Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Couple of questions

deathrament
I played the game at launch but not for a very long time have i been back. My main problem with the game was the group finder. It was useless back then. I'm wondering what it's like now as a healer? Does it work ok, is there a long wait to get a group together.
Second is it too late for a new player to join at this point?
Is there an auction house in game now or is it still the original system from launch in place?
If i join a dungeon as a healer, am i expected to dps or just mainly heal?
thks for anyone that answers my question
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played the game at launch but not for a very long time have i been back. My main problem with the game was the group finder. It was useless back then. I'm wondering what it's like now as a healer? Does it work ok, is there a long wait to get a group together. The group finder is much better than it was but still has it's issues. As a healer 5 minutes would be a long time in the queue, if it takes ten then I'd just queue again. I think sometimes it says you're queued when you really are not.
    Second is it too late for a new player to join at this point? No, there is a catch-up mechanic in place for post level 50 leveling. You are given 400XP each day that levels 4x as fast as usual, stacking up to 12 days.
    Is there an auction house in game now or is it still the original system from launch in place? No auction house, still the guild trader system.
    If i join a dungeon as a healer, am i expected to dps or just mainly heal? That's going to depend on your group. With an experienced group there may not be a whole lot of healing that needs to be done. Personally I have very low expectations from randoms.
    thks for anyone that answers my question

My personal opinion is that the game has improved a lot since I started playing the game at console launch. Not everything is better but as an overall I'd say it's in a better place.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the game! :)

The GF has (had) its quirks at all times, but it's been working pretty well for the recent past - except for that blunder during the 10 million players event when everybody used it and broke down for quite a while. ;)

As a healer (and tank), you have very short waiting times generally. Random dungeons and daily pledges will pop in like 10-30 seconds.

It's never too late to join as a new player! On the contrary, there have been lots of changes and additions recently that target especially the new and casual players.

The trading system is (I assume) still the same as it was at launch. I wasn't there at launch, but there's no auction house, but individual "guild traders" that guilds can hire, where other players can buy things guild members put up for sale.

As a healer in dungeons, your primary role is to keep the group alive, secondary role is to provide support (resource return, buffs, debuffs), and when there's still time or the dungeon is easy, you can do damage too. :) But you're not generally expected to DPS as a healer.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • deathrament
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Welcome back to the game! :)

The GF has (had) its quirks at all times, but it's been working pretty well for the recent past - except for that blunder during the 10 million players event when everybody used it and broke down for quite a while. ;)

As a healer (and tank), you have very short waiting times generally. Random dungeons and daily pledges will pop in like 10-30 seconds.

It's never too late to join as a new player! On the contrary, there have been lots of changes and additions recently that target especially the new and casual players.

The trading system is (I assume) still the same as it was at launch. I wasn't there at launch, but there's no auction house, but individual "guild traders" that guilds can hire, where other players can buy things guild members put up for sale.

As a healer in dungeons, your primary role is to keep the group alive, secondary role is to provide support (resource return, buffs, debuffs), and when there's still time or the dungeon is easy, you can do damage too. :) But you're not generally expected to DPS as a healer.

Thank you. i'm interested in the battle grounds as well as that was not in the game previously but from what i'm reading there are alot of issues with them.