Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I just sold a bound item to my guild store

Jedi1josh
Jedi1josh
✭✭
So I had a purple staff equipped as my main weapon, but have been only using my backup weapon and never used my main one the entire time it was equiped. I eventually got a better staff to equip in my first slot, so I did and then went to dump all my purple items in the guild store. After I did that I went to go to a merchant to sell my purple staff assuming it was still there, but it wasn't in my inventory. I went back to the guild store to double check and sure enough there it is listed as an item for sale. Did this happen because it was never used, or was there something I'm missing with the rules to bound items? Also it could be a possible glitch since I had two exact copies of the staff, one bound and one not, which is probably how I came to sell it in the guild store without realizing it was my bound weapon.

Best Answer

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set items, that is crafted and overland is bound the first time you use it, if you never use it you can sell it.
    None set items is not bound, some quest rewards are named weapons but not set.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:12AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots or it didn't happen ... you can check master merchant if you have the add-on installed.
  • Jedi1josh
    Jedi1josh
    ✭✭
    No add on. I'm on ps4