Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I need some help with my stamblade PVE endgame build

JakelDK
JakelDK
✭✭✭
Hey all. I have been playing for 3 years and have mostly run solo and relaxed without any min/max focus. I have been running with basic craftable sets (so i look the way i want, praise be to the outfitsystem) instead of with monster sets and hard to grind procsets. I use hundings rage and nightmother, you know the basic crit and damage without to much math;) also i have been using skills that i thought was fun like flying blade for that assasin feel and the crosbow caus it’s cool (i do switch them out for more AOE focused skills when in a dungeon session)
Now however i though i would try my luck with vet dragonstar arena on account of the sweet Master bow. I got a group of friendly people together, but it quickly became apparent, that my dps was just not good enough and i excused myself to find out how to improve. So my question is simply: What works for you?
I run dualwield and bow, but can offcause switch to 2handed it that is a must. What skills do you use and what sets should i aquire for endgame vet trials and the like? All suggestions and any advice is most welcome.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hunding’s/ spriggan’s to start, usually. Vicious Ophidian from normal trials when you can. That should be it, really.

I find stam dps exceptionally boring and forumlaic, though. So I’m sure more advanced suggestions will follow.
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    Gear is important, but I think even more important are the skills you choose, and your rotation with them. You probably know this but the key to this game (for max sustaine DPS) in terms of skills is always: buff, spam, and execute (in that order). The skills you pick, and the order you move through them, are dictated by that flow.

I currently run (in order) Rearming Trap, Endless Hail, Leeching Strikes, Razor Caltrops, and Poison Injection on BB, and Shrouded Daggers, Relentless Focus, Death Cloak, Surprise Attack and Killer's Blade on FB. LA between all if possible, and KB replaces Surprise below 25%. If I am going for burst (say Public Dungeons or Overland stuff), Flawless Dawnbreaker is on both front and back...In most Group dungeon stuff, Rend is on FB and I may also shift out Shrouded for Bloodcraze (and add weapon potions) depending on what the story is with the healer.

For gear, I actually run Spriggan's and Leviathan, with a Stormfist monster. If you want more details on how these are set up, let me know. And yes, this is not BiS trials gear, but again, I would worry less about your gear at this stage (especially given what you have already), and more about your skills and rotation.

I parse around 25k, but could do higher with more time to perfect rotation.
    Edited by shadowofnarsil on February 9, 2018 1:39AM
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    Gear is important, but I think even more important are the skills you choose, and your rotation with them. You probably know this but the key to this game (for max sustaine DPS) in terms of skills is always: buff, spam, and execute (in that order). The skills you pick, and the order you move through them are dictated by that flow.

I currently run (in order) Rearming Trap, Endless Hail, Leeching Strikes, Razor Caltrops, and Poison Injection on BB, and Shrouded Daggers, Relentless Focus, Death Cloak, Surprise Attack and Killer's Blade on FB. LA between all if possible, and KB replaces Surprise below 25%. If I am going for burst (say Public Dungeons or Overland stuff), Flawless Dawnbreaker is on both front and back...In most Group dungeon stuff, Rend is on FB and I may also shift out Shrouded for Bloodcraze (and add weapon potions) depending on what the story is with the healer.

For gear, I actually run Spriggan's and Leviathan, with a Stormfist monster. If you want more details on how these are set up, let me know.

I parse around around 25k, but could do higher with more time to perfect rotation.
    Thank you for that most indepth anwser!

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Look up Gilliam the rogues stamblade it’s here on the forums and he also has a detailed video on YouTube if you prefer that. He shows his rotation on YouTube as well. I follow his build and am able to pull off 50k dps completely solo