majesty" form so that if we really wanted to call her that, we could write sentences about it.)