The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for an addon that adds "You have entered [Zone Name]" text to chat upon zone-in.

Twenty0zTsunami
Twenty0zTsunami
✭✭✭✭
I know as a matter of fact that there is (was) one floating around on ESOUI. I thought it would probably be the "zone name alert" but that's just an upgrade to the on-screen text-alerts.

It very well could be that this is what has become of the add-on I am looking for, but I am hoping not, as the chat update served a pretty specific purpose, which I would like to utilize again.

If anyone has a name for the addon, I'd be very grateful.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZAM Stats might have been what you remember? No longer supported. I don't think it went to chat, though. I don't know of any current addons that do this.

I guess I have to ask why this information is useful?
    Edited by Elsonso on February 9, 2018 11:41AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The zone name is displayed on the loading screen when you enter it, and it's usually long enough to read it. Also the game displays the name of the sub-zone (ex. Reaper's March: Jodewood) is displayed somewhere. Or you can simply open the map and read the zone name there. I really see no point in such an addon.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd's Toolbar will still show your zone location if enabled.

Not quite as in-your-face as requested, but it's an option.

You can also enable zone name in the AUI Minimap, I believe.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    I would have done this a long time ago if I only we could use custom sound effects. Dark Souls font and audio when entering a major zone area? Yes please.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    The zone name is displayed on the loading screen when you enter it, and it's usually long enough to read it. Also the game displays the name of the sub-zone (ex. Reaper's March: Jodewood) is displayed somewhere. Or you can simply open the map and read the zone name there. I really see no point in such an addon.

Im aware of this but there are certain circumstances where this simply isn't helpful. Specifically while hopping between zones to recruit.

It's simply much more helpful to be able to see if I have entered a new zone since receiving new texts in my chat.

But the good news is I found the addon thanks to the folks at ESOUI forums;

It's called "Now Talking" and if you spend any significant time recruiting for your/a guild, I would recommend it.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZAM Stats might have been what you remember? No longer supported. I don't think it went to chat, though. I don't know of any current addons that do this.

Because I am recruiting for a guild I created. Which means Im hopping between zones incessantly. Sometimes a zone fails to load and I'm back at the same wayshrine without really knowing that the load failed, other times I go afk and forget if/which zone I've gone to, and other times I just cant keep track of whether or not I'v been to alik'r in the last ten minutes. Having the little line of text int he chat that says "YOu are now in [Zone]" I found to be immensely helpful. especially when paired with an add-on for time-stamps.

Also it prevents me from replying to people after leaving a zone. sometimes I'm addressed and don't notice until I've left a zone, and might try to respond in /z without realizing the person I intend to respond to is not actually in the zone I'm in.

Like I said it's not something that's gonna blow anyone's mind, but for this particular application it is quite useful.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd's Toolbar will still show your zone location if enabled.

Not quite as in-your-face as requested, but it's an option.

You can also enable zone name in the AUI Minimap, I believe.

Thanks for the input here, but again, doesn't really help in my particular situation. See the reply above if you want to know the particulars about why I wanted it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I am recruiting for a guild I created. Which means Im hopping between zones incessantly. Sometimes a zone fails to load and I'm back at the same wayshrine without really knowing that the load failed, other times I go afk and forget if/which zone I've gone to, and other times I just cant keep track of whether or not I'v been to alik'r in the last ten minutes. Having the little line of text int he chat that says "YOu are now in [Zone]" I found to be immensely helpful. especially when paired with an add-on for time-stamps.

Also it prevents me from replying to people after leaving a zone. sometimes I'm addressed and don't notice until I've left a zone, and might try to respond in /z without realizing the person I intend to respond to is not actually in the zone I'm in.

Like I said it's not something that's gonna blow anyone's mind, but for this particular application it is quite useful.

Since I turned on Zone chat a while back, I do find that it would be nice to just have a line in the chat box when the main zone changed (not subzones) so that I could tell whether the comment came from my current zone or a previous zone.

The main problem that I see with that is when the game notifies us that our zone changed. I have not really looked into this, but the one zone change event that I did notice a while back does not fire right away when entering a zone. So, for example, going to a wayshrine does not trigger the event. It is necessary to go to the wayshrine, and then move away from the wayshrine, and then the event triggers. Maybe there is another way, though. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

Since I turned on Zone chat a while back, I do find that it would be nice to just have a line in the chat box when the main zone changed (not subzones) so that I could tell whether the comment came from my current zone or a previous zone.

The main problem that I see with that is when the game notifies us that our zone changed. I have not really looked into this, but the one zone change event that I did notice a while back does not fire right away when entering a zone. So, for example, going to a wayshrine does not trigger the event. It is necessary to go to the wayshrine, and then move away from the wayshrine, and then the event triggers. Maybe there is another way, though. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

The problem is having the notification in chat that I've entered a new sub-zone is not the issue. During these activities I seldom leave the wayshrines. but sometimes things happen and it turns out Im unsure if I'm in a new zone, or I forget which zones I've come from, and in both instances having the line of text telling me I've entered a new zone in chat is a simple surefire way to prevent myself from acting in error.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 11, 2018 12:33AM
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Im aware of this but there are certain circumstances where this simply isn't helpful. Specifically while hopping between zones to recruit.

It's simply much more helpful to be able to see if I have entered a new zone since receiving new texts in my chat.

But the good news is I found the addon thanks to the folks at ESOUI forums;

It's called "Now Talking" and if you spend any significant time recruiting for your/a guild, I would recommend it.

Thank you, I used to have this addon but then it got removed..When I go to a new zone and I see the chat..someone asking a question or something, I don't reply because I don't know if the question was from the old zone or new lol. Thanks again :)
    Edited by ViciousBunnii on February 11, 2018 1:22AM
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche