The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which addon results in long duration of reloadui

Drembo14_ESO
Drembo14_ESO
✭✭✭
I have many addons. But when I play several hours the overall performance is bad en then I do a reloadui and performance is better. But reloadui duration is almost a minute. When I have no addons then the reloadui is just few seconds

Best Answer

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's usually one of the addons that has a large database attached to it. Harvest Map, Master Merchant (or similar), things like those.
    Answer ✓
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Destinations is a killer too.
    eisley the worst
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every addon which cannot use ingame API functions to gather the data on the fly but needs to save it locally in files will stress the loading times more than other addons.
    Addons which big saved variables files like guild store saved data, etc. as well as the data needs to be loaded into the memory.

Simply disable addons like master Merchant and others if not needed (during dungeon fights). You can use an addon profile addon to do this with some clicks, like these:
    Addon profiles (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info477-AddonProfiles.html) -> Old and discontinued but working fine for me
    Circonian's Addon Selector (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1161-CirconiansAddonSelector.html) More up2date and with more features and an active addon counter
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a good advice: never play the game right after the update, many addon are not updated yet and cause bugs....wait a week or two until all the addons get updated, then play!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hm, this is not the whole story. Most active addon devs are updating their addons even before the patch is there by using the PTS to test it.

But this time the source code of the PTS was not the same as on the live servers after the patch was applied and thus some addons crashed or didn ot work properly, but they did on the PTS. We need to rely on the game's info and if this differs all of sudden noone is able to react in time, excep the users:
    Disable the addons and just play without all, maybe your named "week", and test here and there if the game is behaving properly then.

I'm not going to stop playing because of non working addons :p It's up to you, but disabling them is way easier o:)
    Edited by Baertram on February 15, 2018 11:01AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    a good advice: never play the game right after the update, many addon are not updated yet and cause bugs....wait a week or two until all the addons get updated, then play!

Most addons I use were updated after two days. Never had to wait two weeks as far as I know
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer