The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Statistics: master writ drop rates 2018-01

helediron
helediron
✭✭✭✭✭
I have collected some new statistics about master writ droprates.
MasterWrits201801.png

That is representing one and half year of writmaking with a very good crafter. There are totals, averages per month and averages per day.

One master crafter can expect to get 0.63 master writs and 9.4 vouchers per day on average. You need 9 traits, lots of motifs and all crafting achievements to reach these numbers.

More details in my little blog , but above are the essentials.
On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little late to the game, but I've been starting to track this information on my characters as well. Will be interesting to see if there's any difference between console (XB NA) and pc.

Edit. Very valuable and insightful information. Thank you!
    Edited by Feric51 on February 6, 2018 9:39PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...thanks.

I would have guessed provision is far lower, and you’re showing it lower but not where I’d have guessed. I would have estimated 1/3 the drop rate (based on my crafter who knows every recipe in the game.)

I’d also point out that on my server (PS4 NA) those total vouchers have a street value of ~5 million gold. Given the time involved, difficulty, etc, that puts master writs as one of the most valuable items in the game. Just boring to manage if you’re selling them for profit.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! Some statistic summaries from my master writ tracking since they were introduced:

y7P1nmG.png

Similar to yours with a little higher averages for the max crafter.

You can find the raw data in a Google Spreadsheet although it hasn't been created for viewing easily.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard , if i filter the material to contain only full 9 trait crafters, the results get closer to your max crafter results. But when doing so i fall into way too small sample. Even my full test was half of what it should have been, but i had to cut it before next update.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    @Reorx_Holybeard , if i filter the material to contain only full 9 trait crafters, the results get closer to your max crafter results. But when doing so i fall into way too small sample. Even my full test was half of what it should have been, but i had to cut it before next update.

Ahh, good to know. To be fair my "max crafter" isn't absolutely maxed out in the 3 Smithing and Provisioning. I'm missing one purple recipe and have a couple of styles not completely known. And my mid-level crafters have a range of known traits/styles, but should be good enough to give a rough estimate or idea of progression from 0 to max.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to say I'm surprised... my average for blacksmithing master writs is under 10 per writ (one biggie out of every 25, the rest being 5 or 6).

Similarly for clothing and woodworking. All with maxed out crafters :(

I haven't seen a 10 voucher writ for enchanting or provisioning, but that's probably a good thing :)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm surprised... my average for blacksmithing master writs is under 10 per writ (one biggie out of every 25, the rest being 5 or 6).

Similarly for clothing and woodworking. All with maxed out crafters :(

I haven't seen a 10 voucher writ for enchanting or provisioning, but that's probably a good thing :)
    It is in fact not at all a surprise that we all have got different amount of vouchers. An analogy would be that we all got a shuffled deck of cards and each of us drew five first cards out from our decks. Now we are comparing our results and try to figure out what actually there is in the whole deck of cards.

The quality of crafter affects writ drop rates but not vouchers. The content and voucher amount - after a master writ drops - is random. Only after very long time writ drops turn to vouchers. To get a reliable result of voucher drops i should have about 3000 writs from each profession, which would take TEN YEARS of writmaking on single crafter.