The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PvP Approval Rating

Kode
Kode
✭✭✭
***This poll is PvP specific.***
Tell them how you feel, are you happy with the current state and direction of PvP in the game?

I know there are various reasons but I don't want to water down the results of the poll with caveats. Feel free to elaborate if you want, but I would like to see how people feel about the game and its direction overall. Try not to focus too much on any one thing unless it is game breaking for you. Are we happy, or unhappy? Do we approve or disapprove.

FYI; I created a topic on the General Discussion to get an idea of overall game approval. But more specifically wanted to see how the PvP community felt.
Edited by Kode on February 6, 2018 9:31PM
Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion

PvP Approval Rating 56 votes

approve
51%
DeadlyRecluseArobainJsmallskaithuzarmoutonShareeCadburyAverageJo3Gam3rbardx86DarkestnghtalephthiagoMorgul667DrethPijngNelothTheDoomsdayMonsterScottOfLibertaliaoXI_Viper_IXoThogardVaranisArano 29 votes
disapprove
48%
arkansas_ESOKodefalcasternub18_ESOSkoomahMinalanMethariorna1i3nzSanctum74AedarylJjitsuboy98LilyOraAddictionXFloppyTouchTormyArthgWhite wabbitroarrKram8ionMarabornwingrionDrakkdjinn 27 votes
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we do this like... on a scale of 1-5?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    disapprove
    That isn't a bad idea, but it gets watered down. I tried to make it more reflective of the presidential approval result... % approval
    Options
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    approve
    The real question is who is masochistic enough to sit here and play a game they disapprove of?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    IMHO, this game has the strongest, deepest, most compelling PvP out of all the MMO's out there...

Despite its flaws, it has many strengths...

As a result, the PvP in this game gets a big thumbs up from me...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    With new patch, they are fixing the cross-faction queue problem, fixing the keep grates so we don't get knocked down, switching Battlegrounds back to No CP, nerfing Earthgore, and removing the AOE caps.

I mean, sure I'd appreciate if they'd fix the lag, but if that were going to happen anytime soon, they'd have done it already.

Overall, I'm having fun with my PVP guild and the Dragonbone DLC changes seem like they'll make PVP even more fun.

Now, if only the servers and my internet will cooperate...
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more choices. There are many things about ESO pvp I am dissatisfied with, but I still prefer it to the pvp offerings of any other active game right now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    removing the AOE caps

The depths of the abyss know no bounds, no quarter and no mercy. The climb up from the swells of darkness may be long and arduous, but the longest of journeys begins with but a single step

Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the lag + loading screens and 99% of my problems are gone
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    disapprove
    With new patch, they are fixing the cross-faction queue problem...

It would be great if they went the extra step and limited the campaign to one faction per account. I understand why some people wouldn't want that... but there are a lot of fair weather birds so the pendulum swings hard, when it swings.
    Edited by Kode on February 7, 2018 2:11AM
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disapprove
    Lately it's been broken but would have answered differently a month ago
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disapprove
    I'm actually on a break till they fix the class balance. I don't enjoy it at the moment.

I think its safe to say that Im just waiting for a better pvp mmo, but nothing offers what this game does so I'm still here as a result.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 7, 2018 2:37AM
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disapprove
    From lags to continued nerf of various things... it is hard to really approve anything that ZoS does because they are also very like DK when it comes to fixing actual issues. 0 mobility, snared at 99%.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is way too black and white of a post. But at this point these polls are kind of useless. I guarantee you ZOS is 100% aware of the issues in PvP and either 1) cannot fix them 2) has chosen not too for some reason 3) is being told to focus on other aspects to being in the most money. All companies are controlled by the their corporate side, even if the people we communicate with would like to focus time and effort on PvP (and why wouldn’t they?), it’s unlikely that they’re ultimately choosing where the majority of resources are allocated.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 7, 2018 3:59AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    I agree there are not too many options in the poll which makes it hard to choose. I like the game and many things in it but wish lag was solved as well as bugs.

Other than that I would love to have some new PVP Content
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    disapprove
    The problem with creating varying degrees is that it returns ambiguous results... most voters decide to go middle of the road, so the end result is middle of the road. They figure that the game excels in some areas, but not in others and give it a 5, 6 or 7 accordingly. A few people will vote very low, a few very high. Most will vote safely in the middle. Using approve or disapprove requires a more critical thought process because the outcome is more definitive.

Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    disapprove
    Compared with other MMOs this still have the best pvp.

But

It used to be a lot better before everyone who sucked came here and whined enough that everything got nerfed into oblivion and now solo play *** sucks
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disapprove
    It's been better in the past, but it's also been a lot worse. I'd probably rate ESO PVP a 10/10 if they'd dedicate all resources to it for one quarter because there's really not that many issues, it's just that ZOS takes forever to address them. Also lag.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    Still the best on the market. Thus i can't with clear conscience vote otherwise. Even tho there is a lot that i dislike.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    The part of me that wants to say disapprove is how they introduce the same old bugs every couple of patches or find new ways to break things because they didn't thoroughly test them.

Regardless, they FINALLY came around about aoe caps, which if I remember correctly, was the way the game was introduced.
    They make some dumb choices like making the agony skill worse than it previously was, but they also nerfed/fixed proc sets & never-dying malubeth & troll king users; which were a big issue for a long time.

Probably the biggest reason I play this game more than say bdo, is that eso has the ability to break free, it has stuns but it also has cc immunity(when it works). Which imo is a step in the right direction for pvp focused games.

I still think time-to-kill is a little high against some super tanks but overall I agree with Zenimax's "keep trying attitude" & willingness to go backwards if something in the past was just better.

I don't know the legalities but if I could host a "gofundme for eso pvp" & give them donations for better servers/connectivity I gladly would.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disapprove
    Well this is hard I approve pvp and thinks it’s fun but the way it works with random load screens mid fight and horrible lag I disapprove.

If they fixed load screens and lag I would be really happy
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    approve
    I'm on Xbox with the Xbox one X:

I think Zos has done a great job both implementing various sets and ways to play each character.

The power creep and with it the tanking creep, may have escalated a bit much, but I feel they took care of the power creep mostly with the sustain nerf. It's just the tanking creep still lives on and they do create a mild annoyance (more so when it's a large group of tanks all doing a small amount of damage but the group is big enough to actually kill you)

I entirely blame the state of PvP on the players themselves. Yes this game is advertised as large scale battles, and large scale as in 50 vs 50 spread out in a keep or open field works wonderfully (and is actually a lot of fun!!). But alas that's not how the community plays. Instead they find joy in balling up into a "Zerg" so that their individual chances of dying are low and their individual skill level does not matter.

And That's where the game goes to ***. Because a good majority of players, they never leave that mindset and formation. Then you'll have a small group of 4 to 7 trying to enjoy the game, and all of a sudden they get run over by a 24 man ball Zerg full of tanks and healers, or at minimum 12 to 15. And you can't spread away from your own Zerg (even though I try time and time again) because you'll get run over. But I suppose I'd rather get run over than be a part of the group killing this game.

Then the game gets laggy, your individual actions rarely matter, and it's just not fun.

I've had days where I enjoyed the *** out of this game, so this game has the formula for a great experience. But other nights where I played for half an hour, knew what kind of style it was going to be and just got off, because it also had the capability of being "cancerous". If that's how players have fun then so be it, but I will not take part in that.

Then the mentality of, in order to survive in this game, I need to be a hybrid tank/damage dealer. I need just enough damage to do a burst with my ultimate up, and everything else goes into tanking capability. And that's where this game just isn't fun. It's not hard to absorb the damage of 3 to 4 players if you build for it. But at that point the only way you're getting a kill is with your ultimate up. And in my opinion that's a poor way to play. But I digress and am rambling.

TL;DR:
    This game is great, but players make it awful.
    Options