The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting: what's worst trait in the game?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Are things balance or is one so far from the others?
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way traits are designed they are situational. Not every character/build/role will take the same things into consideration when selecting traits. It's clear that some traits are more popular than others but I don't see how you could determine which one is the worst. The worst for what?

Training would probably be the worst for everything except for gaining exp. That being said it's an extremely popular trait because people want faster exp.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Decisive Weapons and Nirnhoned Armor are the worst traits IMO.

Even on an Ultimate Regen build, Decisive falls flat because it's only 1 extra ultimate on a % chance that you actually get it. You're better off with ANY other trait for weapons as they'll all benefit you in more ways in the long haul. Nirn provides more armor than reinforced on Light Armor and Medium armor, minus Medium Chests, but even then the time and effort to get full Nirn Armor as well as how poorly mitigation scales in this game, just makes it an overall waste.
    Argonian forever
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the worst one invigorating?

Nirned is the only one on all of my woodworking items that I haven't researched tho.

So my answer is invigorating for combat, nirned for research.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating without a doubt. I mean.. yeah... it's better than Prosperous was, but it's still highly unattractive when on many pieces of gear it equates to a whole 11 points to H/M/S pools when LEGENDARY... Even combining that between all your gear pieces is pathetic... 88 to all 3 I believe?

Who in their right mind would use that trait is beyond me.

Sturdy comes in at a Second Place because it just isn't that useful, even if you do block alot. 4% less block cost at Legendary is peanuts.
    Edited by lagrue on February 6, 2018 7:02PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Research Tip: decide which trait you are least likely to use and research that trait last.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Are things balance or is one so far from the others?

I don't know of an invigorating based OP build.

Edit to add that prosperous was useless in battle, but people used is for farming gold. If your character can wear it and still clean up all the trash mobs in public dungeons, then it was leaving gold on the table not to use it. At the very least, it was a specific thing that someone could use if they wanted to. Invigorating is just garbage.
    Edited by Colecovision on February 6, 2018 7:04PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decisive Weapons .

with the proper build, Decisive is really strong. Many people is starting to run decisive on backbar for pvp
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 6, 2018 7:03PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't the worst one invigorating?
    I think you mean Infuriating
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about nirn for amour?
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating and Decisive, perhaps. Both are revamps of earlier traits (Prosperous and Weighted, respectively), so it's just ZOS not knowing what to do with these traits.

While Decisive may be better than Invigorating as it can be beneficial with a very few, certain sets, it might be the most useless of the weapon traits, followed by Charged. Charged just doesn't do enough to compete with Infused, Precise, Sharpened, Defending (underrated, but a very good trait) and Nirnhorned, but Decisive is just so narrow in use that it's really meh in most cases.

Invigorating is, wow, not good. It seems to have been designed to work like divines, in that to get the most of it you need as many pieces in it as possible, but the pay-off for what you lose doing that in terms of what other traits can do instead makes it not worth. Nirnhorned for armor is a problem the same way--if it was buffed so 1 or 2 pieces made a difference, it probably be used by some players, but then there'd be player running 7 pieces with crazy resistances and we already have that problem in PVP (or course they could add a limit--say you could only wear 3 or less--but ZOS won't).

Training is actually a revamp of the old Exploration trait that only gave extra XP when you discovered new places. Honestly I hate this trait, it's surprisingly OP with how easy it is to level up in this game and is exploited by bots and cheesers. It's made crafter like me make the choice to stop making training sets, and imo, it should be done away with. Keep the Set of the Trainee that drops in the noob zones, if people what to farm/buy that, but get rid of this craftable trait. But they won't.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say...

All of the ones that people never use, and would like to transmute from.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Invigorating and Decisive, perhaps. Both are revamps of earlier traits (Prosperous and Weighted, respectively), so it's just ZOS not knowing what to do with these traits.

While Decisive may be better than Invigorating as it can be beneficial with a very few, certain sets, it might be the most useless of the weapon traits, followed by Charged. Charged just doesn't do enough to compete with Infused, Precise, Sharpened, Defending (underrated, but a very good trait) and Nirnhorned, but Decisive is just so narrow in use that it's really meh in most cases.

Invigorating is, wow, not good. It seems to have been designed to work like divines, in that to get the most of it you need as many pieces in it as possible, but the pay-off for what you lose doing that in terms of what other traits can do instead makes it not worth. Nirnhorned for armor is a problem the same way--if it was buffed so 1 or 2 pieces made a difference, it probably be used by some players, but then there'd be player running 7 pieces with crazy resistances and we already have that problem in PVP (or course they could add a limit--say you could only wear 3 or less--but ZOS won't).

Training is actually a revamp of the old Exploration trait that only gave extra XP when you discovered new places. Honestly I hate this trait, it's surprisingly OP with how easy it is to level up in this game and is exploited by bots and cheesers. It's made crafter like me make the choice to stop making training sets, and imo, it should be done away with. Keep the Set of the Trainee that drops in the noob zones, if people what to farm/buy that, but get rid of this craftable trait. But they won't.

Charged is used for secondary trait effects. It's great to get concussion....and other traits. Could even do burning spell weave with this maybe.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually use a decisive lightning staff on my magDK in PVP. It has a specific use: elemental blockade and heavy attacking for magicka return and damage debuff. But it's not my primary weapon where all my damage abilities are for the most part.

The achievement on ZOS' part in taking a trait with limited usefulness (Exploration) and making it many times worse cannot be overstated. If perhaps the values on Infuriating were multiplied by 5 or even 10 it could me more desirable, or at least not absolute horse ****.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decisive potentially adds to every tick. Take minor heroism, which adds 1.5 per second or 3 per tick. 1 bonus is a 40% chance (golded) to get 33% more ultimate. On every tick.

If you sum up all sources of ulti gain, it ticks quite often. It's not always that "decisive" a bonus as that example up there, but it is a significant source of ult gain. There are worse weapon traits.

I would say training takes the cup for weapons, while invigorating is winner for armor, the latter also with a large margin overall champion.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For armor traits it's like
    1. Infused, Divines, Impenetrable
    2. Training
    3. all other mostly useless traits.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget that before prosperous we had Exploration!

I logged into my first character I ever created last month to finally start leveling it after having shelved him at level 18. Couldn't figure out why someone had crafted him an entire set of Invigorating gear. Then I remembered that the person that I first met in the game decided "Exploration" would be good because I'd be discovering a bunch of new locations following him around.

For those that don't recall. Exploration increased the experience gain when discovering new locations. It became Prosperous with the 1T update I believe.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)