The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FIX THE DAMN LAG!!!!!

Lord_Invel
Lord_Invel
✭✭✭
Zos you should be ashamed of yourselves that you have had this game out for 4 years ... and the servers are still trash. Fix the damn lag for goodness sake! Like honestly what the hell is this lag. The game isn't even playable for pvp and pve during prime time. Did I not mention the game has been out for nearly 4 years smh. Unbelievable that this issue hasn't been dealt with as top priority. Shame on you Zenimax for being lazy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe AOE cap removal will magically solve all the problems. Also it’s usually worse when PTS is out. And then it will be worse because of players flooding back to try the outfit system and new content. But there might be a week or two before next PTS where it functions better. ESO is the game we love to hate.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 9, 2018 3:43AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True what vapirko said but all things considered TESO is still the game I play with the worst lag
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows... I still have trouble barswapping and timing the burst because of lag. Makes everything go off 1 (if it is generous) to 5 seconds later after pressing a button. Or barswaps twice so it is back to the bar I don't need. Even 1v1 fights are like I am fighting while being in a goo. So laggy.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's pretty bad.
  • cameron90_ESO
    cameron90_ESO
    ✭✭
    I fully agree. Fixing the lag should be the top priority for ZOS. This is an MMO after all...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even in belkarth in craglorn it was going wierd, lag spikes that always turn up when you moving the mouse so that the camera spins like crazy, it’s giving me motion sickness, been through it on my end with a fine tooth comb, whatever’s grinding this things gears is deffinately on their end
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is sad to know that no matter how bad balance is - lags are always worse.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats internet lag
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Maybe AOE cap removal will magically solve all the problems. Also it’s usually worse when PTS is out. And then it will be worse because of players flooding back to try the outfit system and new content. But there might be a week or two before next PTS where it functions better. ESO is the game we love to hate.

Perhaps the focus should be on, how this issue "magically" came to be. Many people mentioned it back then and showed videos about it for comparison. The fact, that a new visual layout was not being reversed since then, proves that they really don't care. It's subjective augmentation of optics > performance for them.
    Edited by Kelces on February 11, 2018 1:03AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Zos you should be ashamed of yourselves that you have had this game out for 4 years ... and the servers are still trash. Fix the damn lag for goodness sake! Like honestly what the hell is this lag. The game isn't even playable for pvp and pve during prime time. Did I not mention the game has been out for nearly 4 years smh. Unbelievable that this issue hasn't been dealt with as top priority. Shame on you Zenimax for being lazy.

what he said ^^^^
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    im used to playing with 250 ping
    NA-PC
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hardly acceptable overall, but in these huge zerg clashes in Cyrodiil - which is pretty much what we have today, it's unacceptable. You need to learn how to play a whole new way, Basically check your skillbar most of the time, to see if your abilities did fire, or if that bar swap really went through (big difference to suddenly Ambush jump into a zerg, instead of popping Shadow).

Seems like some abilities fail to go through completely at these times. I've noticed that I can get the "aim" of a meteor on me, I block for like 20 seconds, but there's no impact whatsoever. Not that it's a bad thing there and then, but it shows this is way out of control.
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    I just rage quitted, and going to cancel my ESO+ since PvP is impossible right now. Hit ambush, I see the weapon animation, but the character doesn't get teleported... 3 seconds later I appear where my target was, but the enemy is now somewhere else. Is total crap, I cant even land 2 attacks in a row.
    This is not even with the zerg and 120-150ms latency.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last patch while good in terms of content made the game unplayable for me.

Weapon swaps are way out of sync for me now most of the time. I can usually play through most lag to an extent but this weapon switch lag is too much for me.

Taking a break and hoping next incremental patch resolves it.

Edited by Sureshawt on February 16, 2018 8:31PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since patch I've had to dip out of Scalecaller (vet in case this is a question) 3x due to being healer and having unplayable lag. Cleared 8 times, of those 8 times, 3 were pure luck due to lag, like can't move and all is still and poof! Cleared!

I also had to drop and log out 3x due to dragging around the floor dead to my teammates - 2nd, 4th and 5th boss - the lag hit so hard I was unable to do anything at all.

That cannot be right.
    Edited by Mureel on February 15, 2018 10:59PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today felt like I was playing a game on smallband:

- huge delay when using skills/attacks, it was impossible to see where or if the skill fired
    - the more players showed up, the more the game became a slideshow
    - when too many players were around, it would freeze and disconnect
    - every time when I logged back in and picked my char, I would get an infinite load screen before getting kicked back to the login screen (takes about 5-6 such attempts before I'm able to play again, ported back to North High Rock gate each time)

What was to be a nice relaxing evening of PvP, turned into the most boring slideshow of ESO
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I just came back today and played for the first time in a while just to see how this new patch is. And I have to say I am very disappointed. This patch is very laggy. There are like so many lag spikes and fps drops out the ass. I honestly cant believe you guys are so lazy as to not even fix this lag at all. How long has this game been out for now? Its quite ridiculous if you ask me. Shame on you for having such a bad patch release, having the game been out for 4 years and lag is still an issue.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭

nothing to see here move on everything is working as intended
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

nothing to see here move on everything is working as intended

honestly I play eso like once every two weeks now that's how bad the game has become no joke. And on that day I only play like one hour or less. It is quite pathetic.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried disabling all my add-ons as all were out of date and my performance seemed to go up. To early to judge by just one session tho.
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    Have had times when lag has been bad quite often since starting playing pvp several months back, but this bar swap lag after latest patch just makes it almost unplayable. For the first time I feel like the amount of lag is starting to put me off going into cyro as much. If they care about pvp this really needs looking at.

Also other strange stuff like suddenly not being able to go through keep gates on a mount regularly. Never had that problem before this patch. Am wondering if the game having to process so many people wearing new outfits has made things way worse or something. Whatever it is it needs fixing if pvp is going to be played to even the laggy standards that we had before.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Just another friendly daily reminder to fix the lag :smile: !!! Don't know when it will be taken seriously. But it is really ridiculous that lag is a daily issue.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally just left Vivic on Saturday Night 2/17/18 because of the lag and crashing. Not to mention getting stuck in combat animations over and over again. Was a complete waste of my time to even play in Cyrodiil. PC/NA server. The lag in this game has been going on way to long and frankly I see no end in sight. To the engineers and delves you should be totally ashamed of the poor game performance and bugs especially since this game has been live now for several years.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax can I play your game once without being disconnected from your servers. Just like one day please can your fps not drop to 12 fps and not have ping spikes of 999. When will you take your business seriously? I play other games and I don't have these problems at all. Cause their company knows what's going on. But frankly it seems like you don't care AT ALL. And I'm very upset. Nothing good to say about this game it is just a great disappointment. Every patch you bring 10 new plagues to the game.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentGiftedFlyNerfBlueBlaster pretty much all that needs to be said
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on February 19, 2018 5:29PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this won't fix everyones problem but if you are on PC experiencing major lag then try this.

1. Take your computer and throw it out the window.
    2. Put it in the trash

Just teasing. :)

1. Unplug your modem ( if needed take the battery out ) for a few minutes
    2. Update all your addons ( I think this is what actually solved my problems )
    3. Restart your computer

I was lagging ever since the last DLC ( in PvE and PvP ). After I rebooted my modem, updated addons, and restarted my computer then everything went back to normal and no lag even in Vivec.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm sure this won't fix everyones problem but if you are on PC experiencing major lag then try this.

1. Take your computer and throw it out the window.
    2. Put it in the trash

Just teasing. :)

1. Unplug your modem ( if needed take the battery out ) for a few minutes
    2. Update all your addons ( I think this is what actually solved my problems )
    3. Restart your computer

I was lagging ever since the last DLC ( in PvE and PvP ). After I rebooted my modem, updated addons, and restarted my computer then everything went back to normal and no lag even in Vivec.

Tell me something I haven't done please lol
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    especially since I don't use addons
  • Cahooots
    Cahooots
    ✭✭
    Have you tried uninstalling ESO?
    ADRESTIA - PC/NA | Aldmeri Dominion
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I've turned off most add-ons and its playing OK now.
    For PVP Vivec is a waste of time for me so I just play Shor all the time and don't really get any lag issues.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
This discussion has been closed.