The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Craft System

Tanis-Stormbinder
Tanis-Stormbinder
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we will soon have a new Outfit system, I would love to see a jewelry crafting system introduced. Maybe it could be added to the base game allowing us to create jewelry from craftable sets and ESO plus members would be allowed to upgrade drop and trial sets. This might rise new subscriptions. Your thoughts?
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people want it including me. We have wanted it for years but it would require a massive rebalancing effort since it would allow people to use two full crafted sets which when stacked together can become a little OP
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never going to happen, rule one of crafting systems is make sure the little beggars can’t craft everything, creates a flow of interactions and use of activities which in turn means more play time spent and more cash generated. Why else do you think that some of the most useful sets are dungeon farm only
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know how to create my own thread, on my phone at the moment but last night before I logged off was scrolling through my feed on xbox and saw a screenshot a GM of a guild I'm in showing someone asking for a price check in guild chat for a master writ of an ancestor silk ring with a healthy trait can't remember the name of the set but I know its not a current in game set. May be something to jewelry crafting and it already coded in?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely they probably just mis-typed, @Camb0Sl1ce. It was probably an ancestor silk armor piece (and not a ring).

Jewelry crafting was datamined in the most recent datamining post from the folks at the UESP ... but there’s a long ways to go before it’s announced and goes Live (including PTS testing).
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    @Taeof2Cities i have a screenshot of the writ I would post it if I knew how lol
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, indeed a bug!

Be sure to report it in-game ...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There some datamined information that point in the directino of jewelcrafting so could be , we dont know :)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should also be noted that people can link "false" items in the game by entering the proper code. My guess is someone was trolling area chat, or whatever, for the sake of reaction.

It's also improbable that a ring, if jewelcrafting was introduced, would be constructed out of ancestor silk.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if ZOS doesn't introduce jewel crafting, I think currently jewelry should be upgradeable via the Enchanting skill line.

Maybe take four Aspect runes of each type to upgrade to that quality level?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting has been datamined ... so it could debut as soon as the upcoming Summerset chapter. Or, ZOS may decide not to do it.

Either way, Aspect runes are pretty plentiful these days. I support your idea, but upgrading should be more difficult than that.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting has been datamined ... so it could debut as soon as the upcoming Summerset chapter. Or, ZOS may decide not to do it.

Either way, Aspect runes are pretty plentiful these days. I support your idea, but upgrading should be more difficult than that.
    Good call. I'm down with costly upgrading. It would just be nice to know we have the option, at some point.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 kutas = ring purple ---> gold

200 kutas = necklace purple ---> gold

Based on commonality of kutas, this is about the rate I would expect.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well jewelry crafting is coming with Summerset and looks like we will be able to upgrade all drop sets