The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ability To See Crafted Style

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
So, not sure if this is automatically coming in Dragon Bones from the style change, but @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , can you please add the "style" of an item in the description of an armor or weapon piece? I often craft stuff by just looking things up in ESO Fashion and going with what I like. But, later on I forget what style I made it in case I want to replicate it or tell someone what it is. There are so many motifs/styles out there now, it would be helpful to know what it is for those of us who don't remember months or years later.

If this is coming next patch, disregard.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple addons do this on PC. I think I get my motif data from Craft Store, though there are other options.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC you can use:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1058-TraitBuddy.html
    But you're essentially right. This should be part of the base UI.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple addons do this on PC. I think I get my motif data from Craft Store, though there are other options.

Sorry, I hate when I am not clear.

This is on Xbox.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, not sure if this is automatically coming in Dragon Bones from the style change, but @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , can you please add the "style" of an item in the description of an armor or weapon piece? I often craft stuff by just looking things up in ESO Fashion and going with what I like. But, later on I forget what style I made it in case I want to replicate it or tell someone what it is. There are so many motifs/styles out there now, it would be helpful to know what it is for those of us who don't remember months or years later.

If this is coming next patch, disregard.

Xbox, sorry
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that Dragon Bones will add a "Preview" feature to all pieces before you craft them, similar to the furniture preview right now.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am on pc and have an add on for it but I do find it incomprehensible that they add 50+ different armor styles to the game and no way to check what's what.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the discussion loses the point: You're wanting the "tooltip" description of an item to include the motif, right? Just like it tells you whether it's light/medium/heavy and what trait it has etc. You already know what it looks like, but not how that happened.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Before the discussion loses the point: You're wanting the "tooltip" description of an item to include the motif, right? Just like it tells you whether it's light/medium/heavy and what trait it has etc. You already know what it looks like, but not how that happened.

Yes. With dozens of motifs, and an aging memory...and a game that is designed to last years, I likely won't remember what motif style I used to craft something. Even now I don't have many of the motifs. I just look up styles, find what I like at that moment, and look for someone to craft. Fast forward months or years, and I likely am not going to remember what motif I used for it. As you said, I think the style should be noted in the item description. Perhaps that is already happening as part of the transmorgification (or whatever it's called) coming with Dragon Bones. But if not....it needs to be added. I should be able to see an item, and see the style in case I want to replicate it down the road, or someone asks because they want the same thing.
    Edited by ol_BANK_lo on February 12, 2018 7:49PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice for another reason entirely. Case in point:

I do daily Dreloth urn runs on several alts for furnishing plans, recipes, etc. Among the countless 0-value, white armor/weapons, I get the occasional green weapon/armor piece. I used to sell them along with all the 0-value crap to my merchant when my inventory got full, but in the last week I decided to bank them and deconstruct them with my new character as a quick source of inspiration. That's when I realized that even the non-set pieces also drop in different styles, and consequently, can drop those style materials when deconstructed.

Where this comes into play is for the rarer style mats, in this groundbreaking instance, ash canvas. I typically only deconstruct blue/purple items for their tempers, and historically sold green/white ones for the gold value because I have a plethora of green tempers.

Back to the main idea of this thread. Once you know which motif a certain set item drops in (i.e. Red Mountain = Ashlander), you know you'll have a chance at the ash canvas style material any time you decon an armor or weapon from that set, but the basic, non-set items don't tell you anything about what style they dropped in, and is random (probably zone-based) as far as I can tell. Having the tooltip describe the style would provide valuable insight into items I should deconstruct for the chance at style mats, rather than sell.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I think it would be nice for another reason entirely. Case in point:

I do daily Dreloth urn runs on several alts for furnishing plans, recipes, etc. Among the countless 0-value, white armor/weapons, I get the occasional green weapon/armor piece. I used to sell them along with all the 0-value crap to my merchant when my inventory got full, but in the last week I decided to bank them and deconstruct them with my new character as a quick source of inspiration. That's when I realized that even the non-set pieces also drop in different styles, and consequently, can drop those style materials when deconstructed.

Where this comes into play is for the rarer style mats, in this groundbreaking instance, ash canvas. I typically only deconstruct blue/purple items for their tempers, and historically sold green/white ones for the gold value because I have a plethora of green tempers.

Back to the main idea of this thread. Once you know which motif a certain set item drops in (i.e. Red Mountain = Ashlander), you know you'll have a chance at the ash canvas style material any time you decon an armor or weapon from that set, but the basic, non-set items don't tell you anything about what style they dropped in, and is random (probably zone-based) as far as I can tell. Having the tooltip describe the style would provide valuable insight into items I should deconstruct for the chance at style mats, rather than sell.

Ahhh, good point.
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I am on PC but do not have any add-ons as mentioned above ; yet now I do see the style type on the tool tip of armor and weapons. I believe this was added in with the new patch

Regards,
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The update does add this! I noticed it on the PTS, but also have played a bit on PC since the update. The style is listed right after the armor weight/type, so now it will say "light gloves - dark elf" for example.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The update does add this! I noticed it on the PTS, but also have played a bit on PC since the update. The style is listed right after the armor weight/type, so now it will say "light gloves - dark elf" for example.
    Malkorga wrote: »
    I am on PC but do not have any add-ons as mentioned above ; yet now I do see the style type on the tool tip of armor and weapons. I believe this was added in with the new patch

Regards,

Thank you both. Good to hear.